1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Community Poll) OPTION for Boat Ride Skipping

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Hiyo, Mar 20, 2017.

Should skipping OPTION of boat rides be a feature in MapleLegends? (you can still ride the boat)

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. No! Boats should remain mandatory ONLY

111 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes! An option to skip would be nice

74 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes! An option to skip would be nice, but make sure it's expensive

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty

Witty Brown Teddy

Feb 15, 2017
    Male
    10:09 AM
    Witty
    Crossbowman
    LIN NEW VID TODAY PLEASE MapleF5

2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    3:09 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Look out this weekend

• Like Like x 2
  3. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    12:09 AM
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    I'm glad that those who want away with the boat-wait will lose this poll :)

The first comment on this thread describes my thoughts precisely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    Man i'm banned and the staff won't return my donated money.. And i'm still here supporting this game. Tbh the poll shouldn't even be created in the first place..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Breogan

Breogan King Slime

Jan 9, 2017
    9:09 AM
    Breogan, Corvan
    Bandit, Pirate
    Should skipping OPTION of boat rides be a feature in MapleLegends? (you can still ride the boat)
    Very good comments in this thread. :) Can't quote so much.

To put it simple: I don't get it. :confused: An option to skip the boat rides is already a feature implemented in MapleLegends. It is called Teleport Rock. :banghead: Damn sure I voted for first option.

6. omar79

omar79 Blue Snail

Mar 13, 2017
    Male
    3:09 AM
    roumie55
    I was just about to make a thread talking about how you should add the feature of choosing to ride the boat or skipping it and id like to say
    I AM COMPLETELY FOR THIS SKIPPING OR CHOOSING THING please implement it for my later children that play legends

• Like Like x 1
  7. omar79

omar79 Blue Snail

Mar 13, 2017
    Male
    3:09 AM
    roumie55
    Also id like to add for you guys who want the nostalga, yes ofc it would suck if they completely took it out but theyre not. theyre adding the option of skipping or riding it. by all means you can spend 10 minutes of your life riding it but you can also skip

• Like Like x 1
  8. Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    After playing MapleRoyals for 3 years, NOBODY used the ship. I used the ship here and there for nostalgia and because i was bored AF, i never saw anyone, except i rarely saw 1 person waiting a ship with me, but 1 only?! MapleRoyals had 1000+ players at that time.

What does MapleLegends have? Barely 300.

Nobody would use ships if you can skip.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:09 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This is why I'd insist that if there is a skip you can buy, the cost is absurdly high. Then we'd have a meso sink too!

10. DarkKirisaki

DarkKirisaki Red Snail

Mar 29, 2017
    3:09 PM
    From a pragmatic point of view... I say either reduce the ship rides time or give a way to skip ride with prices.

Guys... Nostalgia has a limit. I'm not saying we start adding warp gates thingy but what if ppl need to meet up urgently? Like guild pq or something? If you can remember the frustration of waiting for someone back in the days then I like to remind you guys you are (mostly) working adults now and have less time to play. Imagine cancelling gpq just because one cannot make it since one person is in other continent and by the time they reach they wasted much time and then they have to wait next week when everyone is free from work.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    This guild meeting thing is really starting to get on my nerves. I've been on multiple guilds and i've never EVER had an emergency meeting or something like that. That's just a stupid excuse to ruin the nostalgia. BUT that is nostalgia man, we are in a hurry to zakum, so we are taking a ship and we meet other players as well. Other players ask '' where are you guys going '' you guys say '' we are going to zakum '' That is nostalgia man, meeting different players on the way while you form friendships. If your guild master is so stupid to ask everyone to come to aquarium without telling it to your guild, then that's his / hers problem. If you really consider yourself being an adult here and '' work '' then quit this server and go to MapleRoyals. Someone complained about being an adult with no time in game, and told me that ships should not be mandatory, i told him that you've been a kerning hoe for the last 3 hours and you've been on for like 10 hours today, and you can't wait for a ship?! Don't make me laugh, i work too man but i still have time for ship rides ( except i got banned for the most stupid reason AGAIN ).

That's life in maplestory, you don't want to make everything like royals just because you work?! People would rather join Royals since it has this '' non mandatory ship '' feature. Most players here have a lot of time and joined this server for pure nostalgia ( or me because i've been banned from like 3 servers haha ) .

12. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Honestly, a huge amount of problems that ppl see here, can be solved with Tele rocks. When i have to do a boss, or a GPQ, most of the times are things i had planned, but if that is not the case, just save one day of voting, don't use it on washing, and buy a VIP tele rock when is necessary. That solves all the problems in my opinion (considering that there is no real money lose on that Tele, i see it like a win-win.)

So, finding a strong argument against the boats, is pretty hard. The only thing, as i already said, is the fact that you can't go over some boats 1min before it goes. I think the real struggle is watching the boat go in yor face, not the fact of having to take it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Going close this topic now as the poll is over.

Thank you all so much for the feedback, and HiyoHiyo for the idea on making a poll in first place ~

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.