1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chaos/White Scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xNator, Mar 23, 2017.

Should the chance of white scrolls and chaos scrolls be decreased?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    67.5%
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:57 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, at least it seems like gachapon is giving people something now. :p

I think perhaps we will need some statistics like estimates of how many of X are being produced per day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    1:57 PM
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    How long have you been playing on the server? Cuz i dont think you know how the market was before. Also its normal to see more white/chaos scrolls with more players around.
    stop being salty cuz you didnt get one :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    Before the gach change, getting a chaos or white scroll was once in a blue moon.
    Players that have played for 2 years before the gach change, didn't get a chaos or white scroll once.
    I think it's fine how it is now.

• Like Like x 6
  4. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    6:57 AM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    The point is, chaos and white scrolls SHOULDN'T BE EASY TO GET. How many chaos or white scrolls did u have back in pre bb gms? Just curious, because i didn't have any.

5. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I didn't have any either, but.
    Just because it was hard in gms, doesn't mean it should be hard here.
    Having end game scrolls behind such a big wall of rng is not good in my opinion.
    Even if there's alot of Ws or Cs, doesn't mean it's easier to make good gear, it just makes it more accesable for people.

6. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    What do u mean it doesn't make it easier? It makes it about 10x easier

7. South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    whitescroll.jpg

This was in the past 24hrs. I missed a bunch more, but this is what I have.

8. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    wtf am i the only one who gets megaphones??

9. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    The situation is actually worse than I thought....
    I know Dulce has been saving a bunch of white scrolls and now that poor guys hard work was kinda for nothing. Soon they'll be worthless. He also had a 9 att cape (jelous btw), but oh well im sure it wont be too hard to get one of those soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Eeko

Eeko Timer

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    4:57 AM
    Supremacy
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Don't change the rates they're good thx

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Need info on how much of each we get a day KimberlyKimberly . Like, nao.

Will make a related poll.

12. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    7:57 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    I think the rates should be dropped, and let me tell you why. These scrolls are the paragon of end game maplestory; in the case of the white scroll, it allows the player a degree of control in an otherwise RNG dominated game; the chaos scroll on the other hand allows for the breaking of otherwise arbitrary damage range barriers.

The key idea behind the rarity of these scrolls was to establish a system that artificially elongates end game, thus causing the player to spend more money and time. Notice I said money; maplestory was initially designed as a freemium model game, their goal was to incentivize players to open up their wallets. This is where the first issue lies: money vs. a consistent flow of gachapon usage, through the means of hunting and nx tickets. The initial Neckson model offered up a pay wall that isn't present in MapleLegends. The previous point wouldn't be a big issue if this server filled the other criteria that the official server did: a large loyal endgame community for the scrolls to be dispersed across. I haven't been on this server for too long, but I have noticed the vast majority of the population isn't yet at end game (especially due to the recent population spike.)

The main issue with having a large amount of supply, with a small demand is that prices drop drastically and in this case there is a sense of elitism that will form. The supply and demand concept is basic economics and can already be seen in the servers economy, but let me explain the concept of elitism. This is going to occur as there is a large quantity of these valuable scrolls going towards a fraction of the player base. This may seem great at first, but here is what will happen: the high level players will receive a huge influx of these scrolls, thus allowing them to perfect gear. (Note continued on the next post)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    7:57 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    As the high level players perfect their gear, they will reach true end game in which there is nothing left to do; this is the first issue. The second issue is that the lower levels will eventually reach end game, and they will need valuable scrolls of their own. The issue being that once the majority of players have reached end game, then demand will sky rocket and nobody will be selling these scrolls. This is a unique point that will eventually happen given the current trajectory and will be a great deterrence to end game players. At this point, the "elites" will have perfected their weapons in a youthful economy, while the new end game players are trying to do it in a mature economy. They will soon find that it isn't possible due to the current supply in the market, and this will lead to a sense of frustration. Anyways, this has been an extremely long post and I'm impressed if anybody had the attention span to read through all of it xD

Let me just quickly highlight the 2 possible fixes
    1. Lower the rates of these scrolls to match the end game user base
    2. Raise the rates of these scrolls when the aforementioned situation occurs

Note: One fix is proactive, the other is reactive. I'm curious to hear if anybody else agrees with my analysis. I also typed this up while extremely tired, so I will be reading it over tomorrow afternoon to fix any errors.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I know right now that the high level players will be buying up these scrolls, but that means mesos get distributed to lower level players, and then they can buy the gears and scrolls they need. Both high level and low level players will be benefiting and getting stronger faster.

