1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Archer Comprehensive Guide from Archer to Bowmaster

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by cosmynx, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    8:19 AM
    Uite cine s-a trezit din somn :))

Hello Cosmin,nice guide.

2. OP
    OP
    cosmynx

cosmynx Red Snail

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    10:19 PM
    CosmynX
    Magician
    A sidenote:

If Double Shot actually is 92% at level 1, then that would mean the damage increase by leveling up Double Shot from level 1 to 20 is 76%, while the damage increase by leveling up Critical Shot from level 0 to 20 is 80%, which is proportionally the same amount of damage increase, so Critical doesn't have anything going for it other than the extra MP cost.

However, if you plan to train at Bubblings as you mentioned earlier, maxing Critical Shot first will make your damage ridiculously unstable, even more so than it already is. This makes Bubblings challenging to train on because they have 30 KB. Without maxing Double Shot the Bubblings will much more likely run you over, decreasing your exp gain rate significantly.

I honestly haven't had much problem with constantly whacking. Perhaps it's the above factor, if you train with someone else who can take the bottom at Bubblings well (a mage, ideally, but a warrior works too), you don't really need to worry about whacking at the bottom and instead just snipe from the top platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crystalis

Crystalis Horny Mushroom

May 28, 2015
    Male
    1:19 AM
    Crystalis
    Bandit
    I haven't had many problems with whacking at Bubblings. Sometimes it will happen while I'm trying to kill the bottom row when one decides to spawn in my face or I try to shoot too late. But most of the time, it works out fine, and Nimble Feet usually gets me a safe distance so I'm not overrun. And yes, I know the damage is made more unstable with critical shot, but it's more damage without having to blow more MP. In all honesty, it's very rare one of my shots from Double Shot don't do at least 30 damage. I very rarely hit single digits and even 1s at times, but most of the time it's a 1-2 hit KO with 3-4 hit KOs being very rare unless the RNG is just being mean.

EDIT: Didn't realize my questions were answered already. Sorry!

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:19 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    While we're necro-ing and this hadn't been answered yet... :cautious:

You miss because you dealt less than 1 damage, you can never deal 0 damage to a mob instead it displays a miss.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Big props to this guide, still using it almost a year later!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. prez

prez Snail

May 21, 2020
    Male
    Super late... but does anyone know how I should be assigning AP and also what skills to get from lvl 1-10?

7. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    12:19 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    If you're planning on HP Washing, roll for 10 INT and 5 DEX at minimum. Pump all in INT for the first 5 levels, then get the minimum 25 DEX for 1st job advancement.

For Beginner skills, Nimble Feet and then either one. Both Three Snails and Recovery are really bad.

8. jarkiro

jarkiro Red Snail

Mar 6, 2022
    3:19 PM
    Beginner
    Just wondering if much has changed in this guide, I'm following it now but just realized that maple weapons did not exact when this guide was posted.
    Weapons aren't too big a deal but just wondering if there was anything else ground breaking added since?

• Like Like x 1