1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancel decay.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Jul 8, 2020.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:26 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    What if the duration of consecutive cancels lowered how long they last.
    For example, a Horn Tail head uses weapon cancel, it lasts 40 seconds more or less. Once it's over the next cancel is again another weapon cancel but the time it lats is cut in half, 20 seconds. Now imagine it uses a weapon cancel a third time in a row then the time it lasts is 10 seconds (half of the half) and so on. Once it uses magic cancel the decay resets back to the full time, 40 seconds. This would happen too with magic cancels.
    This is just a random idea I got by playing another game (Pokemon spamming protecting moves) I don't know if this can be implemented or if it's ok to add it, the decay rate can be changed as well to be a bit less. This idea is just to lower the RNG factor of cancels a bit and make them less frustrating when they come one after the other.
    Give me your thoughts, have a good day!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    10:26 AM
    DMsRebirth
    I think the easiest way to "fix" this is to simply make it so that when something is on one type of cancel and tries to cast the other type of cancel (unsuccessfully), it doesn't go on cooldown.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:26 PM
    Agreed. But sometimes it can make for interesting gameplay. With scar sometimes after casting a cancel during b1 and b2 it'll stop attacking and just walk around. Play it right and scar can cast a wep cancel, walk around do nothing, and when you re-engage once the cancel is over it'll cast a magic cancel. Then during its magic cancel it'll recast the wep cancel rendering it under cd for pretty much the entire time until the body dies.

Only applies to the first 2 bodies of scar (not sure if targa is the same) but as far as I'm aware, zak and HT don't have the CD issue.

4. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    9:26 AM
    Who'd think holding down a button was gonna be so difficult.

5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    10:26 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    HT definitely has the CD issue. There are times one of the heads will cast weapon cancel and then cast magic cancel 5 seconds later and you get stuck in a repeating weapon cancel loop. In general it’s not as bad as what I’ve seen in scar though.

6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Plus in ht you've got other stuff to attack, which makes it a bit less painful

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    If anything we all hate cancels, especially when it happens more than once in a row. They just stall the timer and you do nothing at all as you wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:26 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    weapons cancels are cancer. it would be nice if they could replace it with a 5 second damage reflect buff. gameplay will be more engaging and risky, compared to the current alt tabbing for 30s whenever a cancer happens.

9. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    7:26 AM
    cancel offers fun and interactive gameplay

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    A man of culture. I also have enjoy watching paint dry... 100% quality time

11. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:26 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    weapon cancel is a good mechanic becuz it allows for greater bonding among party members. You guys will go through the same torture and spend more quality time together.