1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Blu's Full Guide For Shadowers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Blu301, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    4:30 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Is there any viability in getting Shield Mastery over Chakra? I know def formulas are doodoo but doubling your def on top of doubling your effective health(meso guard) on top of high avoid(nimble body and shadow shifter) sounds like a great idea to me. Much more than being able to heal yourself by chugging mp and hoping to not get hit during the cast.

2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:30 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
  3. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    7:30 AM
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    The endgame shield for shads is the dragon khanjar, which has an average 5 def. Doubling that is negligible. There can be an argument for timeless list having a higher ceiling for att, which actually has some def as well. But scrolling one that is better than what you can get from dragon khanjars is so prohibitively expensive that it isn't really practical

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    4:30 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Ah, no you're absolutely right. I always misread the description as defense, period. Not shield defense.

Super disappointing lol, if the skill(s) just doubled your defense I think there would be a solid argument to take it as a Shadower and as a Hero/Paladin

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I know your question is aimed at OP but since you haven't got a response yet I'll give you my 2 cents.

Getting hit by 1/1 while at 30k hp should cost 11.7k mesos. That seems pretty rough but it's not too bad in practice.

Papulatus
    At 18.750 or 30.000 hp there's not much reason to use meso guard. In fact you can get a bit more dpm for not having to recast it every 120 seconds (and after dispels).

Zakum
    Zak does 1/1 right? It's hard to tell because best dpm on body comes from doing assassinate+dash while tanking touch damage. This also prevents getting stunned and stuff. You could get hit with a 1/1 when charging assass during weapon cancels but this should only hit you once or twice per run.

At my current 13k ish hp I still use meso guard but I imagine once I get 18k+ I can survive two body hits and run without meso guard comfortably.

Jiaoceng
    Same as zakum you'll be tanking body for optimal dpm but since it doesn't hit too hard you won't be using meso guard once you have high enough hp.

Horntail
    I think I get hit with 1/1 about 2-4 times each run, maybe a bit more when you're seduce target (as you get less iframes). Less than 100k mesos per run is a small price to pay for a big increase in survivability.

Nibergen
    You'll be tanking body hits to get your optimal dpm so you likely won't get hit with 1/1 at all (you can dodge them during cancels).

The Boss
    I haven't run this yet but I image you'll either be tanking body or tanking summons so you wouldn't get hit much by 1/1. But idk.

Pink Bean and friends (statues)
    Also haven't run this yet but if you get 18.750 hp you'll have the option of using meso guard when there's no HB or not using meso guard when there is. Or being extra safe and using both, it's nice to have options.

I probably forgot some bosses..

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    8:30 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
  7. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    Also notably, the more HP you have, the more cost efficient pots like honsters/ginsengs/whatever becomes. That will end up saving you more mesos than the increased meso guard usage from 1/1s

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    flowflow oh dude i missed your last message my b. not bothering

6-man shad HT run is definitely viable i think even without apples? lol my gauge could be off but i'm pretty sure. i think if all pretty maxed out and know how to maneuver it should be a clear, 100% with some attack pots. shad dpm 45 or whatever during body is strong. we once did a 12-man shad run, all levels just for shits and finished with 3 heads

i'm not sure i understand your most recent q, wouldn't you just save pot money with more hp? the damage from mobs will be the same so the meso guard cost will be too right. i could be interpreting you wrong

edit: didn't notice others had replied already. hadn't considered 1/1s with pot cost. well you'd be using percentage hp pots so it'd cost the same even if you were low hp right (edit edit: yeah i'm dumb -- the meso guard cost lol. it's whatever, don't worry about that cost). you could also be fancy at a lot of bosses, can use lower pots for successive 1/1 animations

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I think what they meant is that meso guard has increased cost when you get hit with 1/1s a lot and you have high HP not the pot cost being higher. But as others mentioned the pros of having more HP outweigh this small con

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DzenowaRAVE

DzenowaRAVE Mano

Jun 1, 2022
    US
    DzenowaPLUIR
    Cleric
    Rainbow
    Wow thank you so much this seems very thorough! My main is a sindit so this is much apppreciated! Great layout and work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    6:30 PM
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    Can you make a video on how to meso explosion grind at 70-80?

12. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  13. kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    Any recommendations on what to search ?

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  15. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:30 PM
    Beginner
    As for goby, I'd recommend not Bombing houses but rather using Assaulter and SB on stun proc to break it at a faster pace and without getting magical damage, finally Bombing the fishes. Tho if you're full int base CB, u probably might wanna skip goby since u won't have much dmg on Assaulter + SB.

Also, this is how it looks like with a decent dmg range here, might wanna take off pet meso loot to reuse meso drops for re-bombing.

16. CardcaptorSD

CardcaptorSD Snail

Jan 4, 2023
    8:30 PM
    CardcaptorSD
    Chief Bandit
    Coin
    Hi, I'm new with shad main and it helped a lot. TY :D
    However, I have some questions with our recent changes.
    1. We have new bosses in Neo Tokyo pt 2. I heard Aufheben cancels buffs a lot, so meso guard is useless in there. How much HP do we need for Auf?

2. We got assassinate buffed, can used without ds and gives defense neglect buff if fully charged, does it changes our decent combos?

17. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    2:30 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    dam that bring some old days , hope to see you back one day Tim

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    I'm currently lv 71 and im failing (and dying) trying to mesos explode can someone show me how to do it properly in game?

19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    you have mesos guard?

20. kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    Yee also why is band of thieves 210% dmg instead of 250%?