1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chaos scroll use

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by jnkmoua, Jun 19, 2020.

1. jnkmoua

jnkmoua Blue Snail

May 21, 2020
    Male
    7:23 PM
    Just wondering.. what do people use their chaos scrolls for? I know that it's used a lot for Zak helms.

I am a level 110 priest. I'm curious if it's worth using on my silver deputy star. Also wondering if I should use it on my +2 int boots to get them higher?

I'm new to the server and this is the first time I've reached close to "end-game" maplestory so any advice would be great. Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ItsMonkaS

ItsMonkaS Red Snail

Nov 21, 2018
    Male
    2:23 PM
    Chaos scrolls are mainly used on weapon attack items suck as PGC and BWG. I wouldn’t suggest you to use it on deputy star or your shoes unless you have a decent amount of funds. I’d whether wait till 120 and get a HTP which is much worth it than chaosing the deputy star and has the potential of ruining it .

3. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    10:23 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    So I'm not sure if you know how Chaos Scrolls (CS) work but basically they can add up to +5 or subtract up to -5 of each stat on the item. So you could get -5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0(no change),+1,+2,+3,+4 or +5.

We usually use CS on stats where extant scrolls are unable to boost. For example, one of the most common uses is to increase Weapon Att (WA) of pink capes, because a "Scroll for Cape for Weapon Attack" does not exist.

Off the top of my head, here are some common applications for chaos scrolls:
    • Pink Gaia/Adventurer Cape for Weapon Attack
    • Mark of Naricain for Weapon Attack
    • Horntail Pendant (pre-egg) to get +stat on the stats you want
    • Elemental Pierce Earrings for +all stat
    • Spectrum Goggles for +str/dex/speed
    • Yellow Snowshoes for +int
    Also sometimes, we use chaos scrolls to boost items where the CS can boost stats more than the regular scrolls. For example, gloves for attack 30%/10% increases the stat by 3. But with a CS you could get up to +5. So you could, for example, pass a 30% gfa on a work glove (3wa), then use a chaos scroll to get a +5 for that 8wa 5 slot glove.

I don't think people use it on zak helm very much at all, unless you really want to boost the strength/luk stats. Since helm int/helm dex scrolls are so common, and zak helms already have 10 slots, I can't imagine it's worth the risk and investment to do so. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't use it on your deputy star. Sure you could do that if you REALLY wanted to, but consider that even if you get +5 int two times on a dep star (extremely improbable), you will have 15tma on that star - still lower than a MoN, which costs 30m and gives up to 17tma, and of course lower than an egged pendant which gives up to 23int before chaos scroll. I think you could save the chaos scroll for your HTP instead. Sell your dep star for the 20-25m it fetches when you get your MoN or HTP.

For boots, if you have yellow snowshoes with INT (idk whats the max stat) you could certainly try to boost the int there. But in my honest opinion it's a bit of waste to use chaos scrolls on mage gear unless you really need to squeeze that extra bit of tma out for an important 1-hit threshold, since generally speaking 1wa is a lot more impactful for physical attackers than 1tma is for mages. (again if i'm wrong here please correct me someone)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    10:23 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Wot, people use their chaoses on Zak helms? Perhaps this might be a thing for rich shadowers but damn..

5. OP
    OP
    jnkmoua

jnkmoua Blue Snail

May 21, 2020
    Male
    7:23 PM
    Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated :)

Ah, I see. Solid advice, thanks!!

Yeah I read it somewhere on a post in the forums I don't remember where I read it.

6. Brandon Pham

Brandon Pham Red Snail

May 18, 2020
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Beginner
    Good information thank you:D