1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Blu's Full Guide For Shadowers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Blu301, Nov 3, 2019.

1. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    4:00 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Nice informative guide! Yet again another community focused effort by lovely Tim to raise awareness for a great (debateable) untoured class. I've made my Shadower right when 2018 knocked at the door and ever since had many up and downs. (I was upset to play it and reach end game pre buff because class' dpm was awful!)
    Overall if you look for a class that doesn't depend highly on HP washing (I washed and now I'm at 8.9k HP (=17.8k total) at 177 pre HB, but Tim's a living proof you don't have to play that rat race of HP washing) and neither do on great funding. (Tho post buff (Which was awesome and we couldn't ask for something greater!) expect our gear to be a bit pricey than one would remember pre buff.) You could approach me as well for Shadower questions (I'm lower lv. tho but have more flight hours on board of ML.) especially if you want to ask regarding HP washing for Shadowers, yes/no or just to drop by and say Hi.

2. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    6:00 PM
    Shadower
    Thanks for making such a comprehensive guide!

Out of curiosity, do you know if Steal works for monster cards? Since it's a (crappy) mobbing skill, but can potentially steal items, I'm wondering if it would help with earlier monster book ring farming.

3. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    7:00 PM
    Shadower
    'snot worth it buddy.

4. Thaijutsu

Thaijutsu Red Snail

Mar 11, 2020
    Male
    Thaijutsu
    Bandit
    Does anyone have a skill build for 3rd Job if I want to alternate between ME and farming mesos with Band of Thieves? Would greatly be appreciated!

5. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Google AyumiLove (Chief Bandit Build) and look for posts from 2008 (Pre Big Bang).
    Thank me later :)

6. Dichotomy

Dichotomy Red Snail

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    Hey great guide! I'm a 81 chief bandit but I was thinking of trying to bomb at shaolin forest of towers. I have a friend who is a 99 priest. I'm confused on this part:

"Note: 1 run = 1 round of luring mobs + dropping and exploding mesos, and also make sure you train with a partner (priest highly preferable) within 5 levels of you since individually you are both too low to leech exp from the mobs otherwise."

Is it because the gold/bronze martial artists are so high level that only I would get exp? Would this be the case as well if I went to bomb at himes with him? How does the exp within 5 levels work? Thanks!

7. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    9:00 PM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    That's misspoken on my part I think, if the mage is a higher lvl than you they will still get exp. I'm pretty sure the higher level your partner is compared to you, the bigger share of exp they will get - but it should be great for both, trust. You should run some !EPM 5 tests or something, see what both of y'all are getting

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Shad hit 200 a couple nights back :) I had planned to post a progress update a while ago but never got around to it.

At this point, I feel like I've completed the game to the fullest on shad, and am hella satisfied with how things ended up. I achieved all the big goals I aimed for, from getting the tier 10 monster book ring, to scrolling each piece of my final gear set, to running every single boss in the game (even ran The Boss for the first time at 199 *_*). I'm salty I never got the last 2 Neo Tokyo (TBD) and Toad chairs (done!) though.

Current plans are to finish White Scrolling my dagger (done!) and get my archer to tier 10 ring (done!) and 155+ (done!). My shad will always be my main though. Just with some more clients in the mix :)

To give y'all shads some hard numbers to shoot for -

Current Gears:
    Dagger: 142 att 30 luk Speargrave dagger (60? white scrolls for 5 slots smh)
    Shield: 32 att 8 str 3 luk Dragon Khanjar
    Helmet: 16 str 39 dex 17 luk Zakum helmet (hit 2 30s + 8 60s on stream smh)
    Face Accessory: 10 dex smiling mask
    Eye Accessory: 9 str 7 dex 7 speed Spec Goggles
    Earrings: 6 str 9 dex 4 luk Element Pierce Earrings
    Cape: 13 att Pink Gaia Cape
    Top: 2 dex 21 luk Red Pirate Shirt
    Bottom: 17 dex 4 luk Red Pirate Pants
    Shoes: 1 str 17 dex 7 luk Timeless Moonsteeds / 14 dex violet snowshoes
    Gloves: 20 att Yellow Markers (8/5 glove, 2 ws 10%, 3 ws 60%)
    Pendant: 26/26/28/29 Timeless Pendant
    Rings: Tier 10 Monster Card ring + Ellin ring
    Pet Equip: 250 HP Red Bow (x2 now * ________ *)

Stats:
    Base str @ 4, base dex @ 25.
    Range on MW20, Echo, Cider (most common combo): 6324 - 11184
    Range on MW20, Echo, Apple: > 15000 top

Rough DPM figures on MW20, Echo, Ciders:
    - Dummy solo target DPM: ~8.5 mil (standing, no cap hits)
    - Bossing solo-target DPM: ~7.9 mil
    - CWK 3-target DPM (with SE, valentine's ring): ~14.5 mil
    - Solo cleave Horntail DPM 45 (with SE, as sed*): ~10.5-11 mil*

*pre-aggro/seduce changes unfortunately. HT tests in general fluctuate based on party composition, bishop shielding seds, and weapon cancels. These tests are as solo cleave with a very top-tier bishop (bless Diane).

One more random to-beat number: highest normal 5-minute EPM test I recorded while duo training at Shaolin 7F with another melee attacker was a bit over 85 mil (includes time buffing in FM). Though this was around lvl 185 during a time period when taunt at max came with a 40% damage reduction.

I hope you surpass me and have mad fun doing it.

