1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bucc] Make Snatch usable while jumping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anon, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    1:38 PM
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Alright, hear me out for this niche, low impact change.

Snatch is a niche skill that I've been trying to make use of. However, the main downside of it as is that I'm finding is the inability to cast it while mid-air.

If this change was accepted, Snatch would provide more utility as there it would be more maneurvable which ties well with it's short cast time.

A good example of where this'd be particularly useful (the reason that got me thinking about it) is trying it hit swimming (and flying to a lesser extent) mobs, as Dragon Strike also cannot be cast while jumping (however, I feel in this case it makes sense due to the animation). Outside of Snatch and Dragon Strike, the rest of a Buccaneers 'mobbing' kit is extreemely short ranged and makes farming cards somewhat tedious.

Again, I realise this is a niche request, but I'm hoping I've made some sense.

Happy to talk it out below.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    1:38 AM
    iPippy
    Snatch is honestly a great grinding skill; the only "change" I'd suggest would be a better vertical or horizontal reach. You can always jump attack with ds, but ds also has huge reach I only need to jump cast to reposition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    1:38 PM
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Yeah, I think Dragon Strike is totally fine. But you can't cast it while swimming which is my underlying issue.
    And I don't really think Snatch's hitbox really needs to be changed, it's not Dragon Strike level, but it's damn good.

I know I've brought up casting while swimming twice now even though it's not that common, but jump Snatch just be a nice QoL change in my mind.
    For example, you could pull mobs towards you from one side. Then turn, pull and jump to the other side (potentially through the mobs). Turn around again and all of a sudden you have two Snatch worth of reach's mobs to spam Snatch at.