1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Crash after few minutes of interaction.

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Myrosb, Dec 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    10:58 PM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Hello,

I'm experiencing some issues with running the game and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The game runs fine if I'm not doing much in the game, however, if I start to play and use abilities the game crashes after a few minutes. It's happened when I was moving between maps, and when i've been playing my bishop at ghost ship leeching my mule. The mule's client never crashes, but the one that I interact with will inevitably crash after playing for a bit. It also isn't consistent, in that I will sometimes crash after 1-2 minutes of playing, and other times crash 5-10 minutes. I should also add that its happened on different characters in different maps.

I searched on google and found a couple threads here, where Firewall and virus protection software was brought up as a solution. I've checked my exception rules on firewall and maplelegends has 4 rules made all allowing the program. I'm using malwarebytes and I can't seem to see anything that is interfering with the program either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    - Myro

2. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    I just read a thread about compatibility mode, I checked and ML was set to windows98. I changed it to windows 7 and will update this thread accordingly based on how it runs after a bit.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    98/me is definitely a setting you should not set it as. Hopefully that fixes it.

4. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Been playing for about an hour now with no issues. That seems to be the problem, however, I'm confident that I never touched those settings. I wonder how it got set to windows 98/me. Thank you for checking in Kimberly.

Update- multiple hours of no crash. It was definitely the windows98/me compatibility mode.