1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Castellan Toad - Info & Thoughts

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Piety, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    6:16 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Remember when you wanted a vanilla v62 during beta? Remember our conversations about how shitty classicms was because it deviated from classic v62? What happened?

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:16 AM
    Moderator Post
    Remember how the argument is completely invalid because it already started everyone wanting ToT in 2015? Also, I already added custom maps in MapleLegends beta (Ellin forest, Ulu (unreleased though), and a few more). I have nothing against custom maps. The reason BB is bad is because of the new skills, etc.

I had completely other reasons why I didn't liked ClassicMS (Pay2win donor gach, JonH, and a guild (Shinobi) getting free items from the owner).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    That's fine, but the community never asked for 25+ stat earrings. We never asked for all this extra non-v62 GMS content. Why do you think most of the players from beta and early 2k15 quit? Not to mention the number of times you said you would rather have "quality players" over "quantity". Let's have an honest discussion instead of deleting comments. Nerf toad, and quit changing the direction of the server constantly to appeal to more players. You've completely 180'd your intent of this server. Of all people, I would know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    tbh the argument for a gms-like or a "hardcore" server is long gone, the style of server has long changed and the current makeup of maplelegends (at least the end game section, not inclusive of the casuals/noob islanders/perma beginners) who do end game/mid game content have emphasis on harder washing, mage leech> super high int attackers. i am pretty sure the way forward is to just shape the server to it's current population and style, which is pretty similar to royals.

as ZeretiusZeretius said, scaling the HP req to HT levels would be the ideal balance, but if you really want toad to remain as is then it's not a big deal either tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not going comment about those earrings atm.

Even Twister in ClassicMS said this back then 'People come and go'. Some people left because they can't play MapleStory for 3 years. Some left because Legends was too slow and moved to an easier server (heard/read this one a lot), and some left because of changes. Of course there's people that want hardcore v62, but its not a lot. And no, you can't say 'ToT is part of v62 vanilla' since its not. AND even back then some of you wanted ToT to be added. You can't say 'ToT is fine but x is not'. Custom is custom.

While this is true, when Legends was at 26 users all I had left is few people and a small group spamming the shoutbox that server is dead, etc. I don't call that quality, and in fact I was close to call it the end. I wasn't enjoying much anymore.

Unfortunately opinions can change over the time, and even the current biggest server have this. They were once a custom server and now they get more and more GMS-like with even things like Roar from Dark Knights stunning you for 3 seconds (which is GMS-like actually), no boat skips, no FM button, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    5:16 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    [​IMG]
    Lf>Krexel with XP and drop buff!
    MapleF3

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I never wanted ToT, and idk who else did that still plays. Who honestly goes there now instead of Petris (a non-v62 GMS feature). Even with ToTs addition to GMS, it was always full of hackers/botters. No one seriously trained there unless they couldn't find a skele map. Why don't you return to your original intention of this server? Haven't you noticed the absolute decline of forum posts by players who originally populated this server and cared about its outcome. Even a year ago you thought about wiping the sever because of how thing were going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am not going dig but I know Losj wanted ToT, kept spam each notice about it. I know Marty wanted it, and a couple more. Of course they don't play now, but they are 'old players' and they shared similar opinions as you. A lot if everyone of you was tired of the 15x Skele end game, and either stopped playing or wanted new maps (ToT for one).

That was mostly because the spawn was awful because our spawn system isn't GMS-like.

Because my opinions of 2015 are different from 2018. I explained that in last post already.

'People come and go' Also, when I see 1/2 of the old players spam emotes, spam shoutbox, make hidden jokes based on rumours and other things I am not sure why I am supposed to care over people showing happyness, are actually playing the game, and people actually showing proper feedback.

Even back when you guys wanted Horntail (in 2015/2016) the method was to spam the shoutbox and be as annoying as possible, and that never changed. Its an awful method.

