1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Blu's Full Guide For Shadowers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Blu301, Nov 3, 2019.

1. HittingStuff

HittingStuff Slime

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    12:53 PM
    HittingStuff
    Paladin
    Agape
    when i grow up i want to be a big shadower like tim

2. joshhy

joshhy Red Snail

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    3:53 AM
    Joshhyy
    Beginner
    Thanks for the prompt response. So basically if I use meso explosion or leech all the way from 70-120, meaning i save ALL my points until 120 and see what gear I have before pumping the bare minimum to hit the 75/150 mark. Am I right to say this?

3. joshhy

joshhy Red Snail

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    Joshhyy
    Beginner
    Ah okay noted. Thank you for the tip!

4. Elderwood

Elderwood Blue Snail

Oct 10, 2020
    6:53 AM
    I'm currently training a SinDit, it's level 27 but I maxed Nimble Body first then Dark Sight. It'll have like 10 points by level 30. I am fairly new and I want to know if this is significant?

Level 23: +1 Nimble Body [10]; +2 Disorder [2]
    Level 24: +1 Disorder [3]; +2 Dark Sight [2]
    Level 25: +3 Dark Sight [5]
    Level 26: +3 Dark Sight [8]
    Level 27: +3 Dark Sight [11]
    Level 28: +3 Dark Sight [14]
    Level 29: +3 Dark Sight [17]
    Level 30: +3 Dark Sight [MAX]

5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    8:53 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    sindit is life. yea you're on the right path

6. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    3:53 PM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    ElderwoodElderwood it's not a big deal no. you do want to max dark sight eventually, still maintaining max speed/jump while in dark sight is pretty useful

7. GayGirlGod

GayGirlGod Blue Snail

Oct 30, 2020
    Female
    1:53 PM
    What level should I start HP washing if I plan on doing that? Also do I need to add any int to my base stats? I'm still really new and I'm currently leveling a bishop so I can make money and buy int equips and dex/str equips and then actually start training my shadower. Would you say this class is more enjoyable than buccaneer? I just want my eventual main class to be a class that doesn't need to hp wash very much or dump a bunch of stats into int just for the purpose of washing, so shad is who I mainly wanna play, but I've also heard buccaneer doesn't need to wash very much either.

8. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    hihi. no, you don't need base int (i never had any and can do all bosses with hb, and all bosses but 4 without), but if you want to boss it's nice to just start washing as early as you can :] good to have some comfort in bossing, but you could get by with washing very little and still be fine to survive in the vast majority of bossing, even a good bulk of it without hb.

starting with a mage is a solid move. But if you're starting with a mage, perhaps just keep voting for nx on your shad/bucc account as you're playing that and see if you can build some up :] a lot of people are working on multiple chars at the same time if that's something you're into, I think it's one of the awesome aspects of the game. And getting money for int gears and whatnot can take some time as well, it's best to just get a full set of int gears even if they're pretty low int (cheap prices). it all adds up and you can always upgrade later

9. GayGirlGod

GayGirlGod Blue Snail

Oct 30, 2020
    Female
    That's actually exactly what I'm doing! I have 2 accounts and I vote on both every day. My plan is to have this bishop and maybe another support class on this account and then make a shad and eventually a second damage dealer on another account. It's good to know I don't need to add any AP to int though, I've been kinda stressing about that and I've been having a hard time finding good info because it seems like a lot of stuff is written out in a way that already expects you to understand the game, so I really appreciate the explanation!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    yeah i hear that. it's a bit overwhelming, just getting back into the swing of an old school maple server, cause you just wanna kill some slimes but then you gotta deal with ap/skill builds, gears, washing. you'll get acclimated to things soon :) if you have any questions feel free to disc me, Timm#6977

11. GayGirlGod

GayGirlGod Blue Snail

Oct 30, 2020
    Female
    So for a shad all I really need to do is get int equips and then I'm ready to start leveling? I don't need to add any int to my stats at all? I would really like to eventually do bosses and end game stuff so whatever helps me get there is appreciated. So far the only int equips I have are a cape and a bathrobe and they're only like 8 int total put together but I'm getting there lol. from what I understand my hp goal should be like 8k-10k but I have no idea what exactly is required to get to that point.

PS: Thanks for the discord offer! If it's not annoying I honestly probably will message you questions from time to time haha

12. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    uhhh yeah, i mean you could even just level and get ints later on it's not a huuuuge deal. starting to wash as early as like lvl 20-50 range is awesome, but i started at lvl 80-90 on my bandit and never had base int. you can get by without base int fine for sure but if you are aiming toward endgame it's not a bad idea to have some. just continue building that int gear set, it gets easier to make mesos as you get to higher lvls. also be sure to ask frens on pricings if you're buying int gears to ensure that you're getting decent deals!

it's annoying to gauge how much int you want to reach certain HP goals yeah. if you want 8k-10k HP by big bossing level (155+) it's probably a good idea to add 60+ base int, that would allow 1 wash every 2 levels without including the int you'll get from gears as well. good luck out here

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I often hear the rhetoric of newcomers being discouraged about having to restart their characters, but for anybody who wants to put the work into funding and growing their characters, they'll eventually find that the grind from start-to-bossing level is actually the easy part and is otherwise inconsequential to the grand scope of things.

