1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuing Shivering's 1-30 challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jafel, Jun 10, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    3:06 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Huge congratulations to SlimeSlime for winning the 1-30 Speedrun challenge in the staggering time of 3 hours and 35 seconds!
    Another very big congratulations to FeeedFeeed for going second in the 1-30 Speedrun challenge in the very fast time of 3 hours, 15 minutes and 1 second!

I'll contact the winners to arrange the prizepool!

I'll post some updates here later, among others video highlights of the runs, minor analyses, etc. :)

As usual, real life caught up to me so I don't know yet when the new things will happen. If anyone can do some basic editing and has time to spare the next week or so, please hit me up so we can coordinate that you edit the videos for a side-by-side comparison :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:06 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Woooo ggs! Kinda sadge not many people participated but it was fun o/
    Thanks for hosting this JafelJafel!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    9:06 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SlimeSlime EXPLAIN ROUTE PLS

On my end:
    This was less of a "do this as fast as possible" for me and more "how fast can I go while going offmeta and doing something silly?".

ROUTE:
    - As a Beginner, get a bit of STR and then go hard on DEX for consistency. Kill mostly Snails, Blue Snails, and Orange Mushrooms as they have the best hit/exp ratio. Buy a Razor at Level 5, which you can afford by hitting wooden boxes and NPCing the White Pots that drop. Leave as soon as you hit Lv. 7. Maple Island took 15-20min.
    - Once in Vic, transfer funds, Taxi to Heny, immediately go to Coke Town to stock up on pills, and rush Lv. 10. Most maps give similar eph, I just used the Orange Mushroom map on the way to Mushmom because it's super close.
    - At Lv. 10, job change, buy some guns/ammo, and head to the Pig Mini Dungeon outside of Henesys. Best EPH map I found because you waste absolutely no time pistol whipping (unlike Slime maps) and you're constantly shooting. I capped my DEX at ~45-50 (hard pumped STR afterwards) so I needed a low HP mob and pigs just worked out great, you FLY from 10-15 and then it really slows down 15-20 (you only have Lv 1 Double Shot and lowish DEX) but you don't have many other options sadly. During this time max Somersault Kick and put all the remaining points into Bullet Time (passive accuracy)
    - At Lv 20, throw your gun in the trash. Run to Ninja Castle to buy a Fish Spear, run to Nautilus to get some basic Lv. 20 Armor, run to Kerning to get 5 (should've been 7) 100% Spear ATT scrolls, round trip to NLC (RIP 7-8 mins) to stock up on Grilled Cheese.
    - Head to Lith, VIP Taxi to Ant Tunnel, grab an Acc Pot, and use your 50 DEX + Bullet Time + acc pot + max Somersault Kick to kick the everloving shit out of Evil Eyes way earlier than you should be able to until the end of the run.

I lost way too much time from 15-20 and having to go from NLC and back, but I wouldn't have survived the run otherwise. Either way I'm happy with my goofy strat- with better play I would have saved up to 10min but I wouldn't have come close to your time :)

Was a ton of fun, thanks for hosting Jafel and thanks to everyone else for not submitting anything so that I could get the 2nd place prize pool all to myself kek <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Wait for Jafel's video >:3
    Note - I gave up on spear pirate too early, and I honestly think your route with minor adjustmants is way faster than mine.
    I decided to go for Rogue because 100% scrolls, Ciders, and Paper Airplanes can all be bought from NPCs and are more than enough to make Rogue stronger than Mage (both of these being the strongest single target options).
    Having no STR and only the 25 DEX I needed to advance did not slow me down much at Maple Island, because green snails have the best EXP per HP in the game and pretty high spawns, so I just bullied them to level 7 and left Maple Island at 11.5 minutes.
    I bought enough MP/HP potions to last me to level 19 at the Lith potion store, as well as Sniper Potions and Nearest Town Scrolls, and then rushed to Ninja Castle to get enough Ciders to last me the entire run (40) and 2 sets of Paper Airplane throwing stars.
    The Ciders helped me reach level 10 relatively quickly at Around Lith Harbor.
    While I was at Kerning for advancing I also picked up a Garnier from the shop (has 1 more w.att than the one the job instructor gives you), a blue top thing that gives 1 luk, and 8 claw for att 100% scrolls from the scroll seller in the swamp. (1 for my Garnier, and 7 for my level 15 claw which I planned on getting at level 19 in NLC)
    My strategy was 10-19 at the Octopy map to the top left of the map to the left of Kerning, because I didn't wanna bother changing spots and they get pretty good at 12+
    And 19-30 at a lesser known spot which is Jungle Clearing, the Boomer map in NLC. (I also got my level 15 claw and Grilled Cheese there)
    Boomers kill themselves if you deal more than 50% of their HP, and you gain more exp the more damage you dealt past that.
    Meaning, if you deal 60% of a Boomer's HP in 1 blow, that Boomer dies, and you get 60% of the total EXP it gives when it dies normally.
    What makes this map insane for Rogues is that a level 20-29 rogue almost always deals 50%-100% of their HP in a single attack (closer to 50% at lower levels and closer to 100% at higher levels) which means there is almost no overkill exp waste. The map is also really close to town and drops some 19 att throwing stars which helped me go back to town less. That's the basic route, some subtle nuances were used too, but you'd have to wait for Jafel's video for those :3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    3:06 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I can already share this very spicy revelation that you died in literally all your runs. MapleF3

• Like Like x 1
  6. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    9:06 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    mfw lost to a noob who can't even keep his 1st job character alive

• Like Like x 2
  7. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    The run before the record I got 3 hours and 8 minutes with 3 deaths :')

• Like Like x 1