1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark knight Damage buff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artrex, May 30, 2020.

1. artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    9:04 AM
    Dark Knight
    Before you leave just read that post until the end.
    I have played a lot with my dark knight and i would like to say that they need
    to get damage buff.I dont see a point to play a class where u have to play really hard because of 55% of zerk and doing almost the lowest damage in the entire game.I dont think that hb
    is going to be so useful at the future.u ask why?people wash really crazy.Some thiefs/archers have passed the 15k hp just bcz of hp wash.I would like to see what do you think about that too!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Sorry if there are misspellings

3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    2:04 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    This is from just a few weeks ago with SI, SE, rage, and echo. 26.25m dpm on 3 targets or roughly 8.75m on 1 target is pretty respectable imo and doesn't need a buff. Not many people wash to 15k+ hp and even for those that do HB is still valuable.

upload_2020-5-30_10-31-57.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Like nl's damage was depended on se.our is depended on se+si.i dont see any bosses that u can go for 3 target with them expect cwkpq and 100% zerk only after wings fall.hb is not that Required if u dont get 1 hit.check another classes damage at this lvl too.

5. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Would like to see the damage w/o si since people dont have it a lot and another classes single damage too just to compare everything:p

6. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    These tests are a little bit older but SI adds roughly 15% damage. You can also zerk 100% through all of HT. If you can't stay under 16.5k hp (yes you have to wash to 30k hp with hb) then that's a player skill issue imo. Hardest HT attacks are like 10k so you've got plenty of space to pot before getting over 16.5k.

upload_2020-5-30_10-54-22.png

7. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    6m for a lvl 19x is not that much compared to another classes.I just like how there are classes that do more damage when u can play them with like one hand

8. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:04 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    That 6m is only with self buffs, SE is available in most bossing situations, and SI will be available assuming boss multiclient doesn't get banned.
    DKs with SI and SE will lose to NL/BM by roughly 30% single target dpm, in the endgame. Keep in mind this is single target dpm though, it would even makes sense if cleave classes had the same single target dpm as ranged.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    3:04 AM
    Beginner
    This. Dark Knight is a Cleave class just like Heroes and Shads. Of course the single target DPM won't be as high as a Nighlord. Also, Drks have the easiest time in 3rd job IMO (you can go himes soooo early with a priest) and they start doing lots of damage with crusher.

Zerking is a risk-reward system, but when grinding you should have it easily active at 100% at the time assuming you have 30k HP with HB. Now its even cheaper and easier with triangular sushi being sold at NPCs in ninja castle.
    Yeah, you have to ''sacrifice'' HP to do lots of damage but have you seen how high those numbers can go per line with a single crusher? You can 1hit-2hit mobs that other classes won't at your level. If you have a OP ski, even better for the ASPD.

Also, about HP washing. Yeah, there are crazy archers and thieves out there but keep in mind that while most really do wash, they STILL benefit a LOT from HB. Well, cause it gives you a even safer margin. HB is a party buff that have LOTS of value, so you have pretty much a guarantee spot as a cleaver if you want to run a boss. There is some rough bosses to zerk like Toad or Nameless Magic monster, but FishyFishy can give you more insight.

I quit my drk since it was getting expensive to grind due to pot costs (now trivial with sushi), but i can tell you i MISS those high numbers man. I think they're in a great spot right now.

10. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I wouldn’t call zerking a “risky reward system”..
    More like a system you have to adapt to, making risks, to get the same damage (plus minus depends on funds) as other cleaves

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    3:04 AM
    Beginner
    If we talk about bosses only, yes. But for grinding, zerking is indeed rewarding as the numbers you get are much higher from heroes. You can kill the mobs with less hits (early) and therefore grind faster.

With similar funding, i could grind at ToT Obv.4 waay earlier than with my hero. Also, i think crusher damage lines are more regular too and don't vary too much.

Edit: Typo

12. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Im a 15x already.thing is that its almost impossible to zerk well in some bosses at end game.zerk+crusher is same as aca+brandish

13. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    What bosses are you having trouble zerking in? Besides nameless and toad there aren’t any that I would say are impossible to zerk in. Even in nameless and toad they are both still zerkable it just takes more effort than other bosses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    2:04 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    juz delete dark knight and make a 15k hp range class

15. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    pls save dks... OnionF4

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Got a bit of nx to loan me?

17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:04 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Forgot I wrote that, but it's edited out now because it's not something I believe anymore. Sushi being available fixed any major issues I had with Dark Knights.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Diziple