1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we fix Ghost Ship afkish grind via a different method?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chris, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    10:41 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I've done 3 levels at ghost ship recently, with this being my first experience there post changes and its been kind of a pain in the ass to be here.

The increased hit box means there is no longer a safe spot on the stairs or rope, which is my main gripe & would very much like to be able to afk on the rope without the risk of death.

My issues so far:
    1. I get up to pee like every 15 mins or to just step away in general. If I want to stay in the map I have to make sure none of the mobs have been damaged so they don't start hitting me when I walk away. If I want to leave the map via FM I still have to make sure none of the mobs are damaged so they don't start hitting me when I try to click the button.

2. Managing buff mules. Since making my new char I've been offered 3 party requests to utilize a HS mule that toggles in and out of the party. Now that I'm at Ghost Ship I'd be less inclined to party with someone as their actions now affect whether I can successfully step away within the map/manage a buff mule without getting hit. Since I'm a bandit I manage my buff mule by just staying on the other side the map making sure no magic attacks are done near the mule (since I don't mob/clear the map), which wouldn't work if I want to add someone to my party to utilize the other side of the map. If I want to quickly type something outside of maple whether its discord/youtube/google I have to make sure I don't get knocked back near my mule as well.

3. Managing map owner. If you want to step away for a minute you can't do so without the risk of someone else killing you (whether it be accidental or griefing) or messing up yourself and having a mob at less than 100% hp when walking away. This might be easier to manage if you're partying with another player, but you still have all the above issues to worry about.

4. How impactful is this change? Majority of stair farm is done by clerics, which can still just hold a button anywhere in the map, retain low pot consumption by not using magic guard, & and just throw in a few teleports/utilize the map teleport or pt with someone to take the top/bottom. I imagine 3rd job I/L remains mostly unaffected by these changes. F/P has their poison meta. Rangers/Snipers have Spirit Vikings. Sins/Hunters can still semi afk at the lupin map. Leech sellers 1 hit the map and they should have an easier time managing all the issues I'm having above. At the end the day I feel like the way this change is done impacts everyone far too much to be the solution for the problem its trying to solve.

Alternative Solutions for Anti Stair Grind.
    1. Revert the hit box changes & add something on the stairs, much like the steam/ghost in the haunted mansion, that knocks the player off the stairs.

2. Revert the hit box changes & remove the footholds on the stairs so it just becomes part of the background.

3. Add a rope on the top & hopefully its high enough to avoid the hit box of the mobs.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    7:41 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Changing it to just the stairs would be rather nice.

Then I can jump onto the pipes to ask for party grinds, when I'm grinding at GS.

3. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    My gripe with it was, wasnt this change somehow supposed to hurt the people who leech there? But instead it ended up just hurting the legitimate people trying to train there. As as result I just continue to take my bishop to leech them through the GS2 hell as fast as possible because at least with 1 shotting them then can stay on the stairs if you are in a dungeon or something.

P.S. - And Chris you are training non Islanders now? Thats pretty hype I thought all you did was train Islanders.

4. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It has been pretty annoying buying leech in this place and every now and then being killed by someone coming in the channel and accidentally healing in the map. Idk if it's possible but maybe it could be worth adding a rope on the top right or left where the attacks don't reach. That way people can afk there and also get leeched, but also disables the ability of people just sitting on the ladder and killing mobs for hours on end without getting hit.

Edit: I see you added it as a 3rd suggestion. I would support this one the most.

5. OP
    OP
    Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    This was their explanation for the change, which only mentions the afk aspect & cost aspect as the reasons for the change.

I've never exclusively played Islander although I probably spend the bulk of my time there. :)

6. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Yeah I remember reading their reasoning regarding it, and I guess in that aspect it was more to punish afk clearing healing more so than leeching, but i always felt the only reason GS2 would get really crazy was because of the leeching. Of course that doesnt matter too much anymore with the dungeons which is very nice.

Ah okay, but thats still nifty that you have a "niche" as the Islander expert lol, ill have to try and bump into your Victoria island characters now lol.

7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    10:41 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    never played in the current GS2 before but i guess its similar to current 7F situation? where the stairs is a pseudo safe spot where you can't have any aggro on

i think second solution is kinda bad, will have complains like shaolin stairs again.

the other solutions are good tho, would be nice to see them implement.

• Like Like x 1