1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High Brawler - Optimal HP wash method not possible for Pirates.

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Igni, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    2:13 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Description of the bug: Using AP Reset scroll to reset MP into HP does not give the expected amount of HP. The scroll did not factor Brawler's Improve MaxHP skill therefore giving me missing out on 20 HP. Not only did the AP reset fail to implement the bonus from my skill, it only provided 18 instead of a static 20 which is what I believe is supposed to happen. EDIT: Was wrong here.

Before:
    Maple0307.jpg

After:
    Maple0308.jpg

What is supposed to happen?: This HP Wash method is supposed to either:
    A: Give a static 38 HP per reset or
    B: Give 38 average HP with a random amount between 36-40 (might not be A or B, I'm theory-crafting with what I know so far).
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I was in Korean Folk Town.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug:
    1. After leveling, use 1 level up AP into HP (will provide 36-40 HP I believe)
    2. Assuming you got enough spare MP, use 1 AP Reset scroll to reset MP into HP.
    Extra information:
    NOTE: This assumes that nothing been changed since last month.

I've made a post in character issues and staff responded over 3 weeks ago, they should be somewhat aware that something's not right.

Gunslingers should be getting a static 20 HP when using an AP reset scroll to reset MP into HP. I'm able to confirm this in another server (MapleRoyals) but do not own a Gunslinger here to test if it's working as intended. Slingers may only get 16-20 in MapleLegends using either method, though not 100% positive.

Assuming that Brawlers behaves similarly, they should be getting 38 HP average per wash using AP reset method when their Improve MaxHP skill is level 10. I've gotten 18, which means HP Increase Skill is not working as intended.

Pirates are unintentionally nerfed due to this bug and this is why I consider this bug to be of high priority.

EDIT: My best theory so far is that Pirate's HP washing method differs between Legends and Royals, and that Legends correctly imitates old school GMS whilst Royals has their values changed. I am not sure why their server is different, as they aren't too open about this topic.

FINAL EDIT: Most likely a carry-over bug that was present in old GMS which has been brought over to ML, so it is up to MapleLegends staff to decide whether or not to change it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    4:13 PM
    Beginner
    Your absolutely correct. It is supposed to be a static amount (20) plus the benefit from the skill "Improve MaxHP".
    If this skill is maxed, then it's 20+20=40.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
  4. DivineArrow

DivineArrow Horny Mushroom

Aug 3, 2017
    Israel
    5:13 PM
    DivineArrow
    Bowmaster
    Essence
    Thats why u use fresh ap and not reset from mp to hp.
    Save fresh ap and put in hp then reset mp to STR or whatever.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    11:13 PM
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Think you're washing the wrong way. You're suppose to use the 5 AP that you level with to add into HP. Then wash down your MP back into your desired stats. At least you found out when you are level 55. Not alot of AP resets wasted.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Hi guys, due to the bug atm it's what you guys think would be the correct way. I thought the same way until I found out that it's supposed to be a static 40.

If you use the standard fresh AP from level up, it gives 36-40 which is working as intended. Once this bug is fixed, the AP reset method should give a static 40 HP, therefore the optimal method for washing for Pirates.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Back in Maplesea, the optimal method for washing is the one I mentioned. I'm pretty sure everyone that washes isn't doing the optimal method that you mentioned. And as far as I know, doing your 'optimal' method is less efficient throughout the classes, Brawlers are no exception.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    11:13 AM
    It just seems kind of silly that you can add a non fresh AP into HP again gain the max amount from this washing method.
    While every other class requires you to use the fresh stat.
    If I were to choose, i'd only allow the fresh AP stat to give this amount.

9. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    I played GMS way back and we only knew of the Fresh AP from Lvl up method. But as it stands today, the info from what we learned back then is outdated.

Archers and thieves do not gain extra from AP reset method, therefore it's cheaper to use fresh AP.
    Warriors and Pirates gain a bit more HP using AP reset method, for those classes it is better to do AP reset method.

If you actually read the thread properly, you would realize that I am familiar with HP washing with both methods. The guide you linked only shows the fresh AP way, which I'm only gaining 36-40 per wash. Assuming the bug affects all Pirates no Brawler is getting guaranteed 40 HP, and no Gunslinger is getting guaranteed 20 HP using AP reset method. The Fresh AP from lvl up method is working as intended and it's not a bug, but you will lose a bit of HP compared to AP reset method assuming that it's not bugged. If you think I'm wrong on anything feel free to correct me, provided you have numbers and evidence supporting it.

It's how the game work as far as I know, and as mentioned earlier, Warriors and Pirates should do the AP reset method. If there is to be a change, then make the HP gain the same with both methods.

EDITED for clarity.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  11. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
  12. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    So you're saying the info from the Original Maple is outdated from a V0.62 Private Server? That logic is kinda weird isn't it? Since you are already familiar with the old wash. Just do that then.

13. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    No, what I'm saying that back then everyone only knew of the Fresh AP from level up method, which is many years ago.
    I would continue to do the standard way only if it guarantees 40 HP, but as it stands it's 38 average, which is a nerf from 40 from the AP reset method. :/

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It seems kind of silly we even have HP washing considering it was a bug in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    11:13 AM
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    I am a warrior and I HP wash using the fresh ap points into hp...

16. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    You lose only a tiny bit of HP on average (0.5) so it's fine to do that way.

Pirates lose 2 avg (18 vs 20, 38 vs 40), and uses 16 MP per wash, so it really matters for them.

17. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Just checked with a friend. You gain 50 to 54 HP if you wash fresh AP as a Warrior. While you gain 50 HP if you do the AP reset method. So I think your point on Warriors and Pirates washing the AP reset way is invalid.

18. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Anyway regarding the AP reset only giving you 18HP. You need check with admin on this issue.
    I've done MP washing on my Bishop for 55 APs. And everytime I did so it indicates an increase in 17MP but in fact after using the AP reset I gain more than 50MP everytime.
    I suspect it's suppose to be a visual error similar to the MP washing case and you'll end up adding 36HP rather than 18 if you actually use the AP Wash method but its not being placed. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  19. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:13 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I don't have any ss but yeah this bug occurs on slingers as well. ApplePieApplePie and I can both attest to this.

The correct way of washing for Pirates is using stale AP. It's always been that way for static maximum gain from the range. I can see why people might think fresh AP is the only way to go since that's how you're supposed to wash thieves and bowmen, but pirates and I think warriors(?) are supposed to use stale AP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    I just clarified that Warriors do not use Stale AP. Using Stale AP adds a fix HP of 50. While doing Level wash gives you 50 to 54 HP. So if your claim is true it only applies to Pirates.