1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Donor Cash Usable on Hair & Face

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bjski, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    9:02 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    This is both a suggestion and a means of gathering the communities opinion. Keep in mind that I'm fairly new to the server so I'm not the most familiar with previous discussions on this topic. With the recent growth surge, I feel a lot of new users are in the same boat as me; after viewing the plethora of options available to customize my character, I settled on a certain hair style. The style was an EXP option from Night Market. Long story short, my goal of getting that style hasn't gone so well... This brings me to my point: why can you not purchase hair and face through the use of donor points? Historically every server that I have played on has allowed this, and I was surprised to find MapleLegends was in the minority. Below you will find a pro/con list of implementing this option.

Pros
    -Allows for increased incentive to donate and support the server (This could lead to extra marketing dollars to increase the player base)
    -Could be viewed as a means of correcting the EXP hair problem. If somebody is motivated enough towards a cosmetic enhancement, then they are able to purchase it.
    -This could allow for more diversity within the player base, as the thought of striving towards a EXP hairstyle won't seem quite as daunting.

Cons
    -Could lead to a perceived class divide as donors are more likely to have the more exclusive hairstyles.

With all this being said, I would like to hear your opinions on the subject. If you have any other potential Pro's and Con's, let me know and I will edit the post! Thanks for reading and have a good day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:02 PM
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...purchasable-by-donor-points.10066/#post-93965

In the end, the goal of the server is not only getting money, Kim doesnt make any money what-so-ever from this server and we have enough $ to market, we are simply lacking marketing content (hense this: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-video-contest.9857 )

We want people to donate because they want to support the server, not because they just want to spend 100$ on getting a specific hairstyle.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    If your main objection is the cost of buying tickets, perhaps you could look into streamlining the process? By this I mean instead of implementing the current ticket system to the donor shop, an all encompassing donor npc with access to every style could be developed. An example of this would be $5 for hair + hair colour, and $5 for face + eye colour. Obviously the logistics would be left to you guys, but this is an idea I have seen be successful in similar servers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:02 PM
    Seems pretty cool to me, having a fixed amount to be able to select the hair you want. Kind of like VIP 'membership' tickets except it would be for every EXP hairstyle or something paid by donor points.

Another alternative would also be making VIP hairs only obtainable through VIP and EXP hairs only obtainable through EXP. (RN the EXP pool has too many VIP hairstyles) - this would keep the EXP tickets still cheaper since its random, but the chances of getting the hair you want would raise exponentially. I believe this is also a feature KimberlyKimberly is looking into adding in the possible future. (Part of her 'tedious' changes)

• Like Like x 3
  5. teborne

teborne Red Snail

Mar 8, 2017
    Male
    GetTom
    Cleric
    Eternal
  6. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    6:02 AM
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    Honestly, with all due respect Julie, it's the same as people spending $100's on getting all pieces of NX clothing you want..please make this available ;( The people have spoken

7. Yuuuki

Yuuuki Mushmom

Mar 31, 2017
    Europeeee
    3:02 PM
    Yuuuki
    Magician
    <<< thumbs up, altho i like it, i have to agree with MeepyMeepy downstairs >_<

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    9:02 PM
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    Dont really approve of this .Reason being, then people who donate to get hair would be able to save their NX for gach while people who dont donate have to spend their NX on getting hair. (Or probably forced to donate because they want that particular donor hair) In this way people who donate actually have more NX to gach then people that dont donate. Dont get me wrong, im a donator as well and this way seems easy (For us donator) to get the hair we want instead of spending NX to get it via EXP coupons. But in a sense spending NX on exp coupons has that nostalgic feels like in old maple where we spend so much NX to get their hair we want but couldnt. Just my opinion, no flaming please F3

9. OP
    OP
    Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    I completely see what you mean, but I'm curious as to why you believe this to be any different from nx clothing?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    9:02 PM
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    Because if u look in donor section and NX section. Both of them have really nice clothing. I wouldnt really say the donor side is way better den the NX side. But if you gonna choose exp hair (Which most people always want cuz they're mostly the nicest) as donor hair... How to put it in words. Just not really balance? Like i can only donate to get the nicer hair in legends :/ Its the same in Royals where they put the nicest hair as donor . And most people donate just to get the hair.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yuuuki

Yuuuki Mushmom

Mar 31, 2017
    Europeeee
    3:02 PM
    Yuuuki
    Magician
    To be honest, I like the normal nx clothing even more, but there are some nice things in the donor section also. And as for the hair thing..

For example Judy has been voting for a whole week (35k nx) and saving up for exp coupuns to get the hairstyle she wants,
    and then there is Maria who wants to save up nx and just to go the safe way and to donate 5 eur and get the hair she wants (as in this terms she would be paying for the "service").

Let's say Judy will fail and spend all her 35k nx, which was a SLOW process obtaining it, on trying to get the hair she wants,
    and then there is Lola who just donates real cash in order get the hair she wants FAST. (figuratively in this case she went to the shop and bought the thing she wanted)

So in general, as I have been lurking in the forums and observing, the people on this server want the gameplay to be as fair and as challenging as possible. ^^

Meow :3

12. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:02 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I know this threads been inactive for sometime, but I'd also love to see features like this being implemented to current donor shop.
    Just like what nubjuleznubjulez has suggested, it would be nice to have some special type of hair coupon that lets users pick any kinds of hair he/she wants like VIP coupon INCLUDING exp hairs.
    This suggestion also goes in term with Legends TOS that a player does not gain any kinds of advantage by using this- it is purely all cosmetic and simply provides a shortcut for people who have donated to get their desired hair styles quicker, rather than blowing through precious vote cash and relying on RNG GOD that he will somehow bless them with right style of haircuts.

KimberlyKimberly, Please fix
    definitely not salty that I've blown 60k nx cash (and counting to this day) on getting Evan hair. MapleF3

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    6:02 AM
    NSFW
    necroposting alert sorry but i dont wanna make a new thread when there's one already made

now that we can multivote can we pls donate for hair

14. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    Assassin

As the poster (Bjski) already mentioned earlier in the answers here. An all encompassing donor npc with access to every style could be developed. which can be hosted in the fm as a donor only, contains only exclusive hairstyles and faces, hair & skin color are another best choice to implement this change. As I've also seen this implemented easily in other private servers.... but judging by the year this topic was published, I believe that this will never happen, so you restored this dead post that was supposed to be buried and forgotten.