1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

CWKPQ Balance Notes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by OhDoggo, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Bowmaster
    Hello everyone!

As some of you may have seen a teaser as well as a Zombify teaser in our discord channel, we are now eager to publicly announce that Crimsonwood Keep PQ is actively being worked on and will be coming to Legends in near future!

To those who have already experienced this party quest back in GMS, you might also remember that some of items that dropped from this PQ were known to be extremely over-powered and game breaking. As a result, we have discussed and taken some steps to ensure that all items acquired during this party quest will still fit in place and its economy of MapleLegends. Notable Balance changes we have done includes, but not limited to, Mark of Naricain, Blackfist Cloak and few USE items dropped on the bonus stage.

Mark of Naricain:

Due to the overpowered nature of MoN, we have decided to adjust its base weapon attack from (9~11) to (1~3) while keeping other stats unchanged. The pendant will also be untradable and one-of-a-kind.

Q: Why reduce Mark of Naricain's attack by so much?

Mark of Naricain was a pendant that greatly overshadowed it's lesser; Horntail pendant in GMS, and essentially made Horntail pendant redundant with MoN's release. So we've decided to keep MoN in line/a tiny bit worse by reducing its weapon attack. Horntail can be regarded as one of the primary end game bosses/content in Legends, and as such, must have a reward that makes it appealing to fight for vs CWKPQ. This party quest itself already has quite a hearty drop list that makes it worth doing (bonus stage drops); therefore, nerfing the MoN allows Horntail to retain it's end game pendant and still give incentive to fight Horntail.

Q: How did you guys go about nerfing Mark of Naricain?

We've used formulas from different stat/att range threads with regards to BBB MapleStory as well as attack range calculations with the two different pendants, different stats and different classes. This was done to ensure we weren't overly nerfing it, and to make sure it was only slightly weaker than Horntail pendant.

Blackfist Cloak:

The Cloak has also been adjusted to keep it inline with Pink Gaia/Adventurer cape. We have adjusted its weapon attack from (3~5) to (1~3) while increasing its base HP from (110-130) to (200-300).

Along with MoN, this item will also be untradable and one-of-a-kind with having no slots to use the chaos scroll.

Q: How did we go about adjusting Blackfist Cloak?

The base stat of Blackfist Cloak were far too strong for a farmable item, since PAC/PGC already exist within the game and also in plentiful amount. However, since the cape innately came with HP and to keep it somewhat more appealing, we decided to give it a bit more HP alongside reducing the attack, slots, as well as making it untradable and one-of-a-kind.

Drop Adjustments:
    Bonus stage drop list has also been altered for balance reasons:

+ = Item added
    - = Item removed
    ∞ = Adjust

+ Spectrum Goggles
    + Every weapon 30% attack scroll
    + Crushed Skull
    - Green Mittens
    - Green Dragon Sleeve
    - Elemental Wand 5
    - Blizzard 30
    ∞ Gelt Chocolate (Untradable)
    ∞ Banana Graham Pie (Untradable)

Summary:

• MoN will be Nerfed to be kept inline with Horntail Pendant.
    • Blackfist Cloak will be nerfed to be kept inline with current state of end game equips.
    • Ability to gain more 30% scrolls (More to come in the future).

*A 6 all stat, 3 attack MoN is roughly 2-3 stat weaker than a max stat egged Horntail pendant.

**The nerfed MoN (max stat) may also be stronger for a few classes due to the way the attack range formulas and modifiers work for pre big bang, but certain stat thresholds and level/mastery must be met.

A friendly reminder that none of these changes are final and subject to change, so please be sure to let us know if you guys have any suggestions or feedback on what else should be looked into.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Drauds

Drauds Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Jun 21, 2017
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Drauds
    Beginner
    ---- Traduccion a Español ---

Hola MapleLegends!

¡Algunos de ustedes ya vieron el adelanto en el canal de Discord!

Para aquellos que ya lo vieron y quieren saber más acerca de cómo se balancearán las cosas, aquí están las notas del balance (CWKPQ). El balance incluye cambios a Mark of Naricain, Blackfist Cloak y los drop del bonus.

Hemos decidido ajustar el ataque del pendiente a 1-3, que anteriormente era de 9-1 para que esté ligeramente por debajo del Horntail Pendant. Los demás atributos del pendiente serán los mismos.

MoN no podrá ser intercambiado y solo se puede tener uno en el inventario.

¿Por qué se reducirá tanto el ataque de MoN?

El Mark of Naricain fue un pendiente que le quitó toda la importancia al Horntail Pendant en GMS, e hizo que el Horntail pendant sea redundante con el lanzamiento del MoN's. Así que se decidió que hay que mantener el MoN en balance con el Horntail pendant Horntail se puede considerar uno de los jefes finales en Legends, por tanto, debe tener una recompensa que haga que valga la pena pelea. Mientras tanto, la CWKPQ ya tiene una lista de premios que hacen que valga la pena (drops del bonus).

¿Qué consideramos ajustando el Mark of Naricain?

Usamos fórmulas del rango de ataque del Maplestory de antes del Big Bang y cálculos del daño usando ambos pendientes, diferentes stats y diferentes clases. Esto fue para asegurarse de que el nerf no sea demasiado, pero que sí sea inferior al Horntail Pendant.

La capa Blackfist Cloak también ha sido ajustada para balancearla con respecto a la pink gaia/adventurer cape.

Stats de Blackfist Cloak antes del nerf: 3-5 ataque 110-130 HP 43-53 magic def 5 slots

Stats de Blackfist Cloak después del nerf: 1-3 ataque 200-300 HP 43-53 magic def 0 slots Untradeable y One of a Kind

¿Qué consideramos ajustando la Blackfist Cloak?

