1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Downscaling/inverse supersampling/Resolutions?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Tate, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:02 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Hi Everyone,

I have a computer-related question that i'm not entirely sure where to start looking for answers.

Put simply, I have an old laptop whose screen is no longer working. Was thinking about using it as a ML client. When I plug it into a 4k monitor that can support a resolution higher than 1336x768 the HD resolutions work fine. however when i plug it into a monitor with a lower resolution (e.g 1280x720), it gives me the Failed to find proper screen mode in GR2D error.

I can still play the game fine especially in its OG 800x600 resolution, but my question is, why can't my computer output a shrinked/scaled down version of a higher resolution on a small resolution display?. Is this even possible at all or is it a hardware a limitation of the monitor that is being used? Can this be changed or brute-forced albeit with a smushed, near-unplayable shrinked play screen area result?

Using CRU doesn't seem to work even after following the countless available guides out there, and I've found things like IntegerScaler but i haven't tried it with MapleLegends yet.

I guess my main question is about monitors, and how computers compute resolutions.

Thanks for reading.

2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:02 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    mushroom game no work