1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Let's talk about GunBound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Jul 19, 2018.

1. RedGor

RedGor Mano

Dec 11, 2017
    Male
    7:05 PM
    RedGor
    Deathsoul
    Let's bring back the good old memories!!!

2. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    6:05 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Avatar ON was always lame. Unless someone bothers on balancing every avatar, just go for avatar OFF.

Also what if you use Gunbound GP to buy stuff from an NPC. Kinda like GMS' "Monster Life". You could buy crappy pots and stuff. Might be too difficult to implement tho.

3. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    4:05 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    While I like the idea of having Gunbound around, I feel as though it may pull away from the ML community itself. If only it could be implemented into ML like a game of Omok, haha.

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:05 PM
    Moderator Post
    This is an initial concern we had as well, but I personally believe GunBound, especially in 2018 is no longer big enough to completely hook you away, since you can get bored of it pretty quickly if you do not have the friends to play with.

Therefor I see GunBound as a nice thing to play in the background or when you want to play something else for a bit, while staying close with your Legends friends.

5. TheFalseKing

TheFalseKing Slime

Jun 12, 2018
    Female
    Maple Island Janitor
    TheFalseKing
    Beginner
    :)
  6. Wilson908

Wilson908 Red Snail

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    7:05 AM
    Kenshi
    Assassin
    I played sooo much gunbound back in the day before maplestory too. I main mage an frog. Also loved the rooms called "Random Fun". I would love to play Maplelegends and gunbound.

7. Serch

Serch Red Snail

Apr 25, 2018
    Male
    SerchShoot
    Hunter
    Aloha
    Yes, Please PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE. This game would be a fantastic cool down from hours of grinding and getting fatigued. Loved this game in the past and only had an issue with hackers and cheaters. with that being fixed, I can easily see myself and my friends (ones not even in maple legends) playing this game for hours and hours.
    Favorite Mobile: J. Frog/Boomer
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Please make this happen. I will definitely shaaat myself. GG

8. hongjoo

hongjoo Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    7:05 PM
    There’s so much room and possibilities for integration if you’re serious about “combining” databases between ML and GB. Like custom GB avatars in ML? OMG

9. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    !!! played GB before I got heavily addicted to maple in my teen/preteen years! an amazing game always have nostalgia to get on and re build the equips I never had xD

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    6:05 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    I remember playing this game somewhere... it was only once but it was a nice experience

doesnt hurt to try again MapleF3

11. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Kim i am SUPER DUPER DUPER FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!! but you have a really valid point; the market could be too niche. I'm not sure if this gets implemented with avatar off completely, but I was thinking if there could be a mode where we can play bungee maps with max bunge stats. I really loved playing bungee maps like Adium Root Side A, Dummy Slope Side B, and Dragon Side B.

Good times

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It will be avatar stats OFF only first. This is for the sake of new users not going in the wrong servers and have a bad experience with the game. If there's enough demand and popularity a server 2 avatar stats ON will be opened.

All the classic B-side maps should be implemented as well. They were not there in the original Thor's Hammer game, but client hacks should make them possible. I can't remember if we did it already for the client we use or not, but we did it before in an even older version of the game, so should be fine :)

13. Vaessen

Vaessen Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Vaessen
    Beginner, Chief Bandit
    Honor
    yes, please. I am definitely interested

• Like Like x 1
  14. HL5 Vendetta

HL5 Vendetta Orange Mushroom

Aug 27, 2015
    Male
    Venezuela
    HammerTime
    Paladin, Warrior
    Simplex
    HELL YEAH KIM IN DOWN TO IT AND I EVEN WILLING TO HELP WITH MY SPANISH IF YOU NEED ME TO!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Nasser718

Nasser718 Red Snail

Jun 22, 2017
    Male
    1:05 PM
    Cleric
    Hogwarts
    When will you release gunbound ( pretty anxious to get back to it)

16. Mattmo

Mattmo Blue Snail

Jul 20, 2018
    Male
    PuffDaddy
    I/L Arch Mage
    Amity
    This is my first post in the forums, I didn't even have an account I just made one so I could let you know crazily happy I am to hear that you're opening up a Gunbound server! The only two online games I ever played in my teenage years growing up were MapleStory and Gunbound, MapleLegends has been super nostalgic to play and Gunbound will feel the same way. I have so many old friends who I use to play Gunbound with that I know will join up if you do go ahead and make this server.

This is awesome and you're incredible Kimmy! Keep up the amazing work we're all very appreciative with what you have done.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    : poggers:

hell yeah I'd play this if it went live LOL
    imagine betting mesos over BO3 deathmatch

18. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Applying to be a game mod for gunbound :D

19. kanon

kanon Blue Snail

Apr 27, 2018
    TreBlo
    Bowman
    Count me in!! I would soo check it out(I totally relate with kimmy's story).

This^^
    -Last time (a couple of years ago) I attempted to play GB out of nostalgic reasons.. I just remember being nuked to death by different peeps making the most impossible/random shots ever!! All succesful, one after another and game after game in some private server... That and the lack of active players totally killed the experience there for me super fast, I didn't play more than a day or two, it just didn't seem/feel anything like I remembered at all.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  20. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Season 1 was the best days! I also remembered playing KartRider back in the days :p

• Agree Agree x 1