1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Community Poll) OPTION for Boat Ride Skipping

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Hiyo, Mar 20, 2017.

Should skipping OPTION of boat rides be a feature in MapleLegends? (you can still ride the boat)

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. No! Boats should remain mandatory ONLY

111 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes! An option to skip would be nice

74 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes! An option to skip would be nice, but make sure it's expensive

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    11:39 PM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    This thread (for the most part) has been pretty civil, so that's nice. I'd like to say that I never thought a topic like this would be so divisive. Carry on Legends, I'm leaning towards the time-saving side, but I don't have the nostalgic perspective many folks seem to have.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Blucro

Blucro Blue Snail

Jan 25, 2017
    Male
    10:39 PM
    Darcro
    Chief Bandit
    Harmony
    IMHO there's already a way to skip the boat... give up a gach ticket and spend some vote cash on a teleport rock! I think speeding up the boat system will make the game less authentic as a nostalgic server.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:39 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    my opinion is....

taking boat should be general option, and skipping should be "additional" or "extra". if skipping come with super low cost, it's kinda same with "removal of taking boats".

so matter is cost. for this, each ppls income for time is different. for example, even if it costs like 3mil/skip, saving 10min is much better for me. (fk this player)

so, I think, cost should be different for ppls lvl. like,

skipping cost : Characters lvl ^ 2 * 100 (10k for lvl 10, 90k for lvl 30, 250k for lvl 50, 490k for lvl 70, 1m for lvl 100, 1.44m for lvl 120, 2.25m for lvl 150, 4m for echo mules)

for balance and let it be optional, but selectable and resonable option.

shouldn't be linear for lvl, cos it costs too much for low lvls, or too less for high lvls.
    and shouldn't be fixed price, cos from certain point, it becomes "general", not optional.

additional, I'm totally agree with LionheartLionheart for his cc1 suggestion. <333333

• Like Like x 2
  4. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    7:39 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Every mule of high lvl will jut skip like hell while new ppl got screwed. Not fair at all.

5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    they don't do all stuffs with only mules. (and their mules lvl isn't so low)

for my case, if I had to move 2 high lvl chara and 1 mule (this is general case for me), and can't cost 8m for my high lvl charas so decided to take boat, i'd take boat on my mule also to match time.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  6. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    2:39 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    Niqqa how you gonna charge an echo mule 4m to take a boat when they generally don't have a source of income on that character? gach to generate funds for boat skipping?
    Echo mules took enough boat rides in their time here. Should be free for 200's imo.

Kappa but kinda not Kappa the more I think about it

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You're the person who even types @epm on echo mule go farm mesos you lazyass MapleF5

Kappa. would be nice compensate for your (and our) hard journey. but ye, I think it's out of topic, but still insteresting compensation. hehe

(my honest opinion is....statue plz LOL...but ye. compensation for echo mule isn't suit topic on this thread i think :p)

• Like Like x 1
  8. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    And what if they dont self leech and just funded players? Why will they have the time adv just cos they are rich........

9. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    2:39 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    Word up!

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Why will they have all nice scrolls, books, and gears cos they are rich.........

dude, maple world is not soviet union......

Capitalism. and i voted on 1, not 3.

11. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    LOL
    but still... its not fair in my opinion

12. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    12:39 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    I voted option 3 and let me tell you why. I think what most people aren't understanding about option 3 is that skipping isn't supposed to be the default. The reason behind the large fee is to create a luxury market. Riding boats is nostalgic and it creates a sense of vastness within the maple world, this should stay. If somebody is in a time crunch, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to pay to save some time. (Say they are late for a boss run) I think the implementation of both a meso sink and a premium time saving service would be good for the server. Now you might ask, "why make it expensive?" If the skipping service is placed at a negligible fee, then it essentially nullfies usage of the boats, as one option is objectively better than the other. There must be an equilibrium between the time/cost ratio that makes both sides viable. I think Cozy brought up a great idea of scaling the cost based upon level. Anyways, this is just my two cents.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dyslexic

Dyslexic Blue Snail

Dec 12, 2016
    Male
    6:39 AM
    MrSnail
    Beginner
    I found this idea appealing^

As well as this one^^

On top of those two ideas, change the boat to ch 1 only. I'm assuming most of the new player base is coming from Royals. As a person that's been playing since 50 people online at once was the average, I think Legends is a unique experience to have in 2017, and if you can't restrain your MapleStory addiction for 10 minutes (hell, just socialize on the boat or talk in buddy/guild/alliance chat) you should probably just go back and wait for your shitty Royals server to come back from the dead. I think MS's popularity is what killed it. Take note

• Like Like x 1
  14. MikMuk

MikMuk Orange Mushroom

Jan 16, 2017
    Male
    5:39 AM
    MikMuk
    I/L Wizard
    CookieClub
    Not so. An analogy: Outside Zak's altar the NPC gives you a choice; a) fight Zak for prestige and loots, b) spend 10 mil mesos, no need to fight - just get loots.

The boats are part of the game. But given an option people will skip for the same reasons they would choose option b) and not fight Zak.

Having an option to skip boats changes fundamentals.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    I'm all for keeping the boat rides, it's fundamental part of the classic experience. I voted "yes" because a couple could stand to have times adjusted, which I think would be a much more popular result if it were a bit more specific as an option. Just my two cents.

16. guto

guto Slime

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    1:39 AM
    No! Boats should remain mandatory ONLY, otherwise no one will use it and it might be unfair to poor players

• Like Like x 1
  17. HomeBone

HomeBone Slime

Mar 14, 2017
    Male
    6:39 AM
    HomeBone
    Islander
    That's just a bad analogy, seeing as from boat rides there's nothing to gain. (Apart from the occasional socializing, but most people just seem to afk)

To be honest, it just seems arbritary that travelling between continents takes 5 - 10 minutes and requires you to be there to board the ship, seeing as how using the taxi just instantly takes you anywhere.

Yes, there's nostalgia in boat rides, but i've yet to find that same feeling from boatrides in any private server. So i wouldn't have anything against an option to skip them. (Or just only boatrides in ch1, to have more people there)

• Like Like x 2
  18. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    10:39 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Hm.. it's their problem for not farming mesos?
    I mean, is it not fair that there are people that can afford pots and there are some that can't afford pots?
    It's unfair that people can do shopping around FM stores and poor people can't?

You gotta work hard alittle to afford things..

• Like Like x 1
  19. guto

guto Slime

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    1:39 AM
    But what i mean is that money payment seens to be unfair to new players, since high lvls make mesos easier.Maybe it should be a small amount(like 10k) for everyone, or not pay at all. What CozyCozy said about gradual payment sounds really nice too.What about NX payment for skiping the trip, is it even possible?I think it would be fair to everyone, and people would not use it all the time.

20. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    Teleport rocks??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.