1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any unpopular opinions to share about MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 10, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    6:40 AM
    Henesys PQ could be moved somewhere else. Personally, I think it fits better with Korean Folk Town as it uses graphics from that area.

The gameplay could potentially be scaled up as well, and the rewards (i.e. A Rice Cake on Top of My Head) could be boosted.

Pig Town looks better as a regular map (or mini-dungeon) somewhere near the maps that are west to Henesys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    There are many repeatable quests in the game, and all of their rewards could be changed.

Although, I'm not specifically advocating for only a change of EXP, or inclusion of scrolls. Because while is true that some of the repeatable quests (e.g. 999 from Sleepywood) are terrible, I don't believe the only answer is to increase the base EXP of the quest.

Perhaps an additional item could be given as a reward. Let's say, this item — when presented to a crafting NPC — could reduce the mesos requirement needed to craft for one item.

A small change — or any beneficial change — allows for more participation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. momokoji

momokoji Mano

Dec 6, 2017
    4:40 AM
    Make Neo Tokyo Coins tradeable

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    Beginner
    the same people that do not want to take active bishop on maps that it can be mule smega like crazy for bishops on bosses that they want them to be in

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Maple TVs are not the only eyesore in the game — unused FM portals in towns are as well.

The easiest solution would be to remove it from all the maps they appear in, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    It's a shame that gender is locked into certain equipment and that there's no "easy" way to remove it. I still feel there was never any reason to stop a male character from wearing a Red Sauna Robe, or a female character from wearing a Blue Sauna Robe when — aside from the colour itself — they look identical being worn.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd also be open to seeing different variations of the same item in any other colour including green or yellow.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Starrust

Starrust Blue Snail

Jan 5, 2023
    Female
    1:40 PM
    Starrust
    Hunter
    Questing is the best part of the game. Even 999 Sleepywood quests.

• Like Like x 2
  8. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    4:40 PM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    event should not be 2 weeks late

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    :rolleyes:
    - Increased rate for perfect weapon stats from boss drops whilst decreasing mobs/crafting rate for perfect stats.
    - Skill books 30 drop-table rework, removing SB30s from mob drops and shifting it towards HT/AUF/ PB like bosses with a droprate of approx 1 in 99k rate or similar to existing Gen 30s. (wiping of existing SB30s from server).
    - Ciders 10,000 meso > 50,000 meso each.
    - Showa/Mushroom shrine teleport scrolls from 250 meso > 1,000 meso each.
    - Addition/Reuse of ACP, Summoning and Magic Rocks NPC in Henesys (alcaster-like prequest), possibly removing NLC purchase of aforementioned items. More Henesys traffic yay.
    - Summoning/ Magic rocks from 7,500 meso > 6,000 meso each.
    - Onyx Apples from tradeable > untradeable with a given 6 months timeframe heads up.
    - Stance for DK's 90% > 95%

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Smegas should now cost 20mill due to inflation.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    This aged well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I appreciate the Night Market. It's nice knowing that the mobs in Kerning Square (i.e. Bubble Tea, UFO Catcher), and Snack Bar were originally from here. So, I think it makes sense for them to stay where they are now.

But I will say — and it may perhaps just be me — that I actually played more on these mobs with where they were placed in GMS.

I don't think it's because they're any more different from each other, at least not in the way they have been introduced. But the experience of going to those maps to fight them is different, especially when there isn't any quick way to travel between Ximending and the Night Market.

13. duski

duski Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    MigueI
    Bishop
    Chroma
    Yes, excellent idea

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Cerceis

Cerceis Mano

Sep 21, 2020
    5:40 AM
    x0w0x
    果てぬ姫君
    I like questing, but I feel like the reward for killing 999 quests is kinda underwhelming. I am like (๑ŏ ω ŏ๑)!? That's all?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    HT pre-heads are anti-gameplay and a true waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    The killing 999 quests give pretty good experience around that level anyway, people should be grinding those monsters as well. So, it's not all that bad.

Don't they give experience though? Getting experience is still pretty nice.

17. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I miss having boat tickets. I'm always reminded of it every time I interact with Rini. In fact, all of the workers ask for me to be ready to get on board with my ticket.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's strange. I feel like a rogue for using this service, even when I am told that the workers are being paid by the "government". Although I do appreciate being able to get around and travel on boats for free.

I will admit sometimes I do get to my boat late. Even when the boat might only just be getting ready to leave, it is still there. I'm usually told then to wait for a few more minutes, and that's when I see it take off.

I sometimes wonder if changes will be made to that. That is, if you could still get on the boat, provided you buy and show your ticket.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    It's possible to play at 1x rates here. You just have to fight Jr. Boogie and let them put you in a state of Curse.

Of course, you can also repeatedly kill yourself many times so that you bring your EXP down to 0%. But I also sometimes wonder what it might be like for an NPC to sell a potion that puts you in a state of "curse" for at least 30 minutes, and not show any of the graphical effects for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:40 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    we should have instant boat with more fee
    (mesos sink + fast travel)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Then slightly fix the other meso sink "options" that were introduced and ruined comfortability of single client players.