Also, note that Tim's 8k HP marker is for his level 200 character and was attainable with presumably good INT gear. Brand new players probably shouldn't expect the same outcome. Also, washing more heavily allows you to get to this threshold earlier.

If you are brand new to the server, I would suggest playing a mage/bishop first and getting that to 4th job while voting on an alternative account(s) (main attacker). You'll slowly learn about the various methods of washing and your pain tolerance. Another thing - having a mage that you can use to self-leech helps reduce the pain of grinding a high base INT attacker. It also allows you to repurpose your INT gear for washing. I wouldn't start leveling the main attacker until after I've accumulated all the INT gear in order to maximize the MP bonus from level ups.

Remember, this game can be played entirely at your own pace. You can make many different characters/accounts. Because of this, you can have both long-term and short-term projects running simultaneously.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    -ovv-ovv mulepapi has arrived

I do want to note - I started washing my bandit late, like lvl 80-90, starting with only 40-60 int. And though I progressively got better int gears, I wasn't leveling with 120-130 int until level 15x as well. So I think if someone's starting very early, even with poorer int gears most will end up in a very fine HP range by bossing level. It's just important to have a full set of int gear.

Ex. 12 int robe, 5 int earring, 5 int weapon, 5 int eye, 8 int cape, zakum helmet (~16 int), deputy star (5 int), a full set stacks up pretty nicely. And all of those should be "cheap" (maybe not so for very new players, but relatively speaking).

15. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Honestly, you don’t even really need to start a bishop just for the sake of leeching a shad. What I recommend is if you’re starting off with no funding just go low base int around (20-40) on ur early levels. With a zak helm and a mediocrely scrolled wand and cape (14~17+5~10), you’re well on 1 washes per 2 level starting lvl50, which is pretty decent. You’ll gradually earn more meso along the way and by then you can think about investing some into INT gear, but honestly 1 wash per 2 level by lvl 50 is achievable

• Like Like x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Assuming 1 wash every 2 levels from 50-120 and 1 wash every level from 121-200, that's at most 2.3k additional HP from washing. Assuming perfect RNG for level up HP gain, that's ~4800 hp + 2.3k, or 7.1k hp by 200. Add in Ellin and tier 10 rings and you should be at 7~8k, realistically on the lower end. The main downside to this is at lvl 160, you'd still be HB dependent.

Shads fall under the category of low investment/high yield characters alongside warriors. However, they do have the unique ability to blast through 3rd job without additional damage, so having a higher base INT is more practical/less painful. It also gives you the option of MP washing a couple of times to squeeze out additional washes.

I will always suggest the mage/bishop route just for the over all utility it brings. People have proven it's do-able without it, sure. It all ultimately depends on your play style.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    Note that being able to zoom through 3rd job is *very* contingent on having a good chunk of cash - meso exploding is the fastest non-leech method of levelling (faster than leeching at some points) except for F/P's ability to fart aggressively, but it absolutely destroys your mesos - you can end up burning up to 6 million mesos an hour, and it can cost upwards of 100 mil to meso bomb all the way through third job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Adelheim

Adelheim Blue Snail

Dec 10, 2020
    Male
    8:53 PM
    Sincerely
    Cleric
    While on the topic of washing.. If I get like 40-50 INT gear, make a bandit and add like 50 base INT (for a total of 100) INT and then start leveling him, at what point would I start washing him? And what's the actual process..? AP reset MP and put it into HP? Oh and a final question, at what point would I remove the base int? :eek: (And I assume when removed it would just be put into LUK)

19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:53 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You can wash whenever you have enough extra mp to do so it doesn't really matter when you do it but doing it early means you will have higher hp sooner. 100 extra int during lvl up will get you 10 extra mp which is a little less than 1 wash per lvl.

The process is once you lvl up you check if you have atleast 12mp more than your minimum mp which means you can wash. If so place one point into HP then use an AP reset to take out of MP and put into luck (or dex w.e).

Once you have gained enough extra mp to reach your goals you can reset your base int, yes put it into luck or str or dex w.e you need.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    I almost asked for a macro attack combinations, but you covered that already. People like you are cut from a different cloth, I can't even imagine the amount of time it took to make this.

BoomStep > Band of Thieves

Dark Sight > Assassinate > BoomStep.

I needed to know both of these. I appreciate it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1