Los stats base de la Blackfist Cloak antes de ajustarla son demasiado altos para algo que puede ser farmeado, teniendo en cuenta que ya existe la pink gaia/adventurer cape. Debido a que la capa ya tenía algo de HP, para que sea atractiva, hemos decidido darle un poco más de HP además de reducir su ataque, slots, y hacer que no se pueda intercambiar y que solo se pueda tener una en el inventario.

Ajustes a los drops

Los drops del bonus también han sido cambiados

+ = Agregado
    - = Removido
    ∞ = Ajustado

+ Todos los scroll de ataque de 30% para armas
    - Green Dragon Sleeve
    - Elemental Wand 5
    - Blizzard 30
    ∞ Gelt Chocolate
    ∞ Banana Graham Pie
    ∞ Ssiws Cheese

Resumen:
    - Nerf al MoN para balancearlo con respecto al Horntail Pendant
    - Nerf a la Blackfist Cloak para balancearla con respecto a los equips finales que hay actualmente en el juego
    - Se pueden farmear los scrolls de 30% scrolls (Habrá más en el futuro)

*Un MoN con 6 en todos los stats y 3 de ataque es 2-3 stats más débil que un Horntail pendant con stats máximos y huevo.
    **El MoN con nerf (stats máximos) puede ser más fuerte para algunas clases teniendo en cuenta las fórmulas del rango de ataque y los modificadores de antes del big bang.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    9:16 PM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    PEPEHANDS HYPERS CONTENT BOIS

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    10:16 PM
    Shadower
    taxdog has been saved.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I agree with the MoN nerf and I think it was well thought out. I also like how you buffed the blackfist cloaks HP. This greatly reduces the need for hp washing on this server even further.

However, I dislike how you are putting zero slots on the blackfist cloak AND making the item untradable. You are overly nerfing this item in my opinion.

Could you consider choosing one or the other? I suggest either leaving it with slots and make it untradable, or take out the slots and make it tradable.

Of the two, I would prefer you keep the cape untradable and give it some slots, so that people could actually use the cape as a mid or end game cape. A 3 weapon attack 5 slot cape could be scrolled for stat or chaos'd for more weapon attack. It staying untradable is a fair trade off for the extra HP.

It has no resale value, so chaos scrolling it is a HUGE risk. It's not like Pacs or PGCs that retain some value if the scroll fails or goes minus. Also, if you scroll the cape mediocrely (to say 8 attack or so) you can't even recoup your investment by selling the cape (as you could with another pink cape).

Then again, I do get that staff isn't particularly fond of high weapon attack items as it is kinda OP, so if you keep both nerfs in i could live with it.

I'm just happy that cwkpq is actually coming to legends!

On that note, will spectrum goggles be included in the bonus prize pool?
    Edit: It looks like it will be. I probably didn't read the bonus stage drops list closely enough.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
  6. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    11:16 PM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Love that CWKPQ is coming, more content is always appreciated!

Although I think the cape will be dead content on release. Untradeable 3 att pac with no slots? I suggest making it tradeable with 3 or 4 slots so as to not overshadow pacs but still be somewhat viable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I don't believe Spectrum Goggles, as well as Arcana Crown, Blitz Helm, Power Mane, and Redner were originally from the bonus stage. However I think Crushed Skull, Stormshear, and Crossheider as well as the Taos were. Further clarification from people who know for sure would be nice.

Hooray! ... but it would still be nice if the egg quest was made to be re-doable like Kimberly proposed.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's good to see CWKPQ coming to Legends. Changes look good, except for the nerf to the cloak. Considering Ragged Black Cape gives +2 weapon attack and is tradeable, making Blackfist Cloak untradeable and 1-3 weapon attack seems like an over nerf. If Blackfist Cloak is untradeable and has 0 slots, I think the vanilla 3-5 weapon attack (or 2-4, perhaps) is fine. This would make it a nice budget option for people who can't afford PAC/PGC, with some heavy restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Bowmaster
    Yes, goggles are being included in the bonus stage. Just edited that in.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Zxion

Zxion Mano

Feb 28, 2018
    Male
    Zxion
    I/L Mage
    Unworthy
    I was excited to see CWKPQ coming but...no magic attack items? I don't know if anything other than the elemental wands were dropped in the original version but as an I/L mage I'm not sure of what I'd do this for other than the scrolls. :(

11. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    6:16 AM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Atleast give the MoN slots :(

12. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Swiss Cheese gives 200 magic....

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thanks everyone have that have provided their feedback so far. In PM and on this very thread. We'll have a re-through on all the items with the feedback provided and finalize everything after. We agree with a few points that were bought up.

14. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    12:16 AM
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    Now that the HTP has a rival..can we get a chance to re-egg? For many of us who egged a pendant without chaosing, a 6/6, 3 att MoN could prove to be better and this significantly changes our end-game goals.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    so lemme just drop all my HTPs on my chars, cuz i dont like the stats, and chaos em cuz now i can.

think they want to fix it for ppl who accidently dropped the egged pendant, not so people can reroll nonstop and chaos nonstop.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    What's wrong with rerolling and chaos nonstop? It's incredibly expensive and the gain is fairly small, just a few extra stat points.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    "expensive" tfw it used to be 180m, now its 90m or people just pay in apples.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    7:16 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    Make mon a ring or belt ~~ problem solved

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Who really cares if MoN is better then htpend tho :/ Just give me more dmg plox

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    7:16 AM
    Thief
    don't forget 30% glove att too please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.