1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Blu's Full Guide For Shadowers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Blu301, Nov 3, 2019.

1. rygall

rygall Snail

Sep 28, 2020
    Male
    3:38 PM
    rygall
    I/L Wizard
    Homies
    Great guide has been very helpful in my measly shadower career! One thing I wanted to bring up was a discussion on the recent (2020 Christmas patch) nerfs to taunt which gave taunt a +40% damage reduction. Do you think it is still worth it to put points into taunt early 4th job rather than maxing shifter and assassinate first?
    (I asked this on your stream yesterday but figured I’d bring it up on the guide itself)

2. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    yoyo ry. yeah with the damage reduced taunt (ex. at lvl 10 taunt will do ~20% damage reduction, at max lvl 30 it does ~40%), i would say it's better to leave taunt for later on (maybe after lvl 150 when you have max boomstep/shifter/nate) unless you're sure you want to grind for a very long time before you start bossing. if you want to start participating in zakum/krexel/cwk in the 135-140 range it's better to have your main attacking skills maxed and then gun for shifter so you get knockbacked a lot less.

even without taunt, training at shaolin floor 7F with another shad or warrior is a breeze from 130-150+. so if you end up maxing taunt later on and start to optimize how you use it, training won't feel much slower as you get deeper into middle 4th job. you could still get taunt to like lvl 10 pretty early to start getting used to the mechanics, but in general it's probs better to do nate and shifter after boomstep but before taunt

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    12:38 PM
    Shadower

For the Band of Thieves route, the SP distribution for first few levels is not correct. CBs cannot put 1 SP into Meso Guard right away at level 71 as Meso Guard requires Level 3 Chakra in order to start putting SP onto it. Therefore, the correct BoT route goes

Level 70: +1 Meso Explosion [1]
    Level 71: +3 Chakra [3]
    Level 72: +1 Assaulter [1], +1 Band of Thieves [1], +1 Meso Guard [1]
    Level 73: +3 Band of Thieves [4]
    Level 74: +3 Band of Thieves [7]
    Level 75: +3 Band of Thieves [10]
    Level 76: +3 Band of Thieves [13]
    Level 77: +3 Band of Thieves [16]
    Level 78: +3 Band of Thieves [19]
    Level 79: +3 Band of Thieves [22]
    Level 80: +3 Band of Thieves [25]
    Level 81: +3 Band of Thieves [28]
    Level 82: +2 Band of Thieves [MAXED], +1 Meso Guard [2]

You max BoT at level 82 rather than 81 instead due to having to put 3 points in chakra for level 71 just to unlock meso guard for level 72.​

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:38 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'd just skip the 33 second MG and max BoT at lvl 81 instead if I'd take that route.

5. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Band of Thieves doesn't kick in until you can hit at least 5 monsters with it. At Level 1 BoT, you can only hit 2 mobs and deal 110% damage which is just very awful.

The main reason you put 1 point in ME in the beginning is so that while you max out Band of thieves during your early levels of 3rd job training, you won't have to be stuck spamming SB until you can start hitting more mobs on BoT and every former 2nd job bandit knows, training with SB is absolutely painful and absolutely very slow leveling.
    With Meso Explosion, it is your "pseudo" mobbing skill until you get a higher leveled BoT. But more importantly, Meso Explosion bypasses accuracy checks as well as ignoring all enemy defenses which means that CBs at level 70 can just go straight to Elderwraith despite the 25 level deficit meaning that you will be gaining extremely fast exp far faster than just going Full BoT at level 7x. The cost to meso bombing at early levels is fairly low due to lower amount of exp needed to level up and gaining massive amounts of exp from Elderwraiths.
    By the time you are level 80 after quick grind with meso bombing, you now can hit 6 mobs with Level 25 BoT and therefore BoT now takes it from there as your mobbing skill.

When I bombed Elderwraiths , iirc I spent < 8m mesos just to get from 70-80. I don't have the exact values because this is long ago when me myself when BoT route.

You want to put 1 meso guard because for BoT route your grinding spot is at CDs which by far has the biggest EXP to HP ratio but CDs hit very hard like almost 1.5k touch damage similar to kid mannequins which is far more than 60% of your health. Without meso guard, its very easy to get killed in CDs if you don't constantly pot to more than 60% of your health.

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:38 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea I guess if you don't wash alot the MG can be useful there but recasting that every 33 secs is pretty awful.

7. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Its not about the washing, its about the mobs that CBs train.

Pre BoT (if you moderately wash then this doesn't matter), CBs go against elderwraith or himes with priest at early levels and by far, CBs straight up die without Meso Guard online from a single attack against them but with Meso Guard, they can survive up to 2 hits.

As I said, CBs train at Taipei 101 after ME and Taipei 101 mobs deal absurds amount of touch damage like damages like over 1.5k on mannequins. If you don't have MG even if you wash, you will be burning pots like lightning. Regardless of HP washing, you still will be burning a pot per attack from a mob. 1 touch damage from a mob forces you to pot. With meso guard, this makes so that it takes 2-3 hits to be able to pot therefore allowing you to stay in your training map as much as you can without going back to repotting.

8. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    Ok I'm going to be honest, not only did I go the low dexless build, but decided to want to go the "Band of Thieves" build for nostalgia while leaving my base DEX at 40 and my base STR low and obtain more DEX/STR from gear while pumping fresh AP into LUK. The main scrolls that will be used are DEX scrolls though.

No idea if I should pump fresh AP into STR, but I'm just obtaining DEX/STR from gear right now and it seems to be doing good so far. Actually, did a zakum run a few hours ago and got a Str 16, Dex 16, Int 17, Luk 17, Acc 19! Hopefully, the ellin earrings will boost my stats if the scrolling goes well! (Currently Level 50 Bandit right now) (SinDit Build)

There's other equips that give me "Weapon Attack" and what not, but these are ones that affect either my STR/DEX, LUK, or all.

Your guide seems to be holding up well boss! :tick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Klexos

Klexos Blue Snail

Feb 14, 2021
    Male
    2:38 PM
    Thief
    I am a new player, I read your guide late. I am currently level 29, my question is that max Lucky Seven, by going to 2job, will it not affect my damage or something similar? It is my big question, since I want to use your AP in my 2job :c

10. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    nah man you'll be fine :) you get savage blow early second job anyways

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Klexos

Klexos Blue Snail

Feb 14, 2021
    Male
    Thief

Skills from the first job do not accumulate for the second job? Or once it reaches level 30, the previous abilities no longer matter. Excuse the questions, I want to learn :(. Thks for help

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    You can't save up skill points into 2nd job, you have to use all sp up to lvl 30 before the job instructor lets you job advance. I wouldn't say the skills from first job don't matter. You'll still be using lucky seven/double stab until you can increase the skill level for mastery and savage blow to a decent amount

13. Klexos

Klexos Blue Snail

Feb 14, 2021
    Male
    Thief
    oh man, tysm<3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. candys8823

candys8823 Snail

Mar 18, 2021
    Male
    Candys
    Shadower
    Tavern
    Hey Blu, how much HP do you have currently? I'm at level 130 with 7.3K clean, not sure if that's enough

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Even without washing anymore, you'll be fine to tank the touch damage of Pink Bean with HB. So it's possible to do all content in the game with that much, any more is just if you feel like it. I wouldn't stress about it given rings and event gear bolstering it further.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sprint

Sprint Blue Snail

Jul 6, 2021
    Male
    10:38 PM
    Sprint
    Shadower
    Amazing

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. kingno

kingno Mano

Jan 6, 2017
    Male
    10:38 PM
    Dark Knight
    should i put sp into shield mastery instead of chakra? cus i dont think ill ever use it

18. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    4:38 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I use chakra a lot... that skill makes me use literally 0 health pots..

19. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Shield mastery is completely worthless unless you're using a timeless thief shield (dkhan has a max of 6 wep def), and timeless thief shield is not worth it at all unless you're going to make a perfect shield, which is almost certainly not going to be the case.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeezzz

jeezzz Blue Snail

Jun 2, 2021
    3:38 AM
    jeez101
    I/L Mage
    Great post, really got me into choosing shadower as my next main :D

Just wanna do some careful planning before I start on my journey, you mentioned that it is possible to aim for 6.7k HP clean with mediocre INT gears and no added base INT. However, I did some rough calculations and it seems like the average additional MP required for each level from level 1-160 is 10.5 MP which translates into 100-110 int required for each level. The following are my calculations:

upload_2021-8-11_1-35-4.png
    Am I missing something from the calculations or by 6.7k HP clean, you meant it includes gears with HP like monster rings and etc.? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to HP washing :p