1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Poll: Boat rides/Travel duration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Nov 30, 2015.

<READ THREAD FIRST> What's your current opinion on travel duration on MapleLegends?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2015.
  1. It's fine as it is.

67 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. The waiting time and travel time is too long

65 vote(s)
    44.5%
  3. Neutral

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    10:06 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I think it is fine, but i think it would be fun if you could add like a minigame you can play on the boat and off boat

• Like Like x 2
  2. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    In any case I don't think you should ignore the 42.1% who wants something to be done.
    One of the many problems with democratic decisions like these.

3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:06 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Poll results do not decide what's done, they are just a guide for the staff to know what the community thinks/wants. I'm pretty sure KimberlyKimberly said this plenty of times

4. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    It'd be nice if the boat from Victoria Island to Orbis (and other way around) would travel 6 times an hour instead of 4. Aka decrease the delay from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. Other than that I think it's fine as it is ^-^

• Like Like x 10
  5. Sandy

Sandy Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Female
    4:06 AM
    I like the idea that its in the game go give it a realistic maple feel but its way too long. Cut the ride time by 25-50% shorter and it wont hurt anything.

6. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    True enough, I was typing on my phone while on the bus so kinda forgot you cheeky breeky.
    What I meant to say was that I hope the staff really takes into consideration the huge percentage of "Yesplschange" and not just go with a bald "No, let's keep it".
    Some of the ideas in the thread would work great.

• Like Like x 2
  7. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    2:06 AM
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    Can we talk about the time the actual boat leaves at? With old maple the boat would depart every 15. Meaning 15,30,45,00. And boarding would start at 10,25,40,55. With legends I feel like boarding times are at the departure time and leave 5 mins after that.

On topic. I would love shorter boat times :) just not too short for the Vic/orbiz route for Crog <3

• Like Like x 3
  8. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    This. I absolutely hated boat rides back in GMS and now and think they serve 0 purpose in the game, but I'm clearly in the minority. Shorter rides would be a good compromise.

9. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    Remember when maple brought in the perm hyper rock. It was 30$ and it was the best $ I ever spent on maple. Ohh man good times.

10. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    1:06 AM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    Personally, I was one of the people that thought the rides were enjoyable when you had a few people riding with you. Even though we all could have AFKed back then, a lot of people didn't. They stayed to chat with each other. That's what made them fun. My opinion is that there should just be a free/low cost instant travel method for now. Those who want to feel the nostalgia of waiting on boats can still do that if they want to. There's nothing stopping them, except their lack of self-control. If and when Legends has a larger and more active playerbase, the staff can still remove the option, but for now it seems like boat rides just make the game boring/lonely. They shouldn't have to force players to take breaks either.

As for the suggestion of making boat rides a meso sink, I'm sure there are much better options. Instant traveling would end up being a luxury only mages can afford without breaking the bank and discourages exploring. However, if the staff is willing to scale prices by job/level, that would be enough to convince me to accept it as a method of removing mesos from the server.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I think for mesos sinking we need to aim for mages since they are the richest characters in the game. I really think something like this, or for example selling vip tp rocks for 1 mil is a really good idea. Yet this is a completely seperate idea from shortening travel times...

12. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Reducing a few minutes off the time wouldn't hurt for sure. It can be frustrating for some players to wait for the current amount of time as it is now, and while I dont think such frustration can hurt the player population, its definitely annoying still.

However, of course, this depends how frequently you travel... For me, I would be glad if it was shorter, but wouldnt be so frustrated if it stays the way it is now. I "get used" to wait on boats, and if there is one or two others with me and they're open-minded, passing the time on the boat gets easier too.

13. Rawfodog

Rawfodog Chronos

Mar 18, 2015
    Norway
    Rawfodog / ItzMjauzzz / Foxy / Foxsky / TheBaker / ReaI
    I/L Wizard
    Project
    changing travel times and such is a very post bb change. leave it as it is.
    But as YozichYozich suggested having the Orbis boat leave 5 - 6 times would be fine and make crogs optimal for farming scrolls ( cus you can relog if they don't spawn).
    Then again Orbis boat ride is only for ppl who haven't been to leafre yet anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Beast

Beast Blue Snail

Nov 14, 2015
    Male
    Beast
    Warrior
    ppl2pass
    need this whenever one has to go to other place and grind.

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I guess I don't care either way. I just alt-tab or go do something else when I have to go on a boat ride anyway.

But I'm absolutely against charging players different amounts of money based on their level/class. It isn't really "mages are rich" so much as it is "bishops are rich". And even then, if you don't like it, don't buy leech from them. Maybe we should charge warriors extra for safety charms in the cash shop? Or charge sins more for warrior elixirs since they receive more benefit than any other class?

It makes you feel singled out when this happens. And also, the assumptions aren't really fair and make blanket statements about individuals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    1:06 AM
    hedgepig
    Priest
    6 year later bump... I know the post mentioned in https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...on-between-island-location.42776/#post-286520 was unpopular, but every time I need to travel to or away from orbis (from/to vic island) I have two options:

1. Take the ship and wait.
    2. Nautilus -> ludi -> eos scroll 2x and return town -> helios elevator -> orbis scroll

The second option is faster and costs basically ~100k right now for scrolls and warp cards. I do actually do it on occasion when I really don't want to wait. What do people think about making an extra option for warp card equivalent for ellinia station to orbis for a high cost (say, a few hundred k to leave option 2 viable?)

Maybe I'm just salty that OPQ has been empty for 8 straight hours due to the event lol.

17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is an old poll and the travelling time already got reduced by 50% since. Cute results though. I bet if another poll like this was made now the votes to reduce it would be far higher. Times changed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Lazy zoomers need fast travel smfh

19. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    This is just the correct route, anyone trying to save time should be avoiding that boat at all costs. Even with the shortened rides, simply FMing repeatedly to cross some maps makes this quicker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Magic seed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1