1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Buged range or hidden feature?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by KurayamiLove, Mar 23, 2019.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    7:54 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): The range on basket displays on my DK like this:
    range.PNG
    So my minmum damage being 4919 the least I can do with Crusher + Zerk should be 4919x170%x2= 16724
    But after a lot of hits and rolls I have seen that the least damage I can do is 26.7k or so (Max damage is accurate knowing that I may lose a bit of damage due to defense).
    I have asked other friends and seems that is inaccurate on me only as a DK so I have been thinking that either the range display is wrong on DK all together or is Beholder extra mastery that isn't showing up on the range.
    What is supposed to happen?: Display the correct range
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Checking my damage and my range
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:54 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Are you sure this "bug" happens only when you are using the basket?

Because I have a theory: your minimum damage is based on your spear swinging animation, which is very sub-optimal compared to when you are stabbing. And crusher? It's always a stabbing motion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I am not sure, this bug or what ever it is, is always there my minimum range is always very low no matter if I use a por or not. I know how the stabing swing works but I asked the range to a paladín friend and he had a good range in terms of making sense and as far as I know bw also have different damages depending on animations. Thats why Im asking if is beholder extra mastery not disolaying or maybe is something else

4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    W8 I thinked about it and you may be rigth, after some calculations that very low range fits with the swing animations, also I just rmb paladins blast has a random animation like power strike so I would have to as a hero or a sword paladín. But what you said makes sense, thanks!

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    10:54 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Spearmen are odd ones with their ranges. From that damage I suppose your Dragon Fury(That 6 target swing) with a spear deals 24,595 minimum before defense and all that. It calculates the minimum based off of the swing with a spear and the maximum is based off of the stab with a spear. So it makes the range seem super wide even though it's not. For the actual minimum for stabbing with a spear you have to undo the .8x multiplier and add on the 1.2x multiplier for the spear stab. So it's 4919 / .8 x 1.2 x 1.7 x 2 = 25087. That's still kind of off though since you say the smallest you see is 26.7k. Maybe it doesn't show the full mastery? Based off of the max damage, 11,147 with 80% mastery would put the minimum damage at 8,918 for stabbing. But the minimum shown; 4919 x 1.5(for spear stab rather than spear swing) it gives a value of 7378 minimum damage. 8,918 x 1.7 x 2 = 30321 though. That's not right either. Nothing is right. I'm pretty sure something is broken, I just have no idea what or how. Probably an issue with some spaghetti code nobody understands anymore and would be far too much effort to fix.

Monster Magnet and Rush deal completely random amounts of damage. The animations don't really show it, but they decide whether to swing or stab randomly. Those attacks are actually reflective of your range, just like Power Strike/Slash Blast.

Also you have a really nice range, gj. MapleF2

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    10:54 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Using beholder buff (20minute duration) , when you press hyper body, beholder gets randomly removed, and you have to rebuff it manually. this has been happening since the new buff overrides issues.

7. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The HB is not happening to me, just when Im full hp aura of the beholder heals me from 30k to my max hp without hb. Im not sure how all is coded o.o

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    All makes sense to me if I make numbers. Spear stab has a multiplier of 5 and a swing of 3 (the oposite for Polearm) What I was missing is the fact that the range take into account both ranges making the range bigger than it actually is if you foce animatios with skills. Now what im not sure if beholders mastery is aditive (60+20) or multiplicative what im sure my minimum damage is 72% or so my max damage (I didnt calculated the mastery on the formula but I may as well do) Noting is broken so this is not a bug as far as I know. the hex of the beholder bug and somehow eiji losing hb cos of hex is weird tho

9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I just did numbers, Beholder mastery works and is additive 60+20= 80% mastery is not just that the minimum damage times the mastery, it has a place on the range formula. So we need to put this as not a bug and adress in another post the HB issue and the aura too. All this seems weird from my perspective since I also have maxed all the beholder stuff and get different resuls