1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change monsters to drop legends game cash instead of legends vote cash

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by akashsky, Jan 10, 2019.

Do you want monsters to drop GIFT-ABLE NX?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:19 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Currently, we had two new changes made to maplelegends over the past month.
    1) Monsters drop legends vote cash (the same type of nx you get from voting)

2) Monsters drop normal gachapon tickets.
    I just want to say here that I absolutely LOVE these changes to the game because it makes the game super play-2-win over vote-2-win.

The suggestion I want to talk about is a slight modification to one of the above changes.

Why not change the nx that monsters drop from legends vote cash to legends game cash?

Legends game cash is different from legends vote cash in that you can use it to gift items to other users. Typically this cash is mostly obtained by getting first, second, or third place in a GM hosted event, so its in fairly low supply.

By making monsters drop legends vote cash, you expand the currently scarce "nx economy" and allow players to buy and sell nx from each other.

Here are some of the consequences of this change:
    1) Potentially lowers the time required to hp wash characters because you could purchase AP resets from other players (who spent HOURS grinding for nx). Do note that the nx drop rate is not too common, I've averaged about 1k nx per hour of grinding.

It doesn't increase the difficulty of washing (in my opinion) because you would still either have to wait for vote nx or have to pay mesos (which typically take time to obtain) for it. Also, you can already buy APR for mesos, its just that the price is extremely high because the giftable legends game cash is so scarce in supply.

2) Adds more convenience to the game in that you can gift common consumable nx items.

Need that last attacker for zak but they are still in NLC? Well you can gift them a VIP teleport rock if they don't have the nx to teleport to you. Your friend ran out of safety charms while trying to duo bigfoot? You can gift them some and keep going with risking loss of exp.

It enables you to do things you already could without having to have spare nx cash on you at all times.

Of course it could lead to many other negative consequences that I am not considering. For example, making nx farmable from monsters that is giftable might further reinforce the servers HP washing culture to the point where everyone feels like they are forced to wash, not because they are actually forced to, but because everyone expects them to.

After all, when you can buy AP resets for just mesos you almost have no excuse to not hp wash.
    I myself am not completely sold on whether this change would be good for the server (mostly because I have not though about the cons), but I thought it was an interesting idea and would love to hear what other people think about it.

What potential consequences do you think making legends game cash drop from monsters would have on the server?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    11:19 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    As a player, I would love this idea. When I look at it from management side, there is no way this will be in effect.

By doing this, it's effectively decreasing perks for donors, and this server is ran by the donors.

Staffs already posted on forum that they were considering ways to reduce HP washing issue. Increasing making NX drop to be giftable may solve the problem, but I believe NX flow is already good enough with event NX drops and consecutive voting, and occasional NX event. I would rather see another creative solution to the HP Washing problem besides introducing more and more NX.

Another concern is economy.
    • How much do you think AP resets will be in the market? Currently, SMEGA/Owl is for 500k, but AP reset won't be 1.5m because giftable NX would be much rarer. 5m? 10m?
    • Do we want newcomers have easy 10m, when they grind 3100 giftable NX? This server is striving to stay true to old school maplestory. There was no easy money back then. Beginners can already make easy money with gachapon with free NX. No need to make it worse.
    • Will this affect prices of other items, because people are trying to get more money? Cheaper? More expensive? Will this affect SMEGA/Owl prices
    Besides, if someone needs VIP rock or safety charm, they can just buy it themselves. Always keep some spare NX.

3. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    just win fitness SlimeCool

ive sold game cash from gm events for about 10m per 3100 gamecash, and more depending on time of year (presence or lack of event that provided ap resets).
    Not quite sure how this affects donor perks, because donor items are only purchaseable with donor cash and not game cash.

4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:19 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1. Donor nx is used for cosmetic purposes only, you can't buy any items that affect actual gameplay (except maybe extra inventory slots?).

2. Regarding economy, it wouldn't be an easy 10m. The price of ap reset would drop drastically if we could have more sellers. I personally think the price would drop to somewhere between 2 and 5m. Maybe thats too cheap and it makes washing too easy.

I dont think it would change prices of smega or owl service since those can be bought using UNGIFTABLE vote nx. Giftable legends game cash (which only obtained from monsters) would most likely be spent on gifting gacha (unless it is removed) or AP resets and or tele rocks.

However, I totally feel your concern about things being easy for newcomers as I've recently restarted myself. The game is so much easier for new players compared to a few years ago, from more generous drops, to a favorable economy, ramping vote nx system, and increased event exp rates (compared to past events).

If we want to keep a time-gate on hp washing, this change is certainly a bad one.

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I was more so quoting about ability to gift items with donor cash. If you can't gift with donor cash, please disregard donor part :oops:

For the questions about economy, they were all hypothetical to make a point. Whether it's easy 2m or 10m, changes that affect in-game economy should be carefully looked at, if not avoided.

6. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    Sounds like you can make money selling leech and cut half the time to wash your attacker at the same time. Sounds like the game got way easier? LOL