1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Poll: Drop filter made official?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Oct 14, 2018.

Would you like an official supported drop filter?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2018.
  1. No

41 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Yes

141 vote(s)
    77.5%
  1. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    6:32 PM
    Buch
    Cleric
    No, i dont want them. Game is easy enough allready. Keep Legends as close to MS v.62, other regions are fine, aslong they are v.62. If i want custom shit and easymaple ill go another server.

2. Alayne

Alayne Red Snail

Jun 12, 2018
    12:32 PM
    CaeIestia
    Brawler
    N/A
    I agree with a lot of what has been said here - I like that it shows where things are, but I would rather it be reserved for things such as event items, NX tickets, hunting gach, or other rarer drops (not scrolls). I don't mind it showing the scrolls, but they're big enough that they can usually be seen behind the other items on the map more easily than the tiny little tickets and candies. I also like the idea of it being optional so that if people don't want to see the boxes they can choose to turn it off.

I can see why some people may not want it, but for someone with poor eyesight who ends up with a lot of unlooted etc in maps (because I'm not gonna stop mid-grind just to npc etc), having that filter might mean the difference between seeing whether or not something important has dropped. But again, making it optional would be good.

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So one of the main concerns is that the filter looks a bit obnoxious to some people. We went think of things to make them less huge, and thought of the following. Let me know if this is an improvement or not:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
  5. Alayne

Alayne Red Snail

Jun 12, 2018
    CaeIestia
    Brawler
    N/A
    That's awesome! I was honestly hoping you'd be able to make the box transparent so that it would be exactly like this. Still visible, but not obnoxious!

6. mana2468

mana2468 Blue Snail

Apr 16, 2017
    For those who's voting YES above explain to me "Why" you'd want this filter thing to exist.
    Answers like "well...why not?" is not acceptable.

Personally, Although i hate the the idea, it is however understandable for Hunting Gachapon Ticket and/or Nx drops because very rarely you can miss them.

I am strongly AGAINST this to be part of MapleLegends. i have no logical explanation for why we would need or want this, and if there is... enlighten me.

I know you've read my post on HpWashing thread before Kimmy. hear me and Please do not add the filter system.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    Items that will have this filter will either have to be universally useful to people, such as hunting gachapon and vote cash tickets, or it will cause uncessary clutter and deviate from the aesthetic of old-school maple. I would very much favour an optional filter, as we had before with a separate file. If this isn't possible, the change is not necessary.

8. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    9:32 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I prefer Poof's design myself. Also keep in mind that players can always just revert back to not having this by replacing the corresponding .img files in the client with normal/old ones so it's not like this change isn't modifiable by each player.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    11:32 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    The new design is great, but I think we still need something to tell that its not a floatting drop f3

10. Zxion

Zxion Mano

Feb 28, 2018
    Male
    Zxion
    I/L Mage
    Unworthy
    I like the drop filters. I find them useful when I'm grinding and have a bunch of mesos and random etc drops all over the map. It helps me make sure to get something important before it expires without me noticing it was there. However, I think it should somehow be a toggle option where those who don't want it don't have to use it. I like the suggestions others have made in this thread where only certain drops are filtered and I also like the new design. SeemsGood

11. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

5:32 PM
    Yeah i agree, like the white background but idm as long as its noticable

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    11:32 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I like it the way it becomes a refreshing wind after a long hour of grinding, it look different and new, who care if it annoying or not (psst: less annoy than those new pets) xD

13. mana2468

mana2468 Blue Snail

Apr 16, 2017

From this statement i am guessing these important drops that your referring to is Hunting gachapon and maybe nx drops. as i stated above I would understand for these two items because meso stack drops have a large enough pixel to potentially cover them, But drops like scrolls have large enough pixel to be shown through the meso stacks so unless you are blind or using some kind of macro software and not paying attention to the screen, it should be obvious.

14. RICEDUCK

RICEDUCK Chronos

Nov 30, 2017
    Female
    RICEDUCK/MISHKA
    Night Lord
    Tempus
    YES FROM ME
    because I'm always doing 300 things and I don't notice things that drop especially if its a bigger map and its on the second floor like Shaolin I don't notice it behind drops so it saved me a couple gaches. The idea for @dropfilterall is really good, people will complain about everything so cant please them all :D

15. neecole10

neecole10 Red Snail

Apr 6, 2018
    12:32 AM
    Clexa
    Bishop
    Etheria
    Personally I liked the drop filter when I first saw it, it made it easier on my eyes so I don't have to keep looking for nx and scroll drops. In fact I (still) get really excited when I see a drop xD Though I do agree the current drop filter is way too bulky to look good so I'm all in for the new design!

If it's not too difficult, I think the win-win solution would be to have optional drop filters. That way those who like it can switch it on and vice versa.

16. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Sadly it has been mentioned that in-game optional toggle for this is not possible.

On that note, making the filter downloads accessible on the forums would be awesome too!

17. Nardrath

Nardrath Mano

Aug 9, 2018
    Male
    7:32 PM
    Nardrath
    I/L Arch Mage
    Guildless
    Yes, I personally love the drop filters, And the new design looks great, but I can also understand why some people dont like at as well.

Since the focus of this server is to remain nostalgic, I think that either the drop filters should be an optional toggle (Maybe as a seperate download file? Since it has been mentioned that its not possible to add at directly to the game client itself), Or, Personally i think that the drop filters should Only be applied for items that were Never part of the original MS to begin with. Such as gachapon hunting tickets and nx tickets like others have mentioned here ( Atlist I think that these tickets were not part of the original MS?), That way new players here will know that this items exist in this server, and the rest of the players will not miss out on them. ;)
    (Though Only add the filters to rare items, not items that drop commonly enough such as the halloween event candies and boxes).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  18. Kent

Kent Blue Snail

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Aqua
    10:32 AM
    Kentta
    Marksman
    Muse
    could you guys do it for the gachapon tickets (hunt)? its hard to see sometimes when its piled up behind a bunch of ETCs

19. Mawius

Mawius Red Snail

Apr 24, 2015
    Male
    Door
    Priest
    Colors
    It’s really not in the spirit of a nostalgic, classic MapleStory experience. We have always had to pay attention in order to be 100% sure we’re not missing valuable drops and that’s just the way it is. I personally don’t like this idea, as it threatens the nostalgic and genuine feel which a server like this is able to provide. Thst being said, I would probably vote «No» on any suggested addition, and the game is already not the same as back then. As few changes to the original experience is what I’m for, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Haha, I think the missed the entire premise of the thread. The original post mentions that the addition was on accident. The discussion here is asking whether or not they should stay, change, or be removed.