1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion for Lady Boss (Anego)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siao, Mar 25, 2019.

1. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    4:19 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Let's keep this discussion going without calling out names FoxSpy

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    Why would u camp Anego when you can just self-leech?

Jokes aside, if we ever implemented whatever change to anego, other area bosses would have to be treated in the same way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:19 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    A lot of people definitely agree with this, there's no issue with the current system. If people want Anegos that badly, I don't see why they won't even consider trying to outcamp Norman.

This applies to all area bosses. If you need something, it just takes a bit of patience. Finding someone already camping there isn't the end all either. Especially for quests, it really doesn't hurt to ask for the kill counter/drop towards the quest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    What I do doesn't break any game rules anyone can create a character and leech/train it to the appropriate level. I'm not exploiting a hidden game mechanic and I welcome others to camp with me or against me.

On a side not though, anyone want to create 48 mules with me to camp all bigfoot maps? We could perhaps name these mules FoolDonkey01 - FoolDonkey47 hmmm.....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  5. Alxprit

Alxprit Red Snail

Jan 22, 2019
    Male
    Alxprit
    Ranger
    Personally, as someone who enjoys questing, it is immensely frustrating to find an area boss that has been killed on all channels and that I have to wait there or get lucky when I return to it. I dunno about the rest of you, but I don't find sitting around waiting for spawns... fun? I want to be able to play the game when I play it, rather than making it into this automated machine that goes on forever. Not all of us can make our Mapling into practically a full-time job, despite that some might argue that lacking that dedication means that you don't even deserve to be heard. But that's just me.
    As for the argument of nostalgia, while the game is very nostalgic there are also harmless changes made to the game that make the experience greater than it ever was back in the aughts. So if something needs to be changed with the game system, I'm all for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    Make it so you can't hold mapowner in more than 1 channel in the same map on clients from the same IP.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    1:19 PM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    I agree that if anego is going to be altered in any way, that same alteration should apply to all area bosses, because it does happen to a similar degree everyone else. Anego just happens to be one of the more visible instances.

That being said, as someone who does anego semi-frequently, I've found that the people who do put the work into camping it do share them with friends and sometimes strangers -- both the EXP and the timers.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. pie

pie Slime

Dec 2, 2018
    Female
    callmepie
    Hermit
    Agape
    personally i think if somebody wants to spend all day using 6 characters to camp a maple legends boss instead of doing something stupid like having a life, then god damnit they deserve it.

This comment is sponsored by Doritos, the snack for gamers.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    3:19 PM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    Killing negos is ezpz as long as you have the timers,mules,and a partner its very swift and fast.

Put the effort in and go on reset get those timers and be competitive, i see nothing wrong camping all channels because it doesnt break any rules, i guess an unwritten one.

In the end of the day they are better ways to get exp and thats self leeching aka make a mage class, doing other world bosses (which require more effort since you cant jusr sit still holding one button) nego is really good but you really got to put in an effort to get that exp off her, and dont be salty

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Also there's no need to go into personal attacks. It does take some time management and multi-tasking to hold the timers and be productive. In the past, most of the people min-maxing efficiency were doing so while holding down a full time job or going to school and doing well and overall functioning just fine. These are regular people playing the game their own way.

What I'm trying to say is, we all know Norman is a degenerate, but you guys don't have to call him out like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    I am by no means trying to speak badly of Norman, and used him as an example because apparently he became the center of this discussion, as people were trying to defend him specifically.
    In fact, he will probably be 200 by the time any changes are implemented, as these things take a lot of discussion and time.
    It is respectable (maybe not) that some people dedicate themselves this much to get bosses exp, but a single person or group killing a boss over and over isn't exactly healthy to the server, specially for players that don't have the same amount of free time and want to be able to kill said boss.

Again, +1 for the idea of summoning bosses, maybe in a mini-dungeon in Parlor and other area bosses maps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I mean, this thread was very clearly made with one person in mind. Just like how randomness was introduced to area boss timers because of one person at KSCs.

13. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    Technically if we were going for the “nostalgic” experience, anyone doing this would be banned for violating TOS. It was technically not against rules to multi-client but to multi-client to gain an advantage would be, which in this case would be an advantage that specifically impacts other players’ enjoyment of the game.

It’s all a grey area though because people could argue the definition of an advantage, how it impacts their enjoyment, etc.

The summon idea needs to be implemented. As someone who quests a lot, specifically the boss quests, it’s incredibly frustrating to see someone camping area bosses.

Shoot many bosses already have instanced areas where you can go fight them, like Snack Bar.

14. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    ?? It'd be dead when you get in the map regardless of what change they make unless it's the instanced boss one

15. Ludakris

Ludakris Orange Mushroom

Dec 18, 2017
    Female
    Ludakris/Snuggly
    Night Lord
    Muse
    Just a suggestion, but maybe make anego like Bigfoot? Create spawns in multiple areas and maybe nerf the exp given so more people have a chance to fight for it?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    I know you're semi-trolling but jesus christ milk..

17. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    My little playful idea for a solution..might be hard to implement:

Make it an instanced boss.

You must have a summoning ticket to enter the instance.

There are 6 colors of summoning tickets. You can only use one of each color per day, allowing for a total of 6 Anegos a day.
    This limits the number of runs daily.

Everyone in the expedition must have the same colored ticket to enter.
    This prevents what would happen if zak runs weren't limited to 2 a day.

Tickets can be farmed via 1000 untradeable etcs that have the same droprate as a regular etc drop (e.g., same droprate as orange mushcap for orange mushrooms).
    This removes rng quest etc farming and makes it consistent with time spent vs reward. The number can vary.

The etcs required for each ticket are different and come from different mobs. You could put them on different continents or even rotate them with different etcs monthly to encourage exploration of uncommonly used maps.
    This prevents one efficient etc farming map from being camped on 6 channels.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    10:19 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    i think the same people will just own those maps too

for some classes those bosses should be the main source of exp. and because anego is the best one i see why ppl want to see this change.

one of the server problems in my opinion is the self leeching. this change might help a little to solve it..

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    What does any of this have to do with nostalgia? If this was GMS there wouldn't be a @mapowner, and the closest thing to nostalgia would be hackers, KS wars, botters, and people griefing with summoning sacks.

Mapowner is a feature that was meant to help protect a map someone is actively training from KSers and as an efficient justice system for resolving any dispute over who "owns" the map. And yes, it's a feature that also extends to camping bosses, because it would be only fair for the person waiting and waiting for a boss to have dibs on that boss. However this doesn't change the fact that mapowner is being abused.

We need to reduce the time a map is held to about 2 minutes, maybe only 90 seconds. A little bit of a grace period, but still something that is difficult to maintain if you are actually doing other things at the same time. And also if multiple devices are being used from the same IP, only give one of them mapowner. If the whole "but my little brother also plays" argument comes up and we have multiple devices on the same IP playing at the same time, could either have a GM check if they are in fact two different people or drastically reduce mapownership time to about 15 seconds.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That's an interesting idea. I'd recommend not making it too complex or way out there. Simply make the ETCS you need to collect from the common monsters that spawn in Anego's room. And perhaps a combination of quantities from all monsters. For example: 300 Extra D fingernails+ 300 Leader A shades + 300 Leader B charms.