1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Changing description to Meso Guard

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Krauser94, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    7:33 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Well first of all, i want to say hi!! SlimeWink

Now to the subject i want suggest. As i said in the title i would like to ask if it's possible to change the actual description from the chief bandit skill, "Meso Guard".

The actual description is the one shown in the image below:

MGdescription.png

As it can be seen the description starts well, buts ends in a "mess", more or less, also if you are new to that skill.

First of all, the 50% damage protection its well explained, and about the damage taking, that is true too. The wrong thing is about the lvl description, where it says about "save up 2100 mesos" (in my skill lvl).

The skill don't save mesos when you use it, it takes mesos from your budget, and it's not limited to mesos used, in that case i will still die in 2 hits from any boss for example.

In the GIF below i tried that skill to show the meso reduction (also i was getting hit after the gif ended and i lost more that 3k mesos, so that kills the save up part)

The correct use of meso guard is the following:

Without MG: A monster does 1000 dmg.
    Level 11 MG: Same monster does 500 damage to your HP, and you lose 425 mesos.
    Max MG: Same monster does 500 damage to you, but you lose less money (depending on the max lvl %).

I ended up looking for the actual description in the typical guide places (some of them have the skill for bandit, deu to later version) and gathered those:

this one is from bbb hidden street, and it probably uses a later skill version, because my skill at lvl 11 has an 85% and i timed it close to 80-85 sec or something like that. But the fact that displays the time is something more useful than the saved up mesos.
    descrp_bbb.png

This other one is from Ayumilove, which is closer to my eyes from the actual skill stat, but it says that "uses mesos to guard xx% of the damage" and the damage guarded is always 50%, no matter what lvl.
    descrp_ayumi.png

So, to end this long text i will put something more like this in the short description:

"MP - XX; XX% of the guarded damage replaced with mesos for XX seconds."

(I'm not sure about the time duration in every lvl, but either you have access to it, or take it from the second picture, which is probably accurate)

And for the longer one i will keep it the same way but i will change the part about "saving mesos when you use that skill" and put something more like "uses your current mesos". (Or something like that, but keeping th rest the way it is is cool)

So, yeah, that's my suggestion, hopes it's everything well explained SlimeGrin SlimeGrin

If there is a way to change that, that would be cool, i don't know how the actual files works, but i think it will be clearer for the newest bandits that join (as myself when i started, that i didn't undestood the skill until i asked to some guildies XD)

Thanks for hearing and have a nice day!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I agree that the skill description is terrible. Honestly I thought I knew how the skill worked, then I read it and got confused. In the end, my initial understanding of the skill was correct.

I think your description of the level text is perfect, but I still don't understand the whole mesos saving up part. Isn't the skill exactly like magic guard, only instead of mp it uses mesos? So that would mean the skill would end when the timer is up, not when a certain amount of mesos are used.

If it's like magic guard, I suggest the following easy short text:
    Uses mesos tot guard/negate/shield 50% of incoming damage. (Use the word you like most. Guard for synergy with the skill name, shield for clarity, negate for using fancy words :))

If it's based on a max amount of mesos:
    Uses mesos to guard/negate/shield 50% of incoming damage. The skill is deactivated when either the time runs out or the maximum amount of mesos is used.
    Then you put a "max mesos XXXX" in the level description too.

3. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Yeah, it totally works like Magic Guard. My thought with time playing, and with seeing the way Neckson acted with things, is that maybe they wanted to refer to the "mesos you saved" aka your wallet, but is totally fucked up as a description for sure.

My same feeling XD reading it leads more to a confussion than to a help.

But you literally could use the same text as for Magic guard, only replacing the MP for mesos

"Temporarily replaces damage with mesos instead of HP. If the mesos reach 0, the HP takes a full hit."

And for the description per lvl
    it's capped on your wallet since lvl 1, but basically each lvl adds a "discount" to the damage so basically at lvl 1 you lose more mesos than MAX, for a hit with the same dmg value.