1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any unpopular opinions to share about MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    7:27 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I
    Didn't suggest a change to supply/drop rates (as nice as it would be tbh) simply to buff the weapons/equips themselves. The extremely small percentage of people that want to godscroll the equips aren't going to stop provided they can afford it. The cost/difficulty step from nisrock->dsb->rev->timeless is massive, with nisrock->dragon bows been one of the largest. (Perf clean nisrock is 2-3m in fm, DSB 40-70m) timeless bows being 500+(?) Yet in a difference of 400-500m we are only "guarenteed" a difference of 9 w.att, or 4 w.att comparing clean max attack with nis, dsb, and timeless.

It makes timeless almost not even worth pursueing when you can have far less risk (shit leveling) more availability, and the ability of resale at the cost of 1-2 attack difference it is now (timeless vs NT)

Tldr: timeless should not be equal to NT, it should be the absolute endgame weapons due to the untradeable status, therefore being buffed in comparison to NT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    6:27 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think you'd be surprised at the amount of pushback you would get from Timeless weapon owners who already think they're too strong as is. Many endgame players, especially NLs, don't even consider anything but a +8 or higher Lampion as viable.

Keep in mind the levels on Timeless Weapons make a world of difference. My bow was already better than a perfect DSB even at just +5 scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta

1-2 is a huge difference from 0-2 on weapons

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    3:27 AM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    barely work in the first place

5. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    You don't need a heavily washed character unless you have the time to make one. Making a washed character is unbelievably easy compared to gearing up for endgame when you'll need it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    tbh they're both "easy" if you're willing to be a degenerate and/or patient WEW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    I think i'm just lazy lmao

8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    aren't we all

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Sure is, if you're fartsyfartsy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Since we already have something similar already every event when it comes to raffleling, 100 random monster - or 1 boss kill why not implement vote service. You do raffles on 20 characters everyday you can vote on 20 characters everyday

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    11:27 AM
    [​IMG]

Personally, I don't feel there was a need for the Swamp of the Jr.Necki. It's a map I feel this game could do without.

And, perhaps, or it might just be that I have rotten luck, but I have never found a single card from Jr. Necki here. I've always found the cards elsewhere; mostly from Damp Forest or Kerning City's subway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Ellinia:3

Ellinia:3 Snail

Mar 26, 2023
    Female
    Aquarium
    8:27 AM
    elliniabs
    Cleric, Priest
    Buff EXP of OPQ please, that's one of nostalgic memories but the reward and exp is uselessMapleF12

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Congrats on getting accepted to the balance team! Total Jr.Necki death soon??

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    9:27 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Every PQ (even HPQ) should have scrolls in the rewards table.

15. duski

duski Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    9:27 PM
    MigueI
    Bishop
    Chroma
    Hyperbody should be undispellable.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Beginner
    a quick take and adaptation from GM buff's avoid for BM's

Lowering Hurricane MP usage from 9 > 6 and some BM skills rework.

Focus:
    MP -16; (cast) accuracy +20, avoidability +20 for 300 sec >> to >> (Passive) +20 accuracy +20 avoidability.
    - translates to some insignificant dpm boost in specific scenarios for BMs who actually use this skill (DP, Rebuff)

Concentrate:
    MP - 40 , Weapon Attack increases by 26, Mana spend -50%, for 240secs >> to >> +30-40 avoidability, Mana spend -50% for 240secs.
    - 20-30 avoid lesser than Heartstoppers

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    passive would add another 20 avoid relative to current bm since you could use with archer elixir. if you just change to archer elixir you can avoid rebuffing at a small cost

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    yes change to passive was intended for bms who majority use archer elixir, so this is a base 20 bonus on top of whichever avoid pot they get or bless, hence the "bms who actually use this skill", whereby a nerf to archer elixir avoid or cost might be sufficient. Also for focus as a passive would allow for concentrate's avoid bonus

19. icymcspicy

icymcspicy Slime

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    Bobonaut
    There’s no reason why multiple classes cant be buffed at the same time. Just because heros and dks are in the shitter doesn’t mean we can’t ask for other class boofs

20. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    This was actually announced to be implemented many years ago (idr the price decrease, but you would be able to buy 2 resets per day, someone pls chime in/link thread if you know), and it received such a heavy and immediate backlash from some players that had already washed that they reverted the announcement and the price remains the same to this day. Washing time could have literally be cut in half and anyone who complained about the price decrease is a monumental asshole and an entitled brat.

Endgame is overrated and so many people are blazing through the most fun part of the game to get to boring and repetitive dailies.

In a PQ, if you are a washing NL who I have to babysit or a member that's not paying attention because you're multiclienting/watching netflix/jerking off and I have to wait for you to get your head out of your ass every 5 minutes, gtfo out of my party. Be present and pull your weight or leave.

Giant chairs are ugly as sin and I'm disappointed they were added to the game.

Maple TVs are also a giant eyesore that only existed in the first place so Neckson could make more dumb shit to sell. They look super out of place and the locations that don't have them (FM, Henesys) look so much nicer. They have become nice little gathering/sitting areas which is way more nostalgic than the presence of a giant ugly box.

Overlaps a bit with the first opinion, but you are a player who was donated money to the server or is an old player, you aren't entitled to shit. Grow up or get out.

This thread brought out something within me lmao. I AM tired of being nice...I DO just wanna go apeshit...
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1