1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do not override GM buffs when a player buffs you

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cowbelle, Apr 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    3:27 PM
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Hi! I thought since buffs were being looked at, this might be able to be squeezed in!

I'm sure we've all experienced this -- riding the high from getting GM buffs, you go to your favorite training spot and find a partner. Everything is looking groovy... until your party member does a quick holy symbol and then after 5 minutes of training says he's bored and logs off... leaving you with no HS and only sadness.

I have also been on the other side, too, where I accidentally use my buff macro and immediately wash out people's GM basket buffs, and I feel awful about it!

I noticed that some buffs, like Bless, are not overridden even when I attempt to do so. Is there a way to have this for all GM buffs?

• Agree Agree x 16
  2. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Ooh! Love the context. Quoting from one of the linked threads of why it has not happened yet:

MAY I PRESENT TO YOU, my new (improved!!) suggestion: GM HB and HS (and all other buffs in this problem area) give +1 speed (or another insignificant-ish stat... hands??)

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    omg it'd be lit if we had +1 hands stat but I'm still not sure what hands does or if that's even factored into the buff

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:27 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    so basically hands is a useless skill, a perfect skill to prevent buff override :DD

7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:27 PM
    iPippy
    I'm pretty sure buffs only override on a stat-by-stat basis. If you cider over a gm bless, you would overwrite the attack but keep the defense and accuracy and such. And if the buff is still providing *something*, then the icon stays on the buff bar. I feel like adding +1 speed or hands or something wouldnt fix this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Well, unless you're a warrior then yes its worthless stat.

9. OP
    OP
    Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Waah!! So sad, but good information nevertheless. I had a feeling that if it was so easy to fix, they would have done so already.

so if i'm understanding correctly, it seems like we just compare the existing stat increases themselves and don't actually care what buff they come from -- and there's no logic when comparing % increases on health and/or exp.

I do also think there's another side to this, where (in my opinion) it has to be GM buff specific. Although there are times that player's overriding another player's buff is frustrating (for example, a leecher's mw10 overriding the leechee's mw20 they got from their other char in the FM), that could introduce a whole set of problems in itself IRT bossing and being unable to buff a char due to having a lower skill level of a buff.... buuuut I think that opens up another can of worms that I'm not sure is appropriate for this thread.

I guess I'll cross my fingers for the buff overhaul to address this quality of life problem!! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    6:27 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think this have to be done with some creative coding from the server side.
    Maybe marks certain buff on the character, and with that mark on the character, it will block out specific buff.
    This might be like how SI now is not able to affect mage (I have no idea how this is implentmented code wise).

Eg, a GM HB/HS/Haste/Bless buff, carries a marker to block all other HB/HS/Haste/Bless buff.