1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Consider this an idea perhaps?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JesusLovesMe, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    7:17 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Don't be hard on yourself. I speak for myself when i say i truly enjoy when players share their ideas and suggestions freely. It's not that your idea is inherently terrible, it just happens to be that it's pretty similar to the confirmed approach.

Don't take the other comments to heart. You definitely have a distinctive way of typing which might be a bit confusing but nonetheless you shared your thoughts in the way you saw fit. Don't be discouraged from sharing your ideas in the future but i think it's important to consider (to the best of your abilities) all the implications your suggestion could have and absorb all the feedback given. Sadly this time around more attention was given to how you type and not what you typed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    4:17 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think a lot of it just comes down to readability. Your posts come across as well-intentioned but incredibly wordy and difficult to understand, and I think a lot of people likely just gave up trying to figure out what you were trying to say. It’s hard to provide feedback without understanding what we’re providing feedback on.

Please don’t feel discouraged to continue sharing ideas on the forums.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    7:17 AM
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Very much and sincerely appreciated to the both of you for the thoughtful and kind encouragements for me personally. I'm thankful, nonetheless, to even have receive both of your feedbacks concerning these words and ideas of mine. Cheers for being a participant of this discussion I'd suppose then. Of course, if anyone else have actual opinions of theirs, do consider posting them over on this thread whilst expressing what they think about for this topic in particular. May one of the staff member post their overviews as to reason their stance to this controversial movement, I guess. By the way, Merry Christmas!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    7:17 PM
    I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. The ideas, the drama, the sassy-ness and the kindness, its got it all.

OP dont take the thread so seriously not every single reply have to be 100% on topic, nothing you can do about it :/ thanks for sharing your idea though!

• Like Like x 1
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I like your suggestion and it favors people to sort of 'avoid' washing by giving them an hp bonus per level up ( unless I'm misunderstanding the first post) and seems like a really nice way to give ranged players a more comfortable playing field rather than a somewhat irregular top-heavy hp curve that the "[Alpha Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative" has however your prepossession is much more enjoyable without having to account for the prehistoric times of old maplestory -
    having to buy AP Resets with real money (Official MS) having to wait for vote cash then get bombarded by multi-clienters that has the skills to multitask than others (not saying this is a bad thing, the multi-clienters worked for what they're getting) to increase the prices of potions and hitting the wrong crowd because not everyone has the ability to multi-client depending on how old their machine is to afford certain classes that they would enjoy, with your ideas that you've mentioned gives people the opportunity to avoid such a daunting wait time and deviate from a character that they've been washing with 3mil+ vote NX and tried to have two suggestions in my thread which were the ability to change classes only after obtaining 4th job was and still is a thing in GMS, so I tried to make a suggestion for it and was told
    which wasn't the case of my thread, the point was voting 586 days to HP wash my character was ridiculous and I'm pretty sure theres other people that don't want to ever go through that process over again tried to ask for two things 1) revert the recharge prices or 2) implement a job swap; Thief chooses Shad if they were a NL, Bishop could choose to swap to I/L or F/P etc. so on and so forth every change would reset usages of books (a meso sink) but oh well.. can't say I didn't try to help.. multi-clienters are just richer irl and in-game. (having a better machine to open more clients, and therefore to a degree ruining the enjoyment of single client players.)

Anyways, I was told to ignore toxicity after reporting it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I really enjoyed your suggestion and hope it becomes somewhat implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Finally, at last someone has spoken up and out in favor of my proposal. At least there's still hope for the existence of actual intellectual beings roaming around in the time-consuming game none other than MapleStoryLegends. Now this is a long-awaited debunked conjecture or a breakthrough perhaps of being present in a "covert community" (i.e., private-server) that there are indeed still 'critical thinkers' with an ability to equip somewhat of a 'contemporary culture' to a what might be a controversial change, completely, actually..., in terms of comprehending an "innovative presentation" in which might seem meaningless to many...

I'm sorry, no offense intended but just a silly sight of my unnecessary rants, filled with sarcasms (unfortunately), forgive me please? :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:17 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yeah that was actually my case LOL
    I really couldnt understand everything. I would say that's cuz my english isn't that good but you all are saying it's difficult so maybe it's not on me

And guess what Im the most unbiased person in MapleLegends :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:17 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Sounds kinda biased

Ontopic; I feel like this is another suggestion that just freely gives people more hp. In that sense, I prefer the challenge system, where people have to actually put in effort to be rewarded with HP.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Put in effort to earn more currency/money of course what 'maplers' will associate it to be 'mesos' in order to even be allowed to receive or be rewarded with more HP then. Mandatory and possibly lengthy precious time investment might surely be the main issue to complete this challenge system I'd suppose.

Just like already tempting/forcing people to get the tier 1 - 10 rings for some additional all stat and that juicy boost of HP at 1000 cap we know. Sure, it's worth to spare some time to get sets upon sets of cards and be rewarded with one tier after another by encouraging players to fight all sorts of different monsters as they will then have to prove themselves as true explorers or adventurers to get all stats and mainly HP bonus and less desirable MP of course.

Keep in mind that mesos fees will (I suggest) be the form of payment to a custom designed NPC possibly like the lady from Lith Harbour who is responsible for the monster book rings. Of course, if mesos is needed in order to get additional HP boosts per level from 135 upwards for attackers (mainly range and might even to include well off melee players as well) up until level 180 so that all classes can now enjoy end game boss contents without being discriminated due to the lack of HP to survive the kind of damage done that is rather excessive and even overly exaggerated, I'd say.

