1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowman Adding/Not Adding STR Question

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by ColouredNote, Feb 26, 2019.

1. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    6:21 PM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Good day, everyone.

So I'm HP washing and at Lv74 I have 70 base INT (113 with equips).

I was wondering if I should start adding STR so I can use the Lv100 bow when i get to that level, or if I should stick with my Kandiva until Lv120 where I reset my AP into STR.

Was thinking getting the lv100 or so bow would be better for me in damage, though I remember the Maple Bows give Fast attack speed while others only give normal (wouldn't matter with Hurricane but would with Strafe).

Should I start adding STR so I can equip the Lv100 bow when I get to that level? Or should I stay STRless until Lv120 where I reset all my INT AP into STR?

Thank you.

2. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    10:21 AM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Hey!

Most archers typically go from STRless > low STR, because towards end game weapon attack on your bow scales better for damage than no STR. Ideally, you'll want to cap your STR around 50-60 (or lower, depending on how funded you are) and supplement enough to wear your level 100. Most people aim for enough to wear the level 115 bow though, which requires 115 STR.

Around level 100 is when it starts to get more difficult to level, however, so you could start upping your STR anyway to get more damage out of a new bow to make it easier to kill things, and thus easier to level.

So tldr; yes, start pumping points into STR soon.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. telemachus

telemachus Horny Mushroom

Feb 4, 2019
    null
    10:21 AM
    null
    Beginner
    null
    i'd say start adding STR but then again maybe i'm biased, being a bit of a fan of high-STR builds myself so that when someone really boils your broccoli you can put down the bow and give 'em the ol' one-two, gnome sayin'?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Interesting responses my friends. Thank you indeed. Think I shall start adding STR, at least 1 point per level, or just save it all up and add then.

5. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I'm new to bows, so i just added 50 STR from the start right after I finished adding 120 INT.
    I like doing it asap because then I don't have to think about it any more :)
    You need STR to equip endgame weapon so I guess str is mandatory ahah

6. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    1:21 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    As a bowmaster your goal is to get 115 STR through as many equipments as possible. This is achieved through a pendant, STR scrolled overall, a scar/zak helm, and maybe shoes too.

In other words, add as little str as possible when leveling up and rely on STR equips to wear lvl 110 bows. This is to get as many extra stats as possible when using maple warrior