1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disabling PQ exp (and alternative)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zooploop, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    12:55 AM
    Crusader
    To cut to the chase, it would be useful if one could disable the exp you gain from PQs. You see I am one who enjoys "completing" content and due to the bonus exp rates here I find myself leveling faster than I can keep up, leading to frequent suicide.

This is especially as issue with Ellin PQ as you gain quite alot per run. I thought at the max level it would only require a few suicide trips, but it ends up being about 5-6 runs per trip. Particularly Ellin isn't a fast place to kill yourself either. This makes obtaining the earrings tedious in a way I'm unsure was intended. So the idea I had was including an option to opt out of the PQ clear exp (doesn't have to include monster kills if it makes it easier to implement).

A much more drastic but equally useful measure would be a suicide button that functions in town but if such a thing is remotely possible I'm unsure.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    just take your equips off and jump in to a monster repeatedly, you respawn with 50hp anyways.
    dying isn't hard I do it all the time (in ML) MapleF18

3. Almighty404

Almighty404 Red Snail

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    3:55 PM
    I like this idea! WoW had an option where you could talk to a certain NPC and they would stop your EXP gain altogether... For whatever reason.

I also had the thought of having an "EXP funnel" system implemented here. Where one redirects all their EXP into a bank or an item which they can later consume, and choose how much they want to consume.

I agree, dying is overly tedious, and silly.

4. OP
    OP
    Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    There isn't any difficulty here, it's just inconvenient to leave your pq area to lose exp and continue for your unique reward. In LPQ you could at least town scroll and there's a nice place to die next to it, but this is not the case for Ellin, and you have to walk back in any case which holds things up for the rest of the party.

Another third alternative would be to have negative exp which I remember being a thing, you could reduce the issue slightly by dying more in one sitting and I don't believe a normal player dies that often that it could be punishing.

5. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    3:55 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    You respawn at fm if you die there. Jump off the top platform, rinse and repeat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1