Not going comment about leaks that are done by former staff.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Whatever man, dissect my comments all you want and refute as you please. You've changed, the server's direction has changed, and you wonder why old players are upset about it. I've tolerated it longer than all the old players, but ffs even I have a breaking point. I've honestly kept quiet more than all the beta/early players. It's just overall disappointing how this sever has turned out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Can we please stay on topic?
    We're all very aware of some you guys' dislike for the direction this server ended up taking. This thread isn't for pointing this out/having a spat about it.
    Let's just talk about Toad and The Boss.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Sure, can I speak openly without having my comments deleted? Already tried once.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    i just wish the Gms were more open tbh

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    Im here twiddling my thumbs waiting for a response to this end game content, should i make a new character and wash it? or stick to my bowman which at the time i only washed for horn-tail knowing it was the only end game content.
    Its just very frustrating not knowing what to do, how much of a nerf is toad? how about Neo Tokyo?
    There has only been ONE post about Neo Tokyo and nothing more.
    Why make MORE endgame content when not many people can even enjoy that content.
    Why not release CWKPQ? APQ? things many people can do. idk im just some pleb

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    3:16 PM
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    Idk about you guys, but I hate new content, and i'll do everything i can to make discussions about it toxic

OnionMuhabtw

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:16 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    everything here is news to me, except for "im just some pleb" hehe.

i can agree with this post on a serious matter. as for me my corsair is aiming for 12k hp base clean with 230base int.
    as most people know, i deleted my old corsair (40base int and blood wash from lvl 148-164 and still under 6.5k hp base clean). i deleted him, because i wanted a restart and make him more washed so i can do the "Toad" boss and able to run Horntail and not rely with a dk in my party. tbh, it would suck to now how big the nerf would be on toad, and i "overwashed". i guess more hp is good, but it would be nice to know when to stop adding. the last time i heard about neo tokyo and CWKPQ was around june/july. and neo tokyo would be after Ninja castle.

still patiently waiting, and farming all these resets when events are possible, but knowing recent ap reset farming has been nerfed dramatically, makes washing a char longer. is it rewarding? long run yes, but tbh no one wants to wait over 1 year to play their character. If nerfs to certain bosses were given to us, majority of us wouldnt wash apeshit and actually get to play our chars and do dmg.

i repeat, nobody wants to wash an attacker class, and then find out later they need more hp so decide to make a new char and wash more... you might as well just main a warrior if "having more hp" is an issue.

As for Toad, i would like to agree on lowering the hp requirement to 8.5k-9k Because Toad is still a lvl 180 boss. Horntail is more valuable, but Toad is still 20 levels ahead of Horntail. regardless of drops, its still an OP boss. Gives us a challange still. Toad boss would be rewarding still even if its best drop is a Stonetooth/Chair/Scrolls/Accomplishments. Its more of a goal to be able to kill it, regardless of class/job

With HiyoHiyo "infinte hp washing guide" https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/how-to-wash-to-infinity.17229/ you could easily, get to lvl 160 and casually mp wash into HP and
    1) no dmg reduction from horntail
    2) still play casually with friends
    3) get paid splits from selling books/pendant service
    If you are going to school, just get hella high base int, and just casually vote and infinite wash.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    6:16 AM
    Marksman
    I've already given my 2 cents on how we should approach Toad Boss.

Also regarding Hyuga's post, I agree that there is a huge ranged vs melee class disparity. We owe it to HP washing mechanics that can completely eradicate the only drawback (low HP) on playing a ranged class yet there's nothing a melee class can ever do to compensate for their class weaknesses. Nerfing bosses will further widen this disparity and reduce the diversity on our already shrinking class ecosystem. It's hard to see things from another classes' perspective but we should always try to look at both sides of the coin :)

IDK where this hate from discussing about content update and changes is coming from; but I, and many others, are sincerely happy about these newer content for ML. I see huge effort on the staff's end to try to cater to their existing player based, both new and old players alike. And I feel it is silly to segregate "old" and "new" players, over time, "new" players become "old" players as well. We have to keep things fresh to both attract and maintain players. I appreciate the staff in seeking genuine feedback before releasing content; whilst taking into consideration it's impact on the general ML community. So thank you!