The price of the ws and cs will lower and reach an equilibrium, and some other certain things will increase in price, also reaching an equilibrium.

But what won't happen is "demand skyrocketing". If the old players don't have a demand for white scrolls anymore because "there's nothing left to do", where does all this demand come from? New players? Not all new players even make it to a high level or get far into 4th job, even when spoonfed gear and leeches.

I should also point out that this "nothing left to do" mentality is foolish. With white scrolls, you have the eventual possibility of perfecting a piece of gear. Which, yeah, once the gear does become +7, it's done. But without white scrolls, is it any better? The best thing you have is 30% scrolls, and it gets to a point where you're tired of the RNG gods blowing up your priceless gear. Some very very lucky and insane individuals may +7 perfect a gear with 30%, but most won't even bother. And thus, this "nothing left to do" mentality still prevails due to pessimism... or actually because the chances of making any improvements are so low, I'd call it realism.

One last thing I want to say is that all the old players currently have been here for a long time, and they have been playing for over a year with a borked, stingy, crapsack gachapon system that hardly gave much reward or what anyone needed. So, supposing the old players get disproportionately ahead in the moment... well, I'd say they deserve it. I mean, it just seems you're so busy worrying about how successful the old players might be and trying to tear them down, you don't realize that this gachapon system actually does benefit the new players as well...

15. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I've been playing a long time and i loved the old gach rates. Now pink and purple capes are being given out like candy, same with white and chaos scrolls. Everything is getting so damn easy and thats whats frustrating. What happened to the nostalgic maplelegends the gm's always try to promote? White scrolls and chaos scrolls were rare in gms. Pink and purple capes were hard to obtain in gms. Just yesterday, i got 2 purple gaia capes from 5 gach tickets.

Honestly theres no other way to say it
    Fuck these rates

16. South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    I feel you, I just would hate to see the population decrease because of this. The other servers I played changed their rates on gachapon... needless to say it went from 150x people online to 6x. Now I'm not saying gachapon had made all those people quit. But the domino effect after everyone getting scrolls and gear did in a way mess with the market.

I just hope the rates change, so this server can keep its population and nostalgic vibe. WS should be hard to obtain, so why make it easy?

17. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    12:57 PM
    Defender
    I like how all these people been playing for 3-6 months saying its gachapon is too OP. You haven't played that long to understand the economy or how gachapon works now. Opinions do matter, but damn you talk nonsense. People play from beta, been with 60% end game weapons till now, a chance to get a freaking chaos scroll is obtainable now, money is in the market, and you come in after 1 month of playing saying theres too many scrolls. Cmon let people enjoy the economy you miserable, unlucky people. Let's stay friends, because at the moment you are being greedy.

• Like Like x 3
  18. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I promise u that ive been playing this server a lot longer than 3-6months and i care about the server and dont want it to go to shit. Which is why im making this thread, i didnt make it to fight whichis probably why ur here

19. South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    I speak from experience. I like this sever and would like to see it up and running for years to come.
    Don't be toxic.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think the rates might need to be decreased a little, but the sheer panic mode some people are in is nonsense.

You know, actually the previous gachapon changes we had (at first it was GMS-like, then things were customized at one point so that towns were more "themed") caused players to leave because there was a huge disparity between the amount of 30% scrolls one class could collect over another class.

Now maybe some players might leave over these gachapon changes too, but as long as it's only arrogant, entitled players that think they should be on equal footing as someone who's been around like 5x longer than them, I don't care.