1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Christmas Gachapon Tickets

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kimmy, Dec 15, 2018.

1. lucyy345

lucyy345 Red Snail

Jul 15, 2018
    5:04 PM
    forgot
    Thief
    Don't add boss gach please, they are camped enough and will you give us a warning if ur gonna remove cash gach

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    8:04 AM
    As what Kimmy said, rates for hunting gacha will not be changed. Additionally, we are introducing extra common gacha into the pool of stuff that mobs can now drop. That means to say, you can still get slight chance of getting decent stuff from those as well.

Since this is an experimental run for the dropping of Common Gacha from regular mobs, we welcome any feedback once server is up. Let us know what you think and how we can further improve our idea on this! :)

3. SevenArrows

SevenArrows Blue Snail

Oct 23, 2018
    Male
    Bowman
    I understand the reasoning behind this move, and how this current system also causes issues on the back end. But please consider the effect on the free market. The drop rates for the gacha need to be high enough to make this meaningful. Already scrolls and rarer items are pretty expensive on the free market... with less supply comes a rise in prices...for unfunded lower level players, gachapon from voting can at least level the playing field and provide income to afford better items, and scrolls. I think this is going to put a real bind on newer players in the long run.

As luccy345 stated bosses are already being overcamped. Especially by high level players already well-funded with full bling and zakum helmets to boot.

I can already predict that some will try to take the path of least resistance and make up the difference in lost gachapon scrolls via vip teleports near bosses...after all they will have more nx cash to spend on other things since there won't be gachapon in the cash shop anymore. Needless to say hording behavior will also intensify at their favorite mob spots- like they own the entire map... "Please CC"..right...cuz only they be 'special' enough to be there...XD

4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Instant bosses, not area bosses

5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    but if the droprate of the common gacha is increased. you can get more chances for items. im pretty sure they were wanting to add the "rare" gacha into the "endgame bosses", not the ones that have 2-3hr timers and they can be camped.
    Most of the Instant bosses, are 2 runs a day, and you cant re enter once you summon it. I think it would be silly to add a "boss gacha" to area bosses like Mano

6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:04 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  7. Drauds

Drauds Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Jun 21, 2017
    Male
    6:04 PM
    Drauds
    Beginner
    Traduccion a español

Hola Maplers! Este post es sobre algo que ha sido discutido por el equipo por un tiempo. Como todos saben, los Gachapon Tickets [​IMG] pueden ser comprados actualmente en la Cash Shop. Por primera vez en MapleLegends, vamos a experimentar con los Gachapon Tickets que pueden ser obtenidos de los mobs, igual que los Hunting Ticket [​IMG]

¿Por qué? Por mucho tiempo, hemos querido eliminar los Gachapon Tickets de la Cash Shop, porque estos afectan tus mesos votando. Es cierto que se puede votar y vender servicios de SMEGA, pero no es un ingreso directo como los Gachapon Tickets.

Asumiendo que los Gachapon Tickets que pueden ser obtenidos de otra forma, ahora podemos permitir múltiples votos cada día, algo que GTOP permite oficialmente. Creemos que durante muchos años, la regla del Abuso de Votos es una de las mas confusas. Ademas de esto, el juego está constantemente diciéndote que puedes votar, aunque esto va en contra de las reglas (ver clausula 2.9 en los Términos y Condiciones aquí). Es confusa, es molesta, y nos cuesta tanto votos, como usuarios si ellos son baneados.

Hipotéticamente, si removemos los Gachapon Tickets de la Cash Shop, se remueve otra capa de 'votar por meses siendo inactivo y regresar para ganar mesos'. Para insultar mas este sistema, seamos honestos; los Gachapon Tickets en la Cash Shop son terribles.

Finalmente, el propósito que tenemos en mente es crear un buen balance en el que los usuarios pueden ganar Gachapon Tickets mientras entrenan y premiar a los usuarios por jugar.

Se cambiará el nombre de los Gachapon Tickets a los siguientes cuando por fin estén fuera de la Cash Shop:

[​IMG] - Gachapon Ticket (Common)
    [​IMG] - Gachapon Ticket (Rare)
    [​IMG] - Gachapon Ticket (Very Rare)

Los premios para los Gachapon Tickets comunes será similar al que se tiene actualmente para Cash Gachapon que está en la Cash Shop. Sin embargo, lo mas probable es que serán mejorados una vez que el Cash Gachapon de la Cash Shop, porque los usuarios podrán obtenerlos solamente entrenando y no votando.

El Golden Ticket [​IMG] actualmente se llama Gachapon Ticket (Bosses) pero nunca lo usamos. Le dimos ese nombre sin ninguna razon, podemos usarlo algún día. En caso de ser usado, será programado para ser Muy Raro como su nombre lo indica.
    PS: Aun no hay planes. posiblemente en un futuro cercano...