"Change is the only constant"
    a pretty apt quote imo.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I like the new content, it makes the game a bit more active, and certainly more fun to play with more people around, cause I don't want to have another Summer 2016 again.

Some people seem to like saying that people who didn't hp wash enough should just do it more, which I find a stupid argument. Older players didn't know this was gonna happen,(like FrancoFranco said) the race to 200 was more important to hp wash for 10k hp for a boss that may or may not ever show up, why would they expect it, why would you punish people for not getting 10k hp from hp washing, which in my opinion is a stupid design oversight that got out of hand and couldn't go back on. I don't like HP washing one bit, it's Neckson's fault for not balancing the game properly, but since almost every private server has hp washing now, people just accept it. But I don't accept it, I find it stupid to vote for 3 months to get more hp just too survive 1 hit for a boss, i'd rather lvl too 200 to get more hp then to hp wash entirely.
    Why would you punish players for playing the game differently, it doesn't make much sense at all.

More of a rambling and i'm expecting people to disagree, but hey i'm just a player who quit anyway :^)

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    It's because players want to survive even when unbuffed.
    For HT you actually really need 4.8k for Tail/Legs and 3.5k for the rest of HT, but you must retain HB at all times and thus need coordination. No one expects you to reach 10k HP to tank something, similar to how you don't need to HP wash to 12k for bigfoot as you don't intend to tank it as a ranged class.

This boss was never intended for ranged classes, similar to how you would never see melee classes tackling The Boss.
    So based on intention, I don't see what "ranged" classes are missing.
    So I totally agree with HyugaHyuga.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    If they keep the dmg untouched its not worth washing for this content tbh, drops from toad aren't worth the extra 2 year washing time. Stick with HT.

Give it a chance to drop pgc/pac and chaos, then it would be worth. PogChamp

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    First i wanna say that im glad there is space for feedback on new changes.

My opinion:
    no change on toad, no change on the boss

My feedback on the classic melee vs range discussion:
    With no changes on Toad you kinda rule out the range attackers (that are not blood washed) to do the Toad, is that bad? Well there are different reasons to do bosses; exp,drops,challenge,fun.
    - Exp: For exp u can easily find other bosses that will give plenty of exp (anego,samurai,BF)
    - Drops: ST drops also from Black Crow
    - Challenge: U want to kill all the bosses, but u can't kill Toad because you are not blood washed.
    - Fun: New content added, but you can't do it, because you are not blood washed.

In my eyes fairness is hard to achieve, like mrs Hyuga said already ranged users already had the advantage on anego for 2years (exp & drop wise). The difference is the melee heroes are able to do the anego (slowly). Is this unfair?

i think when you pick a job melee vs ranged is also survivability vs damage, melee jobs are able to survive more and ranged jobs are doing more damage (with same fund) on bosses.

The compromise of Toad nerf vs The Boss nerf
    i don't get it, why everyone thinks this is the trade off that's fair. Let's say you wan't to party with like couple NightLords and Bowmaster, they will add you to join for fun or little additional damage. It does not matter if you can attack The Boss or not. Bodyguard A + B have 900m HP and THe Boss has only 150m. With this compromise you are now able to hit the last 150m. This does not seems game changing. People rather have range classes that do more damage. Shadowers are able to hit The boss, but i never saw a shadower at The Boss

If you want to solo The boss as melee, you need to take down 900m HP of bodyguards, where BG A will perma stun you. If you somehow achieve passing this stage, you are hardcore, but can't hit The Boss, so you want this nerf. This is not entirely correct. If you are already hardcore you can just maple pop and kill it (with maple pop i have 22% hit rate and my accuracy is low 184)

Conclusion
    - Toad is not a main boss like HT (so you don't need to bloodwash for Toad), even though i know more people would like to enjoy this new content
    - The Boss should stay as it is.
    - range class > melee class

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Agree x 9
    • Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.