1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dojo Revamp

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Invincible, Feb 26, 2016.

Should the Developer work on this Party Quest if its possible to do?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  1. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    10:50 AM
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Hello there, i would have a pretty good suggestion even if it would require alot of work from the developer im pretty sure it would be a great idea that we revamp Dojo and that we change the way it used to work so it fit with this version so we can add it up.

1. We would now be able to use potion inside the party quest so it would be no more needed that the boss drop any potion.

2. Since the main problem of this party quest reward is that we have no belt slot in our inventory on this
    version, we could make
    5 kind of rings instead. White (+1 all stats 0 slot), Yellow (+2 all stats 0 slot), Blue (+3 all stats 0 slot),
    Red (+4 all stats 0 slot), Black (+5 all stats, 1-3 slot)

3. We could use all the same boss that were there before in the same order, but we could add zakum then
    Horntail after the usual last boss.

4. Every boss would give a certain amount of Dojo points, the stronger the boss is the more point you will get,
    which will be used to buy the Dojo Rings and which mean you better form a party to get more far into the
    PQ so you can earn more point per day.

5. This party quest would be limited to only once to three time per day, so if you are higher lvl and that you
    have a good gear you will get more far into the party quest and will be able to gain more point according
    to the time you been spending on the server, which is pretty fair since it would be unfair that the new
    player can gain as much point then someone that been on the server for a pretty long time and that can kill
    stronger boss which is why the more far you get into the PQ the more Dojo Point boss will be getting and
    which is also why the party quest should be limited to maximum 3 time per day, so the new player cant
    just keep redoing the weak boss to gain as much point then older player that will require more of their
    time to kill the strongers boss in the Dojo Pq that will also give more Dojo Points.

6. For example lets say the first white ring would cost 100 Dojo Point, then the second one which would be
    yellow ring would require the first white ring to be exchanged for the yellow one + another 300 extra
    dojo points, then for the blue ring the yellow one would be required for an exchange and would cost 700
    dojo points, the red ring would require the blue ring for an exchange and another 1200 extra
    point, for the black ring it would require the red one to exchange it for the black and would also cost
    another extra 2000 dojo points then you would have the strongest dojo ring. (I randomly gave dojo point
    price if you guys actualy like my idea you will decide the price of it of course)

The only ring with slot would be the black one which would be the last and would have about 1-3 slot. There
    would be for example a chaos scroll 60% for ring only that you get from the same npc then the one giving
    the ring and that would cost for example 1000 dojo points.

8. The belt and scroll could be tradable so some people could use the dojo to be able to make some mesos.

9. If you die inside the PQ your done unless there is a bishop to res you, you will be warped out.

10. Make all the ring for the same ring inventory slot so we dont end up being able to wear 4 rings.

This party quest would probably make the server even more attractive and im pretty sure alot of people would enjoy it.

2. DariBoo

DariBoo Chronos

Oct 8, 2015
    Female
    9:50 AM
    Dariela
    Priest
    Halcyon
    Solo Horntail? i cant even solo alishar
    :kappa:

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Well zakum and horntail could be extra just for party and for the solo it would end up with the usual boss.

4. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    2:50 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Well magatia was scheduled for May 2015 and this sounds like pretty complicated stuff. I'd rather have more of the "to do" stuff before we start getting into new ideas. The ideas are great I just don't think it's possible, I'd love to be proved wrong though :p

5. DariBoo

DariBoo Chronos

Oct 8, 2015
    Female
    Dariela
    Priest
    Halcyon
    hahaha
    i was just kidding c: i love ur idea!
    its just me a forever noob who cant pass the 50 mark :D

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:50 PM
    Moderator Post
    I have already told multiple times that v0.62 does -not- support Dojo, Its not possible.

Legends will not focus on custom content. That totally defeat the purpose of the server.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:50 AM
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    The first step already seems like bullshit to me, the point of the dojo was to show off your party's survivability with only 8 mob drops worth of potions. No skill whatsoever and destroys the purpose of dojo.

Having zakum and HT as the last bosses is more bullshit, why would I use millions of mesos worth of pots for 10 extra dojo points when I can just leave and re-enter. Pointless.

