1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Boss run disconnect issues

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kimmy, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    Some people may experience disconnects at boss runs such as Zakum. While this is not as bad as other places, depending on your PC you may still DC due to client issues.

Here's some Tips for best experience during Zak:

1) ALWAYS play on low GFX during run. While for some PC's this doesn't matter, for those that do have the bug, it especially happens when you play on highest GFX (Picture Quality).

2) Don't tab out/go from full screen to window or other way around too much if your PC is known to DC a lot, you may get the black screen bug and crash. If you have to, change your GFX settings first before doing so.

3) Before a body dies, refresh your graphics. You can do this by going to menu > game settings > picture quality. Just change it to anything and click ok, your GFX is now refreshed.

Shortcut for this: ESC > UP UP > ENTER > Left or right > ENTER

If you change to high just do it again and change it back to low, so your chance to DC is lower.

NOTICE: If you notice sprite flickering, refresh GFX ASAP or you'll crash. Do this with the shortcut because mouse movements during flickering has a high chance to crash you.

Once again shortcut is following:
    ESC > UP UP > ENTER > Left or right 3 times > ENTER

Hopefully this way you may experience less disconnects during runs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    @Kimberly@Kimberly maybe you should add that this mostly happens to users of Nvidia graphics rather than AMD/Intel. :)

If you're not sure as to which one your computer is using, type "dxdiag" in the search bar of your start menu (on Windows). Then click on Display (1) and look at the name or chiptype to find out.

3. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    7:16 AM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    Or right click desktop and check if it has Nvidia control panel or AMD catalyst.

4. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I never used nvidia so I didn't know it has a specific control panel. o: That works, too, then. :p

5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    my laptop has both invidia and intel graphics. are you saying i should zak using my i7 graphics instead of my gtx670m graphics?

6. Loki

Loki Slime

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    New Zealand
    2:16 AM
    Precision
    Bowman
    GUCCI
    I wouldn't do this tbh.

Native graphics are rubbish.

7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Nvidia works, just refresh your GFX settings when needed and you're fine.