1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Zakum for Mages

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by dsren, Jun 7, 2020.

1. dsren

dsren Blue Snail

Apr 23, 2020
    Female
    8:14 AM
    dderp
    Magician
    I read somewhere that normally buyers need 2.9k health to survive a Zakum run, but how much health is needed for a mage with magic guard?

2. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    11:14 AM
    Xydan
    No requirement. You just walk in with magic guard up. But make sure to buy plenty elixirs since Zak does 1/1 constantly as it's dying.

3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    5:14 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Ginger ales would be best for most mages

4. OP
    OP
    dsren

dsren Blue Snail

Apr 23, 2020
    Female
    8:14 AM
    dderp
    Magician
    Thanks for the advice! Time to get my first zhelm f2

5. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    sarymage
    Bishop
    The event cotton candy is a very cost effective healing item. Dirt cheap right now because there are so many in the wild. Also, Zakum's lightning ability I believe also locks your abilities, so you need to be very aggressive in refreshing MG. (you can keep your eyes glued on your HP/MP and pay attention to MG's mana cost to ensure it worked)

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Zak wont dispel the MG, so you just have to use it at some point every 10 mins

7. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    sarymage
    Bishop
    What gets people though (and got my fellow buyer when my mage ran it) is that they think they cast MG, only to have done so while spell locked. Eventually it expires and they die not realizing they were silenced.

I've gone a whole 2 minutes straight in that fight unable to cast MG...depends on how spammy Zak is with the lightning. I guess ACP also fixes it? But most buyers wouldn't think about it...

8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Agree, it was just phrased in a way that made it sound like spamming my the entire run