1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Descending the Tower Into Oblivion: IL's new Salvation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whatdatoast, Mar 6, 2021.

1. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    5:31 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Sick of hearing mechanical monks shouting "HEY!!!" every 2 minutes? Or train for 8 hours/day just to find out you actually lost mesos from pot burn? Descend those god-forsaken steps of 5-6 to the peaceful serene world of oblivion, where our ice is actually useful. Here, you may experience the joy of one-shotting every mob in sight, and occasionally be graced with the wondrous 199,999 max damage, usually reserved for MM and Shads.

Note: all eph below are with 10% event exp. To convert to non-event divide by 1.05.

With the recent nerfs to 5-6F, we lost about 10-15% eph. Previously, solo (3h golds) with 1 leecher, I got 95/45m eph. Now I get around 85/40m eph.

Oblivion 4
    This opens up the viability of obv 4 leech (https://maplelegends.com/lib/map?id=270030400).

They have 141k hp, and you need 1414 tma to 1H (around lvl 180 with good equips).

[​IMG]

On epm 5, I got 85/40m eph over multiple tests. There are a few alternative routes here, so with some better planning, I expect it can reach a bit higher.

Oblivion 2
    Ok, so Obv 4 is decent, but 1414 tma is really just a pain to get to. Can we do better? Surprisingly, Obv 2 is quite great as well. The buffed spawns are quite insane here.

https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=8200010

They have 123k hp, and drop mithril and pinaka. This requires around 1300 tma, a tad more than 1H petri. You kill a bunch more of them, so PoT drops should be higher (although the lib still doesn't show it as a drop).

[​IMG]

On epm3, I got 85/40m eph over multiple runs. Again, I think my route is suboptimal, so there's definitely room for improvement. There's also enough spawn to do 2 mage here (maybe someone can help me test). Currently I use the bottom right teleporter to go to the top left, and navigate the rest of the map in a sort of Z.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk, where I try to come up with alternative places to train/leech. Also consider my previous peach monke leech (https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...each-monke-leech-an-alternative-to-gs2.38419/).

• Great Work Great Work x 26
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    8:31 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    This is really great stuff so far you are finding.. Thinking about one day moving it over to the training section where guides are and stuff?

3. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Maybe if I eventually get a good route down and it gains popularity. This is just exploratory to entice others to get out of the previous meta spots :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Before you can sell obliv 4 leech you gotta sell ToT pass to obliv 4 first

5. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think you can tp rock your HS mule in, and door in everyone else. I haven't tried recently, but I think that was a thing before. But honestly, selling ToT 999 quest leech sounds like a ton of fun.

6. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:16 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Sorry for this dumb question but why are we diving by 1.05 instead of 1.1?

7. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    We are a 2x server, and the 10% bonus exp is additive (2.1x) not multiplicative (2.2x)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    7:31 PM
    It doesn't work in ML :/

9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm curious to see what 2-hit exp rates are at OBV4. If it's decent, I feel like lower level mages can move to ToT earlier instead of living at ulu. I've been long wanting to escape the crowded skele maps on my bishop so I made an I/L mage to test out ToT, but I have no reference to see if 2-hit is even viable.

Would very much appreciate if someone could look into this for me. :D

10. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:16 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Oh my lord I never realized it was additive :eek:

11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:31 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This feels off to me as you need 1287 TMA for Petri getting an increase of 20 TMA should not bring up my minimum damage by 43k. as that's the difference of the two in HP

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm at about 1279 TMA with my lvl 159 Ice Lightning atm.

Or am I just missing that they might be Ice weak even though the library doesnt state that?

12. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    They are ice weak.

13. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 12.42.23 AM.png

Just did several epm3 tests at obv 5 and got 90/43m eph. Wasn't expecting it to be better than obv 4, but the teleport layout makes for less wasted movement.

That kinda eph was what I got solo at 5-6F prior to the spawn nerf, so really good. I'm gunna miss having baskets during events for the HS. Not quite sure how i'm going to bring HS in here....

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    I've been telling people oblivion 4 is op. Not just for mages ( please don't take my grind spots T.T ) but for attackers too..I grind here on my drk and with a decent duo you can manage 50-60 eph. Or even with a bishop instead of an arch mage.
    Test was performed with a 13x drk and 15x bishop duo. The bishop got 75-80 m/h while the dark got almost 60.

Oblivion 4 is awesome.

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hmm. Next time you grind oblivion 5 can you do some longer eph tests like 10min or higher. If you can consistently keep 90m eph, this is about 12% better than petri. Petri solo eph is about 76m no event, and adjusted you are getting like 85. 1hit requirements for oblivion 5 so high though :(

Also can you show rotation by taking a screen shot of the mini map and marking the spots you cast your ult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Alright, took me a while to get echo again to test (only 2 more levels before I don't need it T_T).

upload_2021-3-14_18-18-29.png

I tightened up my rotation and didn't loot anything for this epm 10 test. 95/45m eph was my peak 5-6F eph before the nerfs, so I think this is the king of solo mage maps now.

RtO5.png

So this shows the teleports in the map (T1-T5). The bottom left/right teleports (one-way) go to the top opposite corners. The top corners go to each other. I ult at the locations labeled U1-U5. My rotation is a sort of Z and backwards Z the opposite way.

Rotation:
    1. Ult at U1 (the take T1 -> T2)
    2. Ult at U2 (down jump to U5)
    3. Ult at U5 (teleport manually to U4)
    4. Ult at U4 (teleport manually to U3)
    5. Ult at U3 (downjump then T3 -> T2)
    6. Ult at U2 (teleport T2 -> T1)
    7. Ult at U1 (downjump to U3)
    8. Ult at U3 (teleport manually to U4)
    9. Ult at U4 (teleport manually to U5)
    10. Ult at U5 (downjump then T4 -> T1)
    Sometimes when respawn lines up right, I will do another back and forth on top from U1 <-> U2 before I downjump. If I fall going from U3 <-> U5, I will usually take T5 back up and try to reset, or go straight to T3/T4 and reset.

The best ult spot is U1, there are usually 8-10 mobs there (other ones have 6-7), so I will usually refresh my mg/booster there and wait for respawn.

I haven't really kept track of the meso drops, but I think it's decent. Raw meso per mob is around the same as skele (just harder to loot here). The neos top/bottom are sellable if perfect (same as skeles), perfect nisrock is ~3m, oa dex 60 and wand 60 are ~250k each.

I think there is enough mob density / respawn rate to consider duo mage, but no one to test with T_T.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:31 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Interesting to see Obv. 5 perform better than Obv. 4 whilst everyone had always mentioned Obv. 4 as the alternative for ice lightnings. I guess the added teleporters really help a lot.

I only just hit the threshhold of 1 hit Petri with 1285 TMA on my lvl 160 Ice Lightning but already looking forward to make my way through Temple of Time and eventually try these maps out!

And I guess having a boss spawn is a nice extra to kill once in a while

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    3:31 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Be wary of Lyka, it is the biggest problem with Oblivion 5.
    while oblivion 4 is almost afk and I usually just watch a movie while grinding there, for ob5 u need to pay extra attention because of the seduce. I do not say hero's will is a must but it helps a lot from time to time.

p.s keep charms on you just in case.

19. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    imo that's more of a pro than a con

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    upload_2021-3-15_11-38-50.png

If you pin right, and stand behind the right edge of that pillar, you cannot get sed.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1