1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Flairgrave Dagger

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Crayo, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    2:47 PM
    For most levels, bandits have two options of daggers to use, a dex dagger and a str dagger. In almost every case, the str dagger is a slight bit stronger, with the trade off being that it requires str to equip. But for the the Speargrave dagger (which requires no str) and the Flairgrave dagger (which requires 75 str) this is not the case--their stats are equal. I always thought this was kind of weird, but was maybe done for balancing reasons, so I ignored it.

But now with the release of reverse weapons this kind of stands out, because while the Reverse Killic (which requires no str) has an equal average att to the Speargrave dagger (103 vs 103), the Reverse Pescas (which requires 75 str) has 2 higher average att than the Flairgrave dagger (105 vs 103).

When considering leveling, a max stats clean Killic will on average end up with 108 att and 3 luk, which is not as good as a max stats clean Speagrave dagger at 108 att and 9 luk. So a Killic will require greater than average level ups in order to surpass it's counterpart NT dagger. This isn't the case for a Pescas though, which with max stats clean, and having been leveled up, will on average end with 110 att and 3 luk, a clear upgrade to the Flairgrave dagger's 108 att and 9 luk, and with plenty of room to be even better.

I have no idea if this inconsistent power gap between these two sets of daggers was intended by the balance teams, but it feels very out of place to me considering the staff's stated intentions to keep NT weapons as a viable option even with Reverse Weapons being around. I don't think the Reverse Pescas needs to nerfed to be equal to the Killic or anything, I think it'd make most sense to just increase the Flairgrave dagger's average base att by 2, to be in line with the difference between the Killic and the Pescas, and most str daggers compared to their dex counterpart at the same level.

TL;DR: Increase Flairgrave Dagger's average att from 103 to 105, changing it's potential clean damage range from 98~108 to 100~110, and making the difference between the NT str and dex daggers consistent with difference between the Reverse str and dex daggers.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    11:47 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    idk would be a weird buff since NT weapons aren't 5 attack higher than their dragon counterparts, they're usually only like 3 attack higher since they're not supposed to hard outclass dragon weapons. I guess the problem is that the luck dagger has too much attack, but it doesn't really matter since any shadower that isn't trolling will have str anyways since dragon khanjar is fukin busted

• Agree Agree x 2