Esperamos que después de esta larga explicación se entiendan los puntos planteados. Esto se puede ver como un gran cambio para MapleLegends específicamente para las cosas que se pueden comprar en la Cash Shop. Estamos emocionados de ver cambios que potencialmente mejorarán el juego y al mismo tiempo disminuirá el abuso de votos.

Nota:
    El drop de los Gachapons está en un estado experimental. Los Gachapons aun pueden ser comprados en la Cash Shop. Esto es solo una advertencia de que pueden ser removidos en un futuro patch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. tranchilla

tranchilla Blue Snail

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    7:04 PM
    Tranchilla
    Warrior
    naplords
    Right, but if yal get rid of purchasing cash gachas and they become strictly drops, will each tier have they're own "roll table" for items or each have the same "roll table" but the higher tier has a higher chance for getting a rare item from gacha?

9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:04 AM
    Moderator Post
    Each have their own roll table, where hunting/rare will likely stay completely identical as how it is now

10. Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    Greetings, I totally disagree with the measure you will take as well as testing. The measures they intend to take should not be taken so lightly as they directly affect the gaming market either by services such as LEECH (since everyone will prefer to raise on their own and hunt gach) and the increase in prices in the fm , which by the way are already high in itself ... Likewise the majority has at least two accounts and getting cosmetics will no longer feel "motivated" to vote in both and this will create a fall in the GTOP now that we are in second place is a bad time to test. They can lower the rate of cash cashes but not withdraw them. They will make a very radical change in the economy, think about it one more time.
    PS: sorry my terrible English

11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    We might have a different viewpoint on this, but in my opinion, anything that promotes users to actually train on their own characters over pay someone else to train for them is a positive change for the server.

Furthermore, there are two types of people who buy leech. Those who just want to level faster and those who have no other option (think characters with lots of INT). You can still sell leech to either of these two groups of people after this change. Even if you get more mesos grinding yourself, you still get faster exp from leeching. Also, those people who get more mesos from grinding now have more mesos to pay you for your leech services!

Also, having more gachapon drops from mobs is a huge buff to people who sell leech. You are now gaining extra gachapon tickets every hour in addition to npc and leech mesos.

Also, for the last point, voting is still the primary way for you to get AP resets. So, unless your character is finished washing or you don't want to use free teleport rocks / smegas / safety charms, I really don't see this change causing anyone to vote any less.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    Moon
    I do not find any solid support for what you say. Because you ensure that LEECH services will continue to be sold normally, please support it. You want to eradicate the Leech being part of MAPLESTORY from the beginning, for that is an oldschool no? ... there will be a fight for maps with more popularity of MOBS, for the farm of these tickets .... a 1st or 2nd job, vs 4job skills .... there will be a total imbalance in the game, they have already gone bad previously getting involved with GTOP perhaps they do not advise well. Ask what your users really want for whom they owe. PD: forgive again for the language barrier

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  13. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Now now, this is about introducing common Gachapon tickets dropping from mobs, which I don't see how it is relevant to leeching aka leechstory (or whatever you call it). At the end of the day, we introduced this in the hopes of improvising gameplay, minimizing people complaining about voting for days/weeks to get lousy items from cash Gachapon. Yeah sure, we will definitely see the influx of people grinding to farm for this event's items, common Gacha and etc.. We do see that as something positive. Again let me reiterate; this is just an experimental period. We'll review again with feedback once this period ends :)

14. SevenArrows

SevenArrows Blue Snail

Oct 23, 2018
    Male
    Bowman
    I tested out the drop frequency for gachapon on a master chronos run yesterday...I really think the drop frequency could be adjusted upwards in the future. Otherwise this really will be a net loss that will affect the free market.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. I was trying for the infamous helmet dex scroll drop, no luck there lol.)

• Like Like x 2
  15. SusuGoreng

SusuGoreng Mano

Jul 30, 2018
    Male
    SusuGoreng
    Warrior
    As a hardcore grinder...i can onli see the positive outcome on this change..
    The onli thing that bothering me..can gm make the mob dropped gacha stackable..like 10 or 20 per stack?

with my hardcore grind playstyle...i tend to keep all gunting gacha that i get till i have full inventory b4 i use them...this mob dropped gacha keep me going back town to use em to make room in my inventory....
    Pls consider this..ty~~

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:04 AM
    Moderator Post
    Cash items like those cannot be stacked due to client limitations, as far as I am aware.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Okay. Why is leech currently sold? Is it to level faster than grinding?

If yes, then does adding gachapon to mobs make it so leeching is slower than grinding? If yes, then you are right, this change will screw over leech services.

Also, I think having maps be very crowded is a good thing. That means alot of people are playing and lots of items will hopefully go into the market!