1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Comprehensive Shadower Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Marty, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Scepter

Scepter Timer

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    6:11 AM
    Sceptre
    Buccaneer
    Shinsoo
    I'm not a shadower, but I'm guessing it's to do with MW stat bonus (as with most scrolling). Getting str from your equipment allows for a higher base dex and luk, which leads to more damage overall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    4:11 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    More scrolled str -> less base str -> more base luk -> more stats gained from MW

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  3. OnionKnight

OnionKnight Red Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    5:11 PM
    Onions
    Bandit
    I believe its because that makes you end putting less base stats on str for dragon khanjar.

4. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    6:11 PM
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    How long are we supposed to stay at himes for?

5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    you can pretty much stay there from 70-120+ until you can begin bossing and or grinding with mages with bstep (it's that good)

6. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    ME all the way till 120?

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:11 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    As you lvl up and your damage range increases BoT becomes more viable but generally you're best off using ME until you get a decent BS.

I personally like to switch things up often, going to a different map with ME or using BoT at himes/somewhere else. ME at himes is most efficient though.

8. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    Xqst
    How plausible is it for me to lv up from 70 to 120 w/o relying on ME? I'm new to the server, and most likely will pick Bandit; however, I don't think I'll have mesos to spare on ME :(

Is it too slow to lv up with BoT only?

9. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    11:11 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Nothing wrong leveling with BoT, there's plenty of decent grind spots for CBs but obviously it'll be significantly slower. I always encourage new dit players to grind with BoT and get some gear first before blowing up all their meso anyway; it's just not worth powerlvling to 120 and then getting stuck cos well...you don't do any dmg.

10. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    Xqst
    It makes total sense and it was my thought as well. I was just thinking I might get flamed by not using ME at all :dead:

11. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    4:11 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Honestly, though I don't have any concrete data to back it up, I feel like booming is cheaper than pot costs.

It may sound a bit counter-intuitive, but at Himes for example you barely get hit so you don't use a lot of pots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    It helps if you use lower amount of meso bags as well (there's a graph somewhere that displays the efficiency of meso: damage the more you drop) but if i remember correct the optimal number is somewhere close to 700-1k, long as you're dropping those you'll probably make mesos

13. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

This.

U might use more cash each hour grinding. But u will level WAY faster in that time. My experience is that meso bomb is not more expensive.
    I have levled 3x chief bandits without meso bomb and had now recently done it for the first time with hime booming on my 4th chief bandit.

I would recommend booming if ur just in a hurry for 4th job. But if u wanna enjoy the road and experience the true beauty of a chiefbandit you do it with regular grinding, combining band of theives, savage blow and assaulter for mobility. Thats one of the things that make this class so awesome. The fact that u dont spam one skill forever, but have to combine ur skills and look awesome. But it wont save u any money.

Actually:
    If u boom from lvl 72-120 you can be completely naked and still do the same damage. So u can just not care about gearing up until engame.

If you grind regularly you have to upgrade your items along the road to do some alrite damage.

14. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

I found it easiest to just use 1k bags. This way u can just look on your inventory and calculate how many bags u dropped instead of having to count each bag.

15. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    3:11 PM
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    Everything i can see is your meso bar MapleF3_Origin

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  16. Skadi.Lance

Skadi.Lance Slime

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    6:11 AM
    Shinsoo
    mate u playing on legends?
    do u rmb me lel

17. killerurban

killerurban Snail

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    3:11 PM
    If i'm bombing at nightshadows, do i exchange just the nightshadow badges by itself?

18. ShyMoon

ShyMoon Blue Snail

Oct 9, 2017
    8:11 AM
    ShyMate
    Bandit, Thief
    nice guide. what is the endgame weapon for shadower? It seems like there is no dragon kanzir in this server so..

19. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    You craft them at Leafre, gathering enough materials to do it SlimeGrin