1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucc vs dk vs hero

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Alonp600, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    4:47 PM
    Beginner, Camper
    Hi guys.
    So i want a new class. So the options is dk buccand hero.
    Which one should i pick? Can you say your opinion which one is better? What is the advantages and disadvantages?
    Ty

2. Ting

Ting King Slime

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    3:47 PM
    Pillarist
    Shadower
    Simplex
    Buccaneer is proberly the hardest to fund, might need some washing, but never had any experience with Buccaneers that washed.
    Was myself #17 Bucc of GMS and have some youtube vids in case you wanna see how they combo etc.
    Its a little dated so the dragonstrike etc will be a little bit faster in here if I remember correctly.

I made a Shadower myself to play here, but since I had no bishop to fund it was fairly hard to gain a decent DPM.
    So I decided to make a DK which I am washing.
    Its currently level 75 and has 12,000 HP with HB. Survivability wise, this is nothing like a shadower or buccaneer.
    Buccs have decent HP but without 24/7 HB its still not that much.

I've only played a hero until like 134 and I did not like it as much as a DK, so to prevent biased stuff I won't be commenting on that.
    I've heard both of the DK and hero classes will have a lot of bossing capabilities.

Get that bucc started already :D

*Those vids are from original Maplestory, not from Maplelegends*

3. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    10:47 AM
    Better depends on what you are comparing, and what you want.
    So what do you look for in a character?
    Party Buffs?
    Solo Damage?
    Cool Animations?
    Low population?

4. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    Why bucc is the hardest to fund? And why you like more the dk over the hero?

Im looking for a fun character with good solo dmg and not boring( not useing only 1 skill, a character who got few skills that he use)

5. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    First off bucc is harder to fund mainly because of the HP washing requires you to have 16 MP instead of 4 MP for warriors.
    Buccs also generally have a lower pool of HP than Heroes/DrKs.

Both Heroes and DrK's use 1 skill for the rest of their life after 4th job. (Brandish/Crusher)
    Buccs have the duality similar to Shadowers to switch up their skills (All primarily useful in its own right).
    I would personally rate the 3 classes like this:

Unique: Bucc>Hero>DrK
    Damage: Hero>DrK>Bucc
    HP: DrK>Hero>Bucc
    Party Buffs: DrK>Bucc>Hero

Buccs aren't that popular, but most warriors are always looking for Bucc mains to party with at bosses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    2:47 PM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    I was going to say something but my man summed it up perfectly c:

Also, Buccs are hard to fund because there's no good Pirate gear around, and you have to make it all yoruself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ting

Ting King Slime

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    3:47 PM
    Pillarist
    Shadower
    Simplex
    Well, Mainly because for my experience its basically an upgraded Powerstrike that Hero gets at 4th job(brandish), they get buffs that make it rly strong but overall, I enjoy the fact people need me over a hero if theres no DK available at the time, HB is a must in most boss fights. There are lots of Dk's around so its not like everyone asks me to join them on a daily base. Its just that I really like having HB 24/7, being able to have a lot of HP at early level.
    I'm at level 75 and have 12,000 HP with HB, but I have been washing a bit. It's basically a personal view, I think you should try both and see which you like more, if you are not sure which one to go for.
    Maybe on a higher rate server where you can basically test some stuff before going for it for real on here.

8. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    9:47 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    yup, agree with what LyffLyff just said about making buccs. I would also like to add with the fact that some sellers have started price gouging on knuckler 30s from 1.5 mil to whopping 5 million per scroll.
    60s and 70s are really easy to find tho.

9. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    Ty guys i think i will try dk and hero in high exp server and will decide

10. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    feelsbad

11. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    What feelsbad?
    And one more question guys.. How much hero is stronger than dk with zerk 30?

12. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    Has never seen claw 30's at 20m each.

13. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    NLs in 2018 xd

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. djinnmy

djinnmy Red Snail

Jun 2, 2017
    Spearman
    I think Heroes still do more than Drk with Zerk 30 but not by a huge margin, and also ofc depends on the type of gear you own.

15. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    heros gear is cheaper? Im not really rich so i can get for now like decent gear...
    And can i count hero and dk the same on mobbing skills? As i know they both use rush and 1 more skill at mobing and bosses so in this case they are almost the same right?

16. djinnmy

djinnmy Red Snail

Jun 2, 2017
    Spearman
    Heroes are cheaper imo because Zerk 30 is quite expensive whereas Brandish 30 is pretty easy to get. Gear is pretty much the same for all warriors except for the weapons where both are equally expensive. As for mobbing, at 3rd job as a Drk you already get the main attacking skill which is Spear Crusher that can mob up to 3 monsters. For Heroes, you're gonna have to wait til 4th and unlock Brandish 30 to be able to mob up to 3 monsters.

Here's a super outdated dps chart if you're interested
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dps-chart.2685/

17. OP
    OP
    Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    Ty!!