1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to Onyx Apples and GPQ

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Piety, Mar 26, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    10:06 PM
    Centaur & Chaste
    You are still able to 100% get Apples from weddings if you still need them right now. It's still better than the RNG of the once-per-24h APQ of how Apples should technically be obtainable. If we could have APQ right now, I would return them to their original state which is that, and none from weddings/GPQ. Items as strong as they are should never have been something you could just get 12+ of from a wedding whenever you needed them.
    It adds randomness, but it makes them farmable. Guilds have already been running GPQ a decent amount lately, so I'm sure this'll make it even more popular in the weeks to come.

We'll obviously be keeping a close eye on the market/supply/prices, so if the RNG is too much, we'll adjust. There really was no easy way to change this :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Frazen

Frazen Pink Teddy

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    10:06 AM
    Frazen
    Night Lord
    u really think i would be that hardworking to even do one gpq? LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    3:06 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Well rip all the chances we newcomers had for a catch up, big regrets not getting married yesterday now lol

4. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    This is not in effect until the next patch.
    If you want to enjoy the OPness of the current wedding one last time, you still have a few days MapleF3
    Weddings should never have been a way for new players to fund themselves anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Why? I have over 200 apples. Once they go up to 10m ea I'll be rich.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    5:06 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Increase the wedding ticket to 50k nx.... don’t mess with the vote
    System pls

7. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    The voting system is not being changed.

8. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Aw nvm den do wutever you want

9. Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    People funding themselves with marriage apples while I'm heal spamming chronos hoping for GFA. I get the feeling I've been misusing my time OnionCourage

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    4:06 AM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Killing chronos for GFA when u can kill Master chronos for helmet dex 60% :thinking:

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    But senpai I'm not ready yet :yawn:

• Like Like x 1
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    10:06 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Is it just me or has the Helm dex 60% always felt 10x worse than GFAs@platoon chronos. Like 2 hours of platoons gives me 3-5 GFAs easy but I only ever got 1 scroll from master chronos.

ON TOPIC:

This is a good thing. The vote-2-win cycle of getting married and divorced with your own characters to farm apples was easily the cheapest way to generate a steady income, and also made the whole concept of a maple marriage super cheap and meaningless. I'm all for making it so that marriages mean something at all (as much as they should in a cutesy video game).

Honestly though, GPQ is boring af. Wish the boss was harder

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    This is more of a theory question, but how concrete are the criteria for determining whether the GPQ drop rates need to change? I foresee a fair amount of volatility in the near future for apple prices, but this is at least to be expected.

Perhaps it might be asked what the desired outcome(s), if any, are for the apple market. Would you be happy if supply remained relatively the same to what it is now? What if it was to increase significantly? Decrease significantly? The same could be asked about the prices. One of my concerns is that the drop rate for apples will actually be quite fair relative to their power, but because so many groups will be doing GPQ, the supply compared to now will still increase noticeably. This may trigger a nerf of the drop rate, potentially killing a lot of initiative for guilds to run for apples at all, then the apple market goes a bit wacky, and so on and so forth, perhaps leading people back to relying on marriages for their apples without much thought for GPQ again, though now the reward for marriage is much lower.

Maybe your primary concern is less centered around the actual supply/demand of apples and more oriented to introducing a skill/effort-based way to obtaining them. Even if this is so, I hope there are still concrete criteria you're measuring.

Anyway, this post isn't meant to be critical in any sense. I'm just trying to help make sure that you and the rest of the staff who have been involved in this project/discussion really know where you're wanting to go and can measure that progress with some level of certainty. Hopefully if you can share more of your vision for how this is to affect the server, it will help us players give you better and more on-point feedback.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Time to spam gpq next patch in hopes for unbalanced droprate :trihard:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:51 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I’m so sorry for necroposting but whatever happened to this? (Gpq dropping apples) L>gpq buffs

16. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Before APQ, you got apples from marriage, that was lowered or removed and moved to GPQ until we got APQ basically.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Apples are w.e, bring back jr rog summoning sacs though FoxF3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1