1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Knight bitching thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alyosha, Nov 21, 2019.

1. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    4:58 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    hey man, I don't understand all these formulas and calculations and don't know if correct but if you wanna do some dpm test lend me your gears and we will see which is the better warrior. I will return 100% no scam

And that server is very similar to maplelegends in term of warrior buffs and eqs. Don't know how you conclude that hero is better dpm then dk when it is quite well known that end game dks do more dmg than heroes.

and hey man i said i didn't mind the sushi

2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I also think you didn't take into account combo attack charge up time every 3mins rebuffing which loses a good few seconds

I also think you don't take into account that heroes combo attack skill description does not do what it states and does less damage.

The se formula is also different for dks and they do higher crit number's compared to heroes. Your formula for combo attack+brandish and SE is not right.

Quote from mysterious source
    "Hmm from asking another hero now I got a theory about why hero does weak damage in crit. Advanced combo multiplies your damage by 1.9 when you got a full combo.
    Now my theory is that instead of calculating it as 260+140%=400 and then multipling it by x1.9 what it does is 260X1.9+140, so basically the crit bonus doesn't get increased by the combo attack.

If you calculate it this way your normal hit would be 260X1.9=494% damage while the crit one would be 494+140=634%
    634/494= 1.28 so it seems extremely similar to the damage you posted and I think my theory is probably true.
    If this is true then it explains why heroes lose to drks in 1vs1 (like that krex video with hero and drk) because you will lose at least 3-4% dps if combo doesn't affect your criticals, and it also means that heroes barely benefit from SE at all as it only gives them a damage increase of around 4% (while drks get around 12%)"

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    1:58 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Nobody should read the Combo Attack description because it's just nonsense. It's 12% per orb and 18% after Advanced Combo.

So for SE, Combo Attack works in the inconvenient spot for Heroes, while Berserk, a very similar skill in how damage is multiplied, is calculated in the more beneficial spot? Ok seems like fine logicSeemsGood

I'm not going to do the math for you. If you have citations then cool but this isn't even the right thread. Start a Hero bitching thread if it's really that bad to deal similar damage to a class that has to completely micromanage their HP and learn max hits/boss mechanics rather than just lazily tanking everything.

4. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i wanted make a suggestion to buff nls but cant cause gm ban me create threads. Can't handle my quality suggestions.

5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:58 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Sushi bump

Credits to the QUEEN for such a beautiful sushi picture

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:58 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Sushi bump

made some badges to support the cause!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    wear them in ur signature, TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE SUSHI HAPPEN!

edit: linked versions:
    1. edit signature
    2. open 'BB Code Editor' in top right corner
    3. paste in code
    4. save changes

"I support SUSHI!"
    Code:
    [URL='https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dark-knight-bitching-thread.27014/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/MgJ2JwK.png[/IMG] [/URL]
    SUSHI for president
    Code:
    [URL='https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dark-knight-bitching-thread.27014/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/4TfQnaB.png[/IMG] [/URL]

7. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    wait arent those riceballs? not sushi lol

8. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
  9. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
  11. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    2:43 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    SOOOOSHEEEEEEEEEEE

12. minahri

minahri Red Snail

Jul 14, 2019
    Female
    3:58 AM
    Minahri
    Cleric
    This potion dilemma seems to have been addressed a while ago and as far as I know sushi still hasn't been implemented yet :(. Is there a reason why? Is it rejected or is there not enough support?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. DingleDonkey

DingleDonkey Red Snail

Mar 8, 2020
    Male
    DingleDonkey
    Buccaneer
  14. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Sushi bump. Maybe they can be purchasable in the cash shop for 1k NX each?

Also any other DKs with maxed distance on Rush notice that half the time Rush pushes mobs just very slightly outside of the range of Spear Crusher? It's just for a second but you're left having to do a second crusher as the mobs are just barely out of range for a split second.

Going beyond 1 Rush is a mistake, and continuing to 30 only makes it worse. It just makes you unable to fix your positioning which is important to anyone who actually wants to hit anything (Right Arm, Mid Head in HT) as spears have even worse range than 1h swords and bw's now. It may be the longest stick of the bunch but it still can't compare to the reach of a book about pigs or a seal cushion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    sushi bomp
    [​IMG]
    new and improved sushi pride badge. put this in ur signature to show your support for the movement!
    1. edit signature in profile
    2. select 'BB code editor' in text window top right corner
    3. paste the following:
    Code:
    [URL='https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dark-knight-bitching-thread.27014/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nnv9cb6.png[/IMG] [/URL]
    SUSHI FOR DK!

16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    SUSHI FOR DK and CORSAIR!

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
  18. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
  19. Gaia

Gaia Slime

May 6, 2020
    Male
    Gaia
  20. Sumilidon 25

Sumilidon 25 King Slime

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Kapcom
    Dragon Knight
    HOOD
    I'm just here so I don't get fined. Also just buff the slow spear speed not like that would make Drk's op why choose a dark when paladins and heroes can do what we do better and cheaper? I just hate the slow speed spears :'(

• Disagree Disagree x 3