Happy Mapling <3

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry Red Snail

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    MrPinhead
    Hello! Have been a fan of this guide and have used it to level my character all the way up to now (level 112 CB) :)

Was wondering... FoT has been great so far, but my thinking is that as I get closer to 120, it’s efficiency will decrease and it’ll get slower as I level closer to 120... any tips on other places to meso explode or whether it’s even worth it 112+? I still a get a decent 2.5% per wave, but just wondering if there’s better options around 115? Thanks! :D

10. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I'm not sure what kind of eph you're getting at FoT or if you even test it, but I believe people were telling me they can get over 25 mil eph at shaolin 7F the top floor of the tower. There are less mobs on the map, but the map is also much smaller so each round should go faster. FoT is probably a bit better, but they should be pretty close.

Yikes if 2.5% a minute isn't fast enough for you though, idk what to tell you man that's fast as hell haha. Other classes besides F/P mages can't even speed train, and by early-middle 4th job I think you'll be happy to break even 1% a minute (and it's all downhill from there). It seems like a lot of shads even continue meso exploding into 4th job until boomstep is high enough of a level to be worth using

• Like Like x 1
  11. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry Red Snail

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    MrPinhead
    Interesting! In that case, if 2.5% is already pretty good, I won’t complain LOL (clearly need to reorient my expectations) Thanks for the tip and this guide :D Guess I’ll be at FoT for a while then even after 4th job haha.

12. Kiim

Kiim Blue Snail

Apr 29, 2020
    Female
    3:00 AM
    Brawler
    Hi! Thank you for the guide. It made me excited for a shadower! I am a new player. and I want to play a shadower. But the HP washing is still blowing my mind lol.
    Could you maybe help me a bit more detailed? Thank you ^^

13. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    7:00 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    gj boys and girls we memed the class back to relevancy

"SHADS IN 20XX OMEGALUL" meme is retired feelsgoodman

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:00 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'll add to this as im a first character shad main that followed blu's guide up till now (139 at the point of writing).

Although i've decided to take the bloodwashing route (potentially also planning to stunt myself and sacrifice 50AP for a ~1.1k hp gain), as far as FoT and 7F is concerned. my highest peak at FoT was ~34m eph (this was with an optimised priest who knew how to lure) and 7F was ~26m eph. Yes the 7F map is smaller, but FoT has more mobs.

I also managed to optimise meso consumption at FoT (with max ME) to roughly 650 x 70 bags = a little under 45k per wave - this also takes mob dropped and pickpocketed mesos into account.

Happy to share more. Im honestly planning on creating a guide myself to share my hybrid skill builds that will allow you to ME and mob for 70 - 120, and also low-tier bossing and mobbing for 120~160. (hint: adding SP to both ME and BoT for the former, and adding to both taunt and assasinate for the latter).

find me ingame, I'm happy to share if/when i'm free :). ign: Potayto.

15. Dunski

Dunski Red Snail

May 1, 2020
    Female
    Dunski
    Chief Bandit
    amazing guide! helped me a lot

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry Red Snail

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    MrPinhead
    Potayto! I think I’ve seen you around before, good insights and very helpful!

My average for FoT duo with a priest is 25 mil an hour... I don’t think I’ve ever reached to 34 mil LOL. Then again, not every priest knows how to lure effectively (and I don’t blame them in anyway honestly) and I’m probably not the greatest bomber. Any details on how you achieve that and and what level would be appreciated :)

Low tier mobbing and bossing (120-160) would be great since I’m 122 right now and boom step isn’t maxed and it’s hard to mob things even though Shads are supposedly great mobbers (I don’t doubt this, but it’s hard trying not to explode all your mesos away whilst getting over the 12x hump where bstep is not maxed)

Will reach out if I see you online :) (MyPinhead)

17. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    TateTate you said 34 mil eph peak at FoT meso exploding. But was this the actual amount of EXP you gained in an hour or the estimate from a short EPM test? I find it really hard to believe that eph is sustainable based on what other people have told me and that the testers who originally shared FoT stats only tested a bit over 20 in an hour. But thanks for the stats on the amount of meso drops per round, that's very helpful for people to know

If you're gonna be bossing I feel like assassinate and shifter after boomstep makes way more sense, normal training without taunt is already extremely fast with a partner from like 130-150. Taunt's utility is only for grinding but shifter will help you everywhere, and immensely for bossing. Plus starting to use taunt after 15x makes training feel a bit easier when it starts to get slow x)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. pandoni

pandoni Snail

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    pandoni
    Bandit
    Any thoughts on the Crimsonheart Cloak for unfunded players? 12 total STR/DEX/LUK (for average cape) plus 3 extra slots (~4 more stats with 60% scrolls) make it seem comparable to a 3 ATK cape for a fraction of the cost right now, but maybe I'm missing something

19. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    A crimson cloak is fine through early 4th job for sure, if any attacking class were to use them it makes most sense for shads since we use 3 stats. Anything near +25 stats would be hella solid, about the same as a ~4 attack cape in early 4th job I think. But as you progress deeper in 4th job you 100% want an attack cape, the main reason being with higher base luk I think weapon attack is much more valuable to damage than +stats. There are not many equip categories in which you can get more attack, so it's best to maximize everywhere you can.

I feel like most players become funded on the way to bossing level or through bossing. Just takes some good RNG every once in a while. There are other reasons why you should get an attack cape as well, such as you can eventually reach minimum base str and dex without a +stat cape. Also you'd have to make up all that str/dex when you switch from a stat cape to an attack cape, and lastly attack capes are a good investment anyways because they have good resale value.

20. sgbtan

sgbtan Mano

Mar 20, 2017
    2:00 AM
    TadpoIe
    Bandit
    Does any Chief Bandit have feedback on meso farming at kid mannequins? I trained there for about 10 mins but noticed I was losing meso because of meso guard. Or am I doing it wrong? MapleF3_Origin