1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Character creation failed, username unavailable

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Floris, Dec 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Description of the bug: After deleting a character that was meant to hold an IGN I bought for me ('Homo'), I checked that the name was available (it was) and rolled for the stats I wanted. Then when I created the character, I got an error message saying; "failed to create the character" and moved back to the previous screen. No character was created:
    upload_2020-12-6_0-35-15.png
    upload_2020-12-6_0-35-43.png
    upload_2020-12-6_0-35-53.png

[​IMG]
    When trying to create the character again, it says the name is unavailable.
    No character with the name 'Homo' shows up on the rankings however, and it is not possible to change a random character's name to 'Homo' through @changeign ingame (decided to just check this).

What is supposed to happen?: The character should have been created or the name should have been available again.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: During character creation.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): I was unable to reproduce it on either this or another account.
    Extra information (optional): Thats mostly it I believe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Pick a different name

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Okay something weird is going on here, someone else just whispered me with the name 'Homo'. I deleted the character for like a couple of seconds before attempting to remake it. KimberlyKimberly I assumed from your post that you had blacklisted the name?

EDIT: the likeliness of someone knowing exactly when I was deleting that character and grabbing the name is pretty much non-existent. So it does seem like the name bugged to 'already used' and then became available again at some later point in time.

EDIT 2: a character named 'homo' only just appeared on the rankings (it wasn't there when I posted 33 mins ago), so the name must have bugged and became available again.

4. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    4:16 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Dont know if this was actually you but the level history seems to show that indeed, all evidence seems to point to the fact that yes someone did grab the name near or at the exact moment you deleted the char. Doing $maple homo on discord also shows the chars stats which implies that it was not deleted/blacklisted.

I presume kimmy mentioned use a diff ign because Homo is taken. So it seems like you're S.O.L in this case. This is why for me, whenever i wanna recreate saved igns, i will always have two clients open, one with perf roll complete, then the other with the delete char button ready to go, and immediately delete and check ign and create the char as fast as humanly possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S disregard the date and times in my screenshots because I'm in the NZT timezone and as such everything is slightly off - relative to your own timezone

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    O okay thanks for explaining TateTate, they must have spent a LONG time spamming the check name button. The person is now impersonating and stalking me O__O. LOOOOL.
    upload_2020-12-6_23-42-46.png

6. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    11:16 PM
    The reason why the name didn't appear earlier could be cuz it takes awhile for the name to show on rankings. Could be after a certain level, playtime, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    8:16 AM
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    It seems like it has to be someone who knows you/knows that you were going to use the IGN. Otherwise, it's very weird that they're going out of their way to impersonate your character... seemingly mockingly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:16 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Seems like the cause was found out. We'll be closing this thread~

• Like Like x 1