1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back original Cash prices.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Stas., Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    8:09 AM
    The new CS prices has been custom changed and people didnt notice
    For example vip rock cost around 900 , and here its cost 1.8k nx
    And i just missed orbis ship because first the ship have ridiculous setup time making 30min trip
    And secend i was sure VIP rock cost less then 1k like other servers and GMS and i found its been made 1.8k..

So please it should be GMS-like CS as well not just gameplay , i get the donor items sale
    But to change the CS prices for a simple items its kinda wrong .
    U cant change the gameplay by make other CS prices and make the server harder then the real gms was.
    On GMS there was people that had 2m nx , here u cant get it everyone is the same
    So there is no way for 1vote u can get only 2vip rocks
    I Spend half of my time by moving from town to town , so i agree on GMS trans system
    but if person want to use vip he should be able to , even when it cost 900 a person can use it 5 times for 24h , there wont be over use in any kind
    People that paid $$ for nx on GMS-like its cool , but many bought nx for mesos a thing we got no option to do so .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    10:09 PM
    NSFW
    Nothing about this is ridiculous. This has all been discussed in-depth in the past and has been changed with all the factors in mind. The price of teleport rocks was changed because in gMS, NX cost money. To make the teleport rocks incredibly accessible greatly takes away the feel of a gMS-like server.

If you missed the boat you should have timed it better.

3. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    On GMS there was people that had 2m nx , here u cant get it everyone is the same
    So there is no way for 1vote u can get only 2vip rocks
    I Spend half of my time by moving from town to town , so i agree on GMS trans system
    but if person want to use vip he should be able to , even when it cost 900 a person can use it 5 times for 24h , there wont be over use in any kind

4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    except you're not spending half the time moving from town to town. With return scrolls and proper timing you shouldn't need to spend much time at all transporting. These items were made more expensive with the idea in mind of less accessibility. It isn't gMS-like having everybody and their grandmother teleporting from town to town without a second thought.

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    1:09 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I agree with the GMS-like. Not sure what happened to change that plan, or why we would want to make certain things harder or more expensive, but... I mean, I just read the server description.

If this were GMS, and I purchased myself 5k of NX per day, even though it would be more like 10k per day, I would like to spend it how I please and not see prices go up.

6. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Dude its part of the damn game , we can not take actions like thoes and still call it GMS-like

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    yeah we can

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Thats ur opinion . GMS-Like should have the main aspects untouched . because if we change vip rocks why dont we change AP's for 6.2 insted 3.1 ?
    And the list is wide

9. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    Just think about it this way. If you really want it to be GMS-like then would it be fair to remove voting from NX and turn it into a purchase instead? Like you have said, everyone is on an equal board where all can vote and receive the same amount of NX. I understand you got places to be at but you're going to have to take the long trip like everyone does.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Neckson got $$ for nx , server got Rank on gtop and awereness from others for Nx
    Its always both side win .

11. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    2:09 AM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    This was done in order to create a better balance within the cash shop. Since we no longer pay real money for cash items, certain prices need to be reworked, or else items would be too powerful for what they now cost, i.e. nothing. If we wanted the cash shop to be more like GMS, then we'd be asking to pay real money again. If you think the price should be lowered, that's alright, but to ask for it because the new price is losing touch with GMS is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  12. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    LF< No Voting for NX, instead it's completely GMS-like where you have to buy Legend Cash Cards at your local stores, or can use PayPal, like Global Maplestory used to.

GMS-like or die.

Kim, you better start talking to GameStop, Target, Walmat, and other stores to get Legends Cash Cards on the shelves.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    ...ridiculous?

• Like Like x 1
  14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    this is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! WHY CANT I REACH LEVEL 70 IN A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if people want to be spoonfed they should be playing a high-rate

15. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    2:09 AM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    That was hyperbole. I doubt Kim was referring to Neckson's money making schemes.

16. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Asking for GMS-like prices =/= wanting spoonfeeding.
    Asking for GMS-like prices =/= level 70 in a day... pay attention
    Cool? Stay on topic?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I say bring on the challenge, higher prices means we all have to manage our NX better. Besides is it honestly that big of a deal you have to spend a little extra time traveling? There are methods to cut the time down as is. Traveling is a part of the experience, something GMS forgot a long time ago.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:09 AM
    Moderator Post
    The prices were changed to balance between voting > real life money like other say. MapleLegends was made to bring back the nostalgic exploring and gameplay, so after big discussing during beta, it was decided this is the best way to solve it. Teleport rocks are broken in Private Servers because of how cheap they are. They are still available now, for free, just more expensive.

We have no plans to change this. To be quite frank I was close to change Safety Charms too for the same reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    1:09 PM
    ^ What he said.

I feel that telerocks were made cheap in GMS because people paid actual money for them. If they were more expensive, it would be a waste to spend $10 just to zip around maps a couple of times, the money could be used to gach for some nice items instead of some convenience, so the low price on rocks are to make them a viable alternative for you to spend your money on since you get more convenience than if the prices were higher.

But in legends NX is free, and my experience from other servers is that people are more than willing to spend NX on tele-rocks as and when they liked, so the mindset is different now.

Why only telerocks are changed and not others, I would say because telerocks is a faster way to do something you can do without NX (which is walking to your destination). Other stuff like AP Resets or Gach tickets are pretty much NX-exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.