8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Ooo really? I must have missed this. Is bosspq* also not possible? #MadeMeSad

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lt8AKQb1IM

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I wasn't aware that GMS had an earlier BPQ before dojo. That one looks do-able from the looks of it, but that's all I am going to say now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
    (that also is my favorite video ever ;D)

I would personally love to see it but no pressure ;)

11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just for info purposes but is this BPQ documented? I see people get agent points but what did they do?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    This is what I could find, when I get home ill investigate a bit deeper:

Boss Rush
    • Also known as: "Bosshunter Challenge", "Special Agent Training: Monster Battle".
    • Availability: ChinaMS, GlobalMS, KoreaMS, ThailandMS, MapleSEA, EuropeMS and BrazilMS.
    This is a Party Quest, similar to the Mu Lung Training Centre, that is part of the Find Master M event. By speaking with Agent Gaga, you will enter Hidden Street: Exclusive Training Center, a Perion themed map with two cat NPCs (Agent Meow on the left and Agent Kitty on the right) that resemble the cat from the cheese warehouse monster. From there you can choose to solo the PQ (speak with Agent Meow), or organize a party of 3-6 players (level range is the lowest level player in the group + 30; i.e. 32-62).

Objective
    The goal of this PQ is to gather agent points by killing every boss in the game, one by one, starting from the lowest level boss (Mano) to the strongest boss (Pianus). There are no World Tour bosses currently involved in this PQ.

The basics
    Every time you kill a boss and then exit through the portal on the right you will be rewarded with EXP and a certain amount of agent points based on the position of the boss in the PQs boss order (i.e. Faust gives five points; see below). After every 5 bosses are killed, you will enter a Perion-themed map with Agent Meow and a portal on the right. Taking the portal exits the PQ, and Agent Meow gives the choice to continue to the next set of bosses, or kick everyone out of the PQ.

Agent points and reward(s)
    You win the Boss Points by killing a boss and then using the portal to the right. After gathering 200 points, you can speak with either Agent Meow or Agent Kitty to ask for equipment. You will receive Agent N's Disposable Receiver for the first four times (800 points), and Agent N's Receiver for the fifth reward (1000 points). Both of these are low level hats, however the disposable ones have a 3-day duration; Agent N's Receiver is permanent and has better stats. Agent N's Disposable Receiver gives +2 to all stats and +5 HP (6 upgrades available) andAgent N's Receiver gives +3 to all stats and +10 HP.

Rushing tips
    The point of the boss rush is to use your party to effectively farm points. It is not about killing the most powerful boss, because there is no quest reward and the bosses do not drop equipment like they normally would. Using your party, push as far as you can through the boss rush, but when you get to a hard boss that takes over a minute or two, you know you're probably wasting your time. As such, have everyone leave the PQ and re-join immediately for another rush. Some bosses can bottle neck your group (based on accuracy and damage), so if it takes a little bit longer, but you know that your team can take out the next few bosses, it may be more efficient to continue. For example, a group under level 40 may not be able to pass Faust; thus your plan should be to defeat King Slime, use the portal, then speak with Agent Meow to return to the PQ lobby.

Boss order
    1. Mano
    2. Stumpy
    3. Deo
    4. King Slime
    5. Faust
    Rest Point
    1. King Clang
    2. Alishar
    3. Timer
    4. Mushmom
    5. Dile
    Rest Point
    1. Geno (Omega Sector boss)
    2. Nine Tailed Fox (Old Fox)
    3. Lord Pirate
    4. Tae Ryun
    5. Papa Pixie
    Rest Point
    1. Master Goblin
    2. Jr. Balrog
    3. Franken Roid
    4. Elliza
    5. Chimera
    Rest Point
    1. Snowman
    2. Crimson Balrog
    3. Manon
    4. Griffey
    5. Leviathan
    Rest Point
    1. Papulatus Clock (Clock only)
    2. Pianus (Right Side)

Source: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Party_Quests

• Like Like x 2
  13. DariBoo

DariBoo Chronos

Oct 8, 2015
    Female
    Dariela
    Priest
    Halcyon
    wait bpq is balrog pq right? OnionSparkOnionAdore

14. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:50 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    All the rewards had an expiration date

15. OP
    OP
    Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    If you would have readed even half of the thread you would have seen that the idea is to make a PQ for unique ring that give stats and that your not allowed to enter more then 3 time per days so no you would not be able to re-enter as much you want and those 2 big boss would give way more Dojo Point then the other which would make you able to get the reward way faster. Anyway Kim do not want any custom stuff so it will not happen, but next time at least read before leaving a comment thanks.

16. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Struggling a bit to find more/better/more reliable info...

17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Maybe it is also possible to add the monster cards that aren't farmable anymore ->if you are above pq requirement level<- in this pq, to give an alternative for buying them?

18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The PQ was already used last year, and we currently have no plans to put Monster Cards into different methods than those that were released.