1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Command in-game to check drops from monsters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rod, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    10:51 PM
    As the title suggests, I think this would be a nice addition to the game, either this or the monster book which is much better because people would have to hunt the monsters and collect their cards to know their exact drops, however, I suppose you guys also can't add this to the current version of the game, therefore I suggest a command in-game, you type the name of the item (equipments, scrolls, ores, everything) and it says the exact monsters that drop them.

This is much better than relying on bbb hidden street, no one here owns that website and it can close at any time and then we will never know what we need to know. And it's also annoying having to alt tab every time to check everything game related on a website that doesn't even belong to the game I'm playing.

Footnote: If you believe this command would make everything much easier, please read the whole post, I also would prefer the monster book as it adds more content and stuff to do in-game, but this is something that the staff probably can't add to the game and this is an important feature for people that wanna hunt a specific item and don't know which monster drops them.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    2:51 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Here is a reply from Kimmy talking about monster book: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/monster-cards.14001/#post-120561

I see where you are coming from. In my opinion, it's not really an ideal way to check monster drops to me because it could be very tiring to read a wall of text without images. Most people would probably just go to bbb hidden street. Staffs have limited time so I don't see how it's worth the time for them to add it into the game.

3. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:51 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Thing is, bbb isn't completely reliable since it includes drops from after v62 as well. Being able to look at the drop table in the game would be the most surefire way to see whether or not the drop you're looking for actually exists.

That being said, I would definitely prefer a quick and dirty command over the monster book. Monster book makes things too cluttered imo.

4. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    10:51 PM
    Seems like it was last updated in February, 2016 - https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/monster-cards-book.3617/
    Hoping that this has not been forgotten since that is actually one of the best features of maplestory. But again, they said it's probably not possible to add the monster book, so at least a command for this should be added in-game in the mean time.

5. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    5:51 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    didnt we use to have a database, specifically for maplelegends, or something that listed drops and shit?

6. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I believe you're referencing the one Gi was working on however that was never finished and project was abandoned (to my knowledge) .

Edit: I actually still have it linked in my signature and the link is now dead so unless he moved it to a new site it's dead.

7. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    gi gi