1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff the Bandit Skill Steal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Qwyl, Jun 6, 2017.

1. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:10 AM
    Crusader
    May I clarify if you wish to see the skil fixed such that you can actually steal things, or if you want it changed into a mobbing skill?

2. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    4:10 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    answer :
    even at max level, it does not steal anything

3. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    If it's going to involve balancing issues as opposed to being only a bug fix then methinks it's not a good idea and bandits are already pretty balanced to begin with.

4. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    10:10 PM
    I'm not very familiar with the skill, but I tested it out on a local server using legends' source. I made Lucky Charm the only drop for this Skeledog.
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing steal isn't supposed to take mesos, but that's mostly what's happening, especially when the droprate is lower. Since you can only steal one "item" per mob, once it's taken mesos, it won't steal anything else. If it's not supposed to take mesos then the fix is to simply block it from taking mesos. Hopefully someone can confirm if this is the case.

EDIT:
    After googling I found out it is supposed to be able to take mesos as well as items. So, I'm pretty sure the skill works as it is supposed to work.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Actually agree on this. The dmg dont need a buff (The skill isnt meant for that) But atleast give the skill a small chance to steal "Whatever" item from the boss or mob. (Better items from bosses obv)

And yeah... the skill taking mesos is BS

• Like Like x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Fuck yeah! Bring shadowers to ht and just steal until they get an mw!

7. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Now ur just beeing overdramatic. Obviously there would be balances put in place for the skill. Also remember u can only do it once per mob/boss. For bosses like HT for example you make the skill only work on the last part. and MW should ofc have a very low drop rate.

8. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I understand yall's problem with this skill because it is useless. But you have to remember that every class has useless skills, or skills that have such low utility it's virtually never used at all.

Why do yall want steal to do more so badly? Just kill the mob and get the drop LMAO like please

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:10 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    BUT HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO LIVE THRU MY ROLEPLAY FANTASY OF STEALING LIKE A BANDIT AND GOING SKRRRAAAA (that's the sfx for savage blow btw) xD

• Like Like x 1
  10. likey

likey Timer

Jan 12, 2018
    Latch
    Bowmaster
    Perion
    I do understand where he's coming from though. Some people don't play this game to reach end-game content. People play to have fun as well, actually explore the places in Maple, and actually grind using different skills. I don't blame him for wanting it to be fixed.

11. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I'm not sure where the end-game content comment came from but I wasn't thinking about any of that, like I played my shadower the entire way through too lol. I just mean what I said, that every class has useless skills. And bandit is also a class that continues to use a wide variety of skills forever

This skill already works as it's supposed to. And this might be more of a semantic of the word thing but the OP is asking for it to be changed to a later version of the skill, not "fixed." Steal might not have utility in terms of taking items from mobs, but it can be used as a finishing move if a mob's HP is just above your 1-hit threshold because it casts very quickly.

12. likey

likey Timer

Jan 12, 2018
    Latch
    Bowmaster
    Perion
    Haha sorry, I'm just saying that people play this game just for the lols and fun, not seriously like a lot of the older players here. Sorry if I sounded off. :) I just understand where he's coming from. Most of the older players have mages to leech themselves so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter to them.

I guess from my point of view is that make it a viable skill somehow so that players can utilize the skill and give it a reason to use your SP on it. I think the reason why I agree with him is because I have a bandit that I'm just using to quest and having a skill that doesn't perform well is frustrating, especially since Bandits don't have any mobbing skills. But then again, I've never main-ed a bandit so I'm not in the place to say anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    steal skill should be able to affect players. random chance steal players gear when they afk

14. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Yes for a reason, the skill was changed in a later stage of the game cuz other classes really started to shine when it came to farming mesos (Bishop anyone?). Also in normal maple a new expansion would be released every other year or so (sometimes more often). And while i do play legends for a reason (Old maple is better), ppl didnt sell leech in the same way they do now. and scroll prices are rediculous on legends atm since the server has been the same version for many years. Also while there is nothing wrong with that, it does create an effect where everyone has a bishop and a couple of lvl 180+. This "Steal" skill for me should be changed to something useful for bandits just as a small form of help to make them able to farm a little bit better themselfes.... Cuz lets be honest: If ur not a mage/warrior u dont farm, instead you spend an immense amount of mesos/NX trying to HP wash JUST so u can survive HT (And maybe PB in the future)

Also there are things in legends that shouldnt even exist in this version at all. Shaolin temple for example with its rediculous EXP. So the argument "He wants to change it into a later version of the game" is really not valid since legends is already half and half BB

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:10 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Actually Shaolin was released pre-BB in CMS. It was released around 2007, which is roughly around the time of v62. Same for Neo Tokyo, it was released around 2008 pre-BB in JMS.

Though if you're specifying the exp rate changes, it was because the original exp was pretty trash xD the HP/EXP ratio was worse than skeles, and it wasn't weak to any element with 3x the HP.

16. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    1:10 PM
    zzz
    Thief
    every class has useless skills, ya.
    added this for the lul and the range is literally the same as a normal attack. what is the shadow even doing?
    the only thing this skill steals is sp f3
    (maybe increase the atk range a bit?)

17. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    1:10 PM
    Thats not he reason why people left the server, I'm pretty sure.

I think hes just being salty because "Being unlucky isn't a bug"

Mesos count as something, plus the ability shouldn't be maxed anyways. Should stay as 9 or so.

Pick Pocket! *cough!* whoa.. sorry, no corona. I Pwomise~

I think hes just being salty because "Being unlucky isn't a bug"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfaSKIVTis

SKRRRAAAA.. *drop drop drop*

Bandits level 30 to level 69(70) only have Steal until Chief Bandit which then they get a skill called "Band of Thieves" or BoT for short, then when they get to level 120 they get a skill called "Boomerang Step" or B Step for short. The next skill that they get that mobs is "Ninja Ambush" which.. its pretty bad not gonna lie.. better off using BoT and B Step.

He no so lucky, also Steal isn't really used unless you wanna use it as a meme.. Maxed at 9 then move on.
    Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 1.52.03 AM.png

Well, Priest abilities are clunky unless on a rope, ladder, pipe, vine, hair?, branch.. if you use HS/Shining Ray for example you get hit 3 times before HS/Shining Ray is completely used so you can't use heal and die and thats after the invincibility frames go away..

18. Kohi

Kohi Mano

Feb 2, 2020
    Bandit
    sticking to the point of the skill would be best! what if, when maxed, it guaranteed a steal but did like 10% dmg and a stun that last longer the higher level it is, and a slow grow of how many monster sit hits, that way it can hit multiple, not be mobbing, and it's like you're quickly snatching all their goodies after bopping their heads! That way maybe it'd be multipurpose!
    or even don't do dmg, just having the snatch would be fine, That's the point after all ^O^