1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to Crit Throw/NL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goldeh, May 23, 2020.

do you think this change will effect the casual assassin/hermit lovers gameplay experience?

1. yes

96 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. no

31 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    8:38 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    hi, have u seen corsairs soloing BF? its almost comparable to free leeching from lvl12x to 15x with their ship single targeting skill and no ship break dpm. this time corsairs got buffed, so i dont think a definite nerf for NL is the right course of action.

Different classes shine in different grind/bosses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. pskee321

pskee321 Red Snail

May 17, 2020
    Male
    My view is that we should leave the skills just as how it was. Forcing 'improvements' to skills may slowly destroy the essence of the game, just as how modern maple have 'improved' to become. People dont prefer the modern maple, that's why we're in this server, isnt it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    5:38 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Yeah the change really feels custom imo. Just like with strafe being 5 hit. Any decent NL will have SE somehow, but I guess that's not the case with the multi client limitation. Seeing 80k+ crits on a single star is going to be weird to see.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    8:38 AM
    DMsRebirth
    It means you can KB mage boss without att pots now though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Lol, yeah that's a huge pro in this situation. I believe you needed at least ~4900 range to KB mage as a NL. Nameless pin as well without having to apple.

6. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    9:38 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Honestly i dont get what usefulness have buffing SE-Less damage, cause no one likes to do boss run without SE there will be always SE on Horntail, taking the consideration they re looking on a full endgame NL with a complete wash and endgame gear. I consider the change on the Critical Throw as unnessesary and anti-nostalgic for the players. in my stead i total dissaprove it

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    2:38 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    That and krex sure. But in any other scenario NL beats Corsair

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I would prefer it be reverted back as well. This was not a buff NLs needed. As dumb as that sounds. I'd rather keep the original formula even if it means hitting less without SE.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    10:38 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Killing some time while waiting for maintenance, here's a little pointless simulation to check out the crit changes.

Gear equipped: 89att sleeve, 21att bwg
    Skill used: Triple Throw
    Note: those are individual lines, bolded are total dmg per hit.
    upload_2020-5-24_3-30-59.png
    oh forgot to include post crit + SE

10. OP
    OP
    goldeh

goldeh Red Snail

Apr 12, 2020
    6:38 AM
    goldehcb
    Hermit, Shadower
    OKAY SO after hours naps and checking discord the server is finally up and i was able to do some grinding at mp3. Level 100 hermit with a 62 attack craven and a 10 attack YM, I'm not able to consistently 1 hit with L7 using shadow partner and coke pills (+15 WA). The grind on an assassin and hermit has become MORE rng based instead of less, which was mentioned to me as a reason for the change by a gm in discord. I SWITCHED to my 27 attack meba because it has a faster attack speed than my craven and i'm getting roughly the same eph using L7 (obviously avenger will suffer from less weapon attack). Exactly as i've predicted the consistency of grinding has gone down for assassins. Spoke to a a friend grinding in gs2 and their consistent 2 hit went down to 3 hits unless a crit comes through and then its still a 2 shot like before. It honestly doesn't feel good and i really hope GMS see this and understand the issue caused by lower crit rate.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    goldeh

goldeh Red Snail

Apr 12, 2020
    goldehcb
    Hermit, Shadower
    I sent a smega ingame asking if any assassins noticed a difference to the stability of their training consistency and all that, and got an incredible response. Copped a smega ban asking people to check out the post LOL. had a large amount of whispers from people who said they've experienced what i've been worried about since this change has been announced.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Let's just revert back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    smfh stop going to gs and kill amplifiers/mannes instead they have like 50% more hp and gives back like 4 time as much exp

14. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    1:38 PM
    I don't understand why they even made the change. Sins were fine the way they were. GMs need to be a bit more intelligent and understand classes more before messing with them.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  15. OverEasy

OverEasy Red Snail

May 12, 2020
    Male
    OverEasy
    Assassin, Night Lord
    The inconsistent damage is honestly very stupid. I used to be able to two shot at MP3 mobs, now I'm not sure if its gonna take two or three shots to kill them because of the crit rate. As a lvl 6x sin, it only slows my progression to level and grind. If this change sticks, I might consider re-rolling. I think if you wanted to nerf NLs, there could be another way. Changing crit rate % was definitely not it.

16. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    The point was to not nerf NLs but a buff without SE. Unfortunately it seems it's hurting the early game. Hopefully they get this feedback.

17. Willhelm

Willhelm Red Snail

Mar 24, 2020
    Male
    1:38 PM
    Can I just say, card hunting has now become an absolute nightmare! As a hermit waiting for AP resets, I've had to revert to lower level mobs a RNG now plays a much larger role in whether I 1 hit or not.

Please can this be changed back or reviewed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think the origin of this NL change was pretty clear. The popular opinion on the server is that "NL is broken", and the way that staff probably wanted to address this was by nerfing alchemist. However, they were probably in a mindset where they thought they needed to compensate for the alchemist nerf with something else, and thus the critical hit changes were implemented. I personally think it would have been alright to either leave alchemist as it was, or just nerf alchemist and leave everything else untouched. Even though average dpm with SE was not affected, it seems like messing around with other stuff is bringing more disapproval than anticipated.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I can't agree more. The buff on non SE dmg is not a a true buff to compensate for alchemist nerf. Alchemist was fine, and I'm okay with the nerf, but it seems a bit excessive imo. You can keep the nerf on alchemist, but let's revert back to the original formula.

20. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    This was EXACTLY what I thought as well.
    The goal intended was probably to nerf alchemist, but in return they wanted to buff SE-less damage to compensate for the nerf to NLs.
    If the initial intention was to nerf alchemist, they should have just done it without touching the crit-%.
    upload_2020-5-26_18-14-57.png
    Looking at the DPM calculations made by Arthur, it shows that base DPM has been buffed by ~800k where as if you compare base DPM versus SE-DPM, there's still a boost of about 6-7mil/min. The intention was to show how SE-less damage is better now but the reality is that at the end of the day, no end-game NL will go without SE when the boost in damage & DPM is so damn significant.

The number of late/end-game NLs grinding is also limited/scarce/rare, and even so, they will still utilize SE to maximise kill rate and EPH.
    The only time this would be helpful is when a late/end-game NL goes into a bossing run and their archers DC/die without resurrection, leaving them SE-less.

I had a long post to reveal how this change was actually an unnecessary buff/an actual nerf instead of ''Improving Nightlords'' due to several reasons:
    1. Early game assassins will suffer inconsistent damage leading to worsened grinding efficiency - ie. Nerf
    2. Late game nightlords will not/rarely go without SE - ie. Unnecessary buff

Honestly I've tested my DPM in Bodyguard A/B and HT - unchanged, but I still feel the change in crit-% is unnecessary.

Seeing 6 yellow lines so frequently now... without 1 purple line is ugly too OnionF4

• Great Work Great Work x 1