1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do NL's NEED to HP wash?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by sashie, Jul 1, 2020.

1. boynumbertwo

boynumbertwo Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2020
    Male
    5:30 AM
    Sine Pb got released how are ppl gonna move forward from here? Nls need 12k hp to tank on magic attacks with hb. I understand that requirements are high to enter but it seems like a waste to me to spend months on a char that would never partake in certain content

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:30 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think for NL in particular you need to either have perfect gear and 180+ or have connections and 180+. There's a video where the NL has <10k hp with hb on pb clear on youtube though

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    8:30 AM
    I'm here to fill that spot

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    1:30 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Does anyone really know how much HP it's needed for MapleLegends' PB though?

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:30 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Same thing as PB in the original versions. Stats weren't touched for PB~

6. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    1:30 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I wouldn't know about original versions, but I saw a 2009 video and my take on it was (besides 1/1 attack):

Long range (entire map?): up to 12k damage;
    Mid range (supposedly avoidable): up to 19k damage;
    Touch: 24k damage

Is this correct?

7. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    Nah you don't need to wash, just get to like level 180+ and make sure you screech for Hyper Body every 2 minutes in your discord call for about 1 hour.

All jokes aside, do what you want if you have friends who don't mind you dying often in HT runs or Neo Tokyo fuck it.

You will also tend to die with HB on cause of lag when you fail to double pot or your elixir doesn't work.

Also scar is spitting FACTS, he should know as the number 1 sweat lord.

Maybe it's different now that the game population exploded but the amount of attackers outnumbered the Drks/Bishops bois, but taking low hp or weak attackers usually only happened for guildmates and good friends.

Though I doubt most people would want to consistently run HT with a high chance of failure when you can just invite someone else who put the time and effort to wash their attacker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Old thread but here is my two cents on this quote that was agreed to multiple times.

1. making a new character of the same class isn’t that much fun, think about how many times you like to play the game story driven game over again. Which is why we see a common quote of “I wish I can remove it from my memory so I can experience it over again”, because second time isn’t as much fun.
    2. More importantly you are not going to have as much fun because you have 200 int! Most people have fun in mmos when they level up, get new skills, kill harder things. But when you are missing 40 levels of main stat, all of those are just that much harder.
    So I guess my point is: value your time, don’t waste it getting a gimped char to 160 and be forced to start over! Look up sink cost fallacy, don’t fall into that, as soon as you realize the unwashed NL isn’t going to be what you want, ditch it before sinking more time into it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Pink Bean?

Yes, but its 19.5k not 19k XD Big Bang attack

10. MinuteFish

MinuteFish Red Snail

Jan 8, 2021
    Male
    10:30 PM
    CharlieM
    Beginner
    Yes, if you want to enjoy endgame

No, if you want to enjoy early and midgame

The sad thing about HP washing is that regardless of whether you have the funds/NX to HP wash the HP wash jobs or not (NL, Marksman, Bowmaster, Corsair, to an optional and lesser extent Bucc and the Warriors) you can only enjoy one portion of the game rather than the other

So there's nothing wrong with a HP unwashed NL. Its just that you're going to be playing a different game from NLs that start at 12, 13x rather than enjoying 1-120 but then not having a chance to enjoy a heft of endgame content. And HP washed NLs get to miss out on a lot of goodness also, and which you opt for ends up being a subjective + funds influenced decision

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:30 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    endgame content is overrated, FlorisFloris seems to have fun repeating 1-50

No shade though, most of the content is there anyways

• Funny Funny x 2