1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved C++ Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by nanop33, Apr 4, 2019.

1. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    7:13 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    upload_2019-4-3_20-57-12.png

I have no idea how to reproduce this, it comes and goes. Every time it comes up, waiting 5 minutes and performing another action (e.g. opening/closing a browser window) usually allows the client to be opened again normally. Sometimes a full reboot is required.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    10:13 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Maybe you re having intime network issues, I recall that message pops up when no network connection is detected.

3. telemachus

telemachus Horny Mushroom

Feb 4, 2019
    null
    6:13 PM
    null
    Beginner
    null
    unfortunately this is a pretty generic error message from the MSVC++RT that basically just indicates that it trapped on some operation that the program did, similar to when the kernel sends a SIGSEGV (or SIGILL, or...) to a process. i kept getting it and fixed it by installing mono (since im running the game through wine), but AlthariisaAlthariisa is probably at least almost right in that youre likely having some transient finnicky problem like a shaky internet connection

it may be worth making sure that you have the right versions of the MSVC++RT and the .NET framework installed (not sure what versions those would be, i'm sure someone who knows more about the client binary can say). i think on windows there's a program (3rd party or not i dont know) called Dependency Walker that will walk a binary and figure out exactly what libraries it's trying to link at runtime. then again it may have nothing to do with that stuff

• Agree Agree x 1