It will also greatly increase the core value of actually having more mesos in the game, whilst it will serve a much more dynamic purpose, that will ascend the importance of having to make more mesos as it will be very much more useful in game, if only this system is accepted and really implemented.

Other than just serving its main purpose of buying potions and the seeming irrelevance of purchasing equipment in respective town areas for lower level EQs (up to 30 and 40 in some parts of Ossyria perhaps). I know that Zipangu of Japan offers players to pay for bathrobes and other equips like a paint brush etc. that can certainly be put to good use and has substantial relevance in MapleLegends.

Business with Tatamo for 20 and 50 million mounts (Hog and Silvermane) and whatnot. Besides, I think it is rather reasonable in my opinion to pay mesos in order to get extra HP from 135 to 180 all for the sake of being able to be given a chance to participate in boss-fights mainly for unwashed range players. So, having to regularly vote for AP resets in order to effectively play range classes discourages people from creating one in the first place. Not to mention of this becoming a vote2wash aspect that may similarly or somewhat implies to the pay2win notion that once existed within the prehistorical flaws of the original old MapleStory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    How were you all able to read the continuous stream of veeryyy wordyyy posts

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the suggestion is nice, but will turn in elitist, for new players if you buy hp you will be lacked to buy gear

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I think all people should wait for challenge system to talk about wash issues, lets give a try to this and for the beauty work staff doing

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    All right, not saying that the initial planned HP challenge update is not good enough given the fact that (I think) no precise decided details of requirements to complete them have been released yet. Mesos for HP in this case could be paid at later levels once the character/player has earned sufficient amounts for any necessary gear upgrades they desire.

Even if someone is already well above 135 (for additional hp gains per level up) he/she can still "pay for HP" to the designated NPC as suggested to be found in Lith Harbour.

Those who decides to take on the traditional NX AP reset washing route, they shall not be affected adversely by this overall system. If 'washers' reaches 135, they can and would be recommended to start converting AP (int probably) into their main stat for actual damage whilst still being able to "pay for HP" if they wish.

If they wish to continue washing for further HP gains, they are definitely allowed at the same time being able to participate in the extra HP helper quest. This would actually seem to mean that people who prefers spending NX to get more HP just to do end game contents and such may need to spend lesser after the implementation that was primarily aimed to help regular players, thus, benefitting everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Well, at least Jesus loves you

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    It before more etilist with both allowed, just need wait for the challenges and if it need a rework

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Using mesos to buy max HP is extremely dangerous due to the existence of multi-mage farming. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, staffs are trying to discourage this practice, and by pegging mesos to HP, it will encourage much more instead.
    Alternatively, using p.coin to redeem max HP is also extremely dangerous as it will further increase inflation of both WS and CS, which from my understanding, staffs does not put it in high priority, but will further upset the communities who desire to obtain end game gears.
    The level 180 limit does put old level 200 players who only washed till 6.5k at a disadvantage. Whether is it a necessary compromise that we have to settle for, more discussions is required.

As LeonardoJFLeonardoJF mentioned, it is best to wait for the HP challenges. But considering the amount of effort you put in to propose a different solution, is there something that you are not satisfied with regarding the HP Challenges? Or perhaps, do you worry that the HP Challenges is not sufficient enough to solve the HP threshold issue?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Not that I am dissatisfied with the HP challenge initiative that is underway/in-progress. This whole concept of an idea will give players another option if they prefer paying than questing for HP perhaps. Mesos will definitely increase as an even more valued commodity if it can be used for 'paying for HP' for sure. However, this idea should probably serve as an accompaniment to the HP challenge update still, in which people generally agreed and are excited about.

Players whose HP are actually still below the elite bossing prerequisite threshold even at level 181 and above by the time of this release can still redeem their HP boost for payment. And they will then get to finally counter the hardest hitting bosses in game (if they can't already) only with the support of Hyper Body buff on at all times as discussed.

Paying with in-game currency for in-game benefits is part of playing the game after all isn't it? (E.g., Buying exp leech services, boss helmets and pendants for gears and card collection service even.) So why not let players have the option to buy HP as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:17 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    buy hp with mp
    buy mp with mp washing
    buy mp washes with ap reset
    buy ap resets with nx
    buy nx with votes and meso
    buy votes with time

you can already buy hp

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    The point is, basic all boss that u dont need gear u can do with a minimal wash (zak/krex, some nt and some others) the other ones that you need much hp is the ones people only inv you if you well geared, so, mesos became a problem to buy gear and hp, unless you are elitist

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Sigh... I don't think people seem to comprehend or even appreciate my words of advice for the management team to decide for as being considerably viable and a method worthy of working towards improving the HP crisis issue for unwashed players. Since I am clearly underappreciated here in my own thread with the amounts of actual effort, I've put in to make my points for a post and responses to other opinions.

Silently doubting that people who reacts to people with apparent prominence in the forum have much or any regard for my words anyways. Whatever the point is, I am in no position or power to make an actual impact from the start nor do most of the people who bump into my thread actually care to show any support to my suggestion which can clearly be seen by the ratings I've received. It's fine, I'm fine, I'll find better things